Chase Bank At 600 McGowen St.

editor

The city has issued a permit for a new free-standing bank at 600 McGowen (at Smith Street). I looked on Google Maps and don't think it's the eastern corner -- that strip mall is less than ten years old. Maybe it will end up in the surface parking lot to the north. It's not much, but it's better than a parking lot, I guess.

The city has issued a permit for a new free-standing bank at 600 McGowen (at Smith Street). I looked on Google Maps and don't think it's the eastern corner -- that strip mall is less than ten years old. Maybe it will end up in the surface parking lot to the north. It's not much, but it's better than a parking lot, I guess.

Is this the new Wachovia bank, just south of Spec's Warehouse? If so, it appears to be nearly completed. When was the permit issued?

If every bank had a dry cleaner in its lobby (or vice-versa) about a third of the buildings in Midtown would be unneccessary. :D

SO true!

And toss in a full bar with a couple of tv screens to watch sports, and you'd only really need one or two buildings tops.

Ugh. This is getting ridiculus. While it's great that there is "development," how many banks, bars, dry cleaners and drug stores does one neighborhood need?

While it's great that there is "development," how many banks, bars, dry cleaners and drug stores does one neighborhood need?

Send them all to us "Hillbillies" here in the Near East End. It'll make us feel like were back in them there hills.

Right Jed!? Hmmm doggy! Time for some of grannies rheumetism medicine!

granydrink.gif

Went past the intersection of Smith and McGowen yesterday, and there's activity on the southeast corner of that block. A sign says Lovett Builders is building a mixed-usage center (presumably retail and residential.)

That sign has been there for ages. Lovett and Mixed Used sounds funny anyway.

There was a sign for Chase Bank on that block about a year ago (used to live in the Camden right there)... that lot is prime for the taking, as Ibiza in the strip mall generates a LOT of high income traffic, but another bank!?

• The title was changed to New Bank Going Up
  • The title was changed to Chase Bank At 600 McGowen St.