Windsor Memorial Apartments: Multifamily High-Rise At 3131 Memorial Cr.

TheNiche

GlobeSt.com Commercial Real Estate News and Property Resource

EXCLUSIVE Last updated: April 3, 2007 07:46am

Legacy Maps Out $60M-Plus Plan for 334 Units

By Amy Wolff Sorter

HOUSTON-The Foster City, CA-based Legacy Partners Residential Development Inc. has closed on 3.3 acres in West Central Houston to build a 334-unit residential project. Sources familiar with the location say the development dirt alone cost nearly $13 million while the project itself could end up close to $155 per sf to build.

Link

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legacy at Memorial will be one- and two-bedroom units, averaging 1,179 sf. The average monthly rent is projected to be $2,392.

Might as well get a loan and pay a mortgage, that is so expensive for a measley 2 bedrooms! :closedeyes:

I'm sure someone in the existing communities along Studemont and Memorial will be displeased with the blocked views of the skyline. Nevertheless, if this gets built, residents would certainly be paying top dollar for a unit facing east. I'd imagine that view would be among the five best in the city.

Sounds like they're talking north of Memorial, where an old distribution depot used to be (I don't know the history of it, just that it was basically torn down a couple of years ago). The warehouse across the bayou on Montrose used to be Sears among other things, and from what I understand, a new mosque and/or faith center will be built there. I'll have to try to do an archive search at one of either the Chronicle or HBJ to find the specific article.

• 2 weeks later...
Just imagine if the Orions hadn't turned out to be a farce. :(

Yeah, Hizzy, I suppose the Orions were just way too much $$$ when so many other residential highrises are going up. It would have been nice. I think this one will fly because it is really nice and in the right location. I wondered years ago if that great piece of real estate would ever be developed and now, perhaps, we have liftoff.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
where did westerngulf get that rendering? do we have a link for it?

I think he may have saved it when some of the original articles were active since I recall seeing it elsewhere.

The same rendering is also featured on the architect's website in the residential section of their portfolio under the name "Memorial Drive". I've also seen the vague mention of "Fall 2007" as a date for groundbreaking. Is that still correct?

Archived