"Lost" thread

KimberlySayWhat

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a hunch that bearded Jack was in the future. That it was a flashforward instead of a flashback. If they were to open that casket I was half expecting to see someone like Sawyer in there.

That was a crazy episode! It was good though!

I think so too, DJ. From now on I think their island lives will be the flashbacks. It left us with so many more questions!

Jack pulled over a cried when he read the obituary, whoever's it was. Later Kate had a different reaction. Makes me think that maybe the deceased was once a friend, a fellow survivor perhaps who turned on them.

If I were a TV/movie cryer, I would have bawled at Charlie's death scene. I was expecting the "Titanic" theme to start playing. It was certainly emotional. I would have also cried when Sawyer told Hurley that he'd just get in the way and get them all killed because of his size. Poor Hurley.

Danielle reunited with Alex after 16 years! Awsome. I was hoping we'd see that before the finale. I would have liked the reveal of Jack and Claire being siblings to come out, but we can't have it all at once.

Walt! He hadn't grown as much as I thought he would, but his voice has definitely changed. Almost sounded as if they electronically altered it to make it sound younger.

musicman:

i'm going to have to go back and watch the previous seasons. not an avid watcher but just an occasional one. tonight's episode was emotional and amazing IMO. the producers/writers did a great job!

You only have nine months to get caught up. Better get moving!

Maybe that was all one of Desmond's future flashes... alternate reality.. what *could* happen.... not necessarily what will happen.

Christian is still dead. Jack asked for Christian, yes, but in a intoxicated, painkiller-induced, hurt rage. Maybe thts how the other doctor knew something was wrong and asked him to come to his office.. that he was dillusiional and asking for his dead daddy.

I don't think that They will start off next season getting rscued and from here on out flashbacks occur on the island.. for 3 more seasons ?? I Don't think so !!!

3 seasons of Losties coping in the the real world... that would be awful.

We don't know that Ben is wrong... I really don't trust the whole 'flash forward' as reality. And I don't trust the Satphone transmission.. "Oh, ok, there you are, we're on the way to rescue you"

I do trust Ben and Locke that they probably just made matters worse by calling out.

The futureflash assumes they get rescued as a result of Jack's actions in callign the Satphone.... but, we know its not Penny's boat out there.. which means we know Naomi lied... which means we know Ben and Locke are most likely correct in that a greater evil is now coming.

As for the funeral in the forward flash.. i think it had to be another Lostie, someone that wasnt neccessarily loved, since Kate said "Why would I go".... Locke's actions certainly would lead to not being loved by the othe Losties since he's now trying to prevent rescue... so I thought it was Locke.

Charlie didnt have to die.. Desmond did that to him. I know he was trying to save Desmond from trying to talk to Penny and die, but he had time to get out of that room before locking the hatch.

He chose to stay in becasue of what Desmond told him he would have to do..

It sucks that the Hobbit is gone !!

I think the twist ending was the biggest twist ever on Lost, and changed the show format itself completely. The last three seasons were about how to leave the island. Maybe the last three seasons will be about how they (or some of them) get back on the island.

We can assume that Walt (and maybe his father) and Locke are both working together on the island to rebuild Ben's camp but not as hostile. Locke's working for Jacob now. Remember Walt's quote, "We have work to do". (My favorite twist of this episode)

Hurley obviously will be a major part of the next season, since his mystery (one of the biggest on the show) was never revealed yet; what do his lottery numbers mean.

Who was Naomi and what was her boat? If Ben was wrong saying she's not who we think she is, what was up with Charlie's last words, and what made it significant that it wasn't Penny's boat? And why did Charlie die when he could have survived with the scuba gear? That didn't make sense at all.

And after they leave the island, wussup with Jack not being able to die? Drugs, alcohol, a suicide attempt, a car almost crashing into him and him not caring, etc. And he hates being called a hero. Probably because him being a hero got them off the island.

And wussup with Kate's life that makes her so happy and Jack want to go back? I'm assuming that either she's with Sawyer, or there's gonna be another twist with who she's with.

Either way, you can tell that from now on, we'll learn the rest of the secrets of the island from outside the island. It's gonna be a total 180 now between the flashbacks and the island

Either way, you can tell that from now on, we'll learn the rest of the secrets of the island from outside the island. It's gonna be a total 180 now between the flashbacks and the island

I disagree 100%.. but guess we'll find out in 8 months.

I don't think they're really getting off the island anytime soon.. not till the final season.

About halfway through last night's episode I had figured out that the scenes with Jack back home were in the future, and not flashbacks. And I half expected it to be Kate that drove up when he called someone and asked that person to meet him outside the airport. I wasn't expecting him to say they should have never left.

I don't see them being rescued in the premiere of the next season either. That would be far too easy and would kill interest in the series. There are still far too many mysteries on the island to be revealed, and part of me does believe that Ben and Locke are correct that they shouldn't have made that call.

It's going to be very interesting to see where the show goes from here. I just wish we didn't have to wait until February to find out what happens next.

DJ V Lawrence:

And wussup with Kate's life that makes her so happy and Jack want to go back? I'm assuming that either she's with Sawyer, or there's gonna be another twist with who she's with.

Too me Kate didn't seem overly content. Maybe whatever happened, she's just accepted it and moved on. Jack on the other hand...

After thinking about the finale more and reading other fans' comments, are we so sure that the final scene was taking place in the future/present? All during Jack's "flash forward" no one acknowledged his being a survivor of Oceanic 815 . Wouldn't that be pretty big news? Didn't Jack's face stubble on the island look grayer than his beard in the (assuming) "future"? And I really just noticed how gray Jack's getting. I don't know. Somehow I think it might turn out to be a twist on top of a twist. Something just doesn't seem right.

Oh, and I read on another site that the L.A. Times paper, which Jack tore the obituary out of was an actual issue from April, 5, 2007.

Oh, and I read on another site that the L.A. Times paper, which Jack tore the obituary out of was an actual issue from April, 5, 2007.

I've already searched the LATimes archives for that date... trying to match words from

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1...erclipping2.jpg

but I've had no luck.

Wouldnt that have been one hell of an easter egg had they managed to plant an article in the paper then refernece it in the finale, just to have people find it and stew over it all off-season.

Another interesting point was brought up. When Kate's about to leave and says to Jack, "He'll wonder where I am", everyone assumed she was talking about her husband or boyfriend but what if it's her child she's referring to? Her and Sawyer's child. Maybe Sawyer's in the casket. It looks like Sawyer's heading towards the darkside again. It could have been foreshadowing something.

Highway6:

I've already searched the LATimes archives for that date... trying to match words from

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1...erclipping2.jpg

but I've had no luck.

We don't know any characters with a name beginning with Jo. Unless it's an a and it's James Ford.

You can read one of the real Times stories here:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

Scroll down.

when the new Chief was questioning Jack in the hospital flashback/forward, Jack said "go upstairs and see if my father is drunker then me"

kinda throws things off. though he was hopped up and drunk so that doesn't mean much.

i don't think the next season will start with them getting rescued, that's not Penny's boat so there's probably some truth to what Ben said, considering we know Naomi is lying. she works for people that know about desmond and penny (people with money/resources), but penny had no idea who she was.

agreed desmond killed charlie. he told charlie he saw claire getting rescued just to get charlie to do it. charlie thought he had to die when he didn't have to (at that moment at least).

That would make perfect sense. The island story supposedly took place (timeline wise) in Fall-Winter 2004. The fast forwards would probably be present day. Supposedly, they were supposed to be rescued on Christmas (that's what I gathered from Charlie's flashbacks), so that would make good sense that it stayed on track.

Here's another theory going around: Jack and Kate were on the island once before. The FB/FF scene at the airport took place after the first time and before the September 2004 crash. I heard a rumor a long time ago that Kate and Jack are Dharma people.

Like I said, things just don't add up.

Only nine months to speculate. :blink:

when the new Chief was questioning Jack in the hospital flashback/forward, Jack said "go upstairs and see if my father is drunker then me"

kinda throws things off. though he was hopped up and drunk so that doesn't mean much.

i don't think the next season will start with them getting rescued, that's not Penny's boat so there's probably some truth to what Ben said, considering we know Naomi is lying. she works for people that know about desmond and penny (people with money/resources), but penny had no idea who she was.

agreed desmond killed charlie. he told charlie he saw claire getting rescued just to get charlie to do it. charlie thought he had to die when he didn't have to (at that moment at least).

Maybe Penny did know Naomi, maybe she hired Naomi's crew before Desmond went back in time and know she doesn't know she ever hired them because it never happened in the new time that they are in. Does anyone understand what I am trying to say?

Thanks Kimberly for the link!

citykid09:

Maybe Penny did know Naomi, maybe she hired Naomi's crew before Desmond went back in time and know she doesn't know she ever hired them because it never happened in the new time that they are in. Does anyone understand what I am trying to say?

I think Penny Windmore could be a bad guy.

Who thinks we won't find out who's in that coffin until May of 2010? I bet it won't even be addressed at all next season just like the Polish guys in the snow from last season's finale who we never saw again, one of which looked eerily like Jack. The producers themselves said the show is a mosaic that will slowly be pieced together.

Blasted show and blasted hiatus!

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well throw my hat in the ring. Still 250 days of speculation!!

First of all, if you've never read the Chron's Tubular reviews of Lost written by Therese Odell, you don't know what you're missing. Excellent takes on each episode. I believe she's planning on watching season 1 again over the summer and doing the same thing for each episode.

Lost Blog on Chron.com

So here are a few of my thoughts now that the episode has simmered in my mind for a while. I gotta say, the season finale is set to DO NOT DELETE until season 4 starts up again. I've watched the final 2 minutes several times and I still get shivers. No question that LOST is the best show on television. How can you not get shivers hearing Jack shout "We have to go back, Kate!!"

So please allow me to start theorizing:

Michael is in the coffin. Here are my top 6 reasons.

1) The full text of the obit is said to contain the line: La(n)tham is survived by one teenaged son. The teenaged son, well, that must be Walt.

2) Michael is from New York

3) Jack is obsessed with the Island and everything about it and Michael is an interesting piece of that

4) Kate would be indifferent/angry because Michael was a traitor

5) The funeral was in a black neighborhood

6) The actor (Harold Perrineau) refused to appear in the finale - maybe Jack was supposed to open the casket? Maybe this isn't supposed to be a Lost "season 6 reveal."

The reason I can't believe it's Locke or Ben (other popular choices) is that I think that they would have committed suicide a LONG time ago if they had been taken against their will from the Island and left alone to live in peace off the Island. Would they have waited 28 months? Doubt it. Heck, Locke was willing to kill himself ON the Island. Michael may have been driven mad by the secret keeping and changing his name and essentially, starting his life over. Look at what a wreck Jack became after the island. More on him in a moment.

Why is Kate at peace? She always wanted to go back to help people on the Island. It seems that she wants to forget whatever went down there. My guess is that she is living quietly under an assumed name OR the people who rescued her and Jack (yes, I believe ONLY Kate and Jack were rescued) have some very powerful ties and she has been absolved of all her crimes in exchange for silence.

Jack is obsessed with the Island because he left people behind. I bet that when he boarded the helicopter to leave with Kate, he promised he would come right back with some other means and take them all home. Little did he know that the people rescuing him were not on the up and up. I have heard many people believe that Penny Widmore and Charles Widmore were seeking the Island independently of one another and for very different reasons. One is sinister and one is good.

I don't think we will see a complete flip of Lost on its head now. We won't only see flashforwards. The title of the episode "Through the Looking Glass" implies a mirror, in my opinion, just like from the "Alice" stories. Seasons 4-6 will mirror seasons 1-3. We have seen 71 hours of Lost so far. There are probably 51 hours remaining (double episode season finales) so we're really more than half-way done with the story.

Right now, I have no clue how they will take the direction of the show. I think season 4 could contain these elements of storytelling:

1. Jack and Kate flashing back to the Island, perhaps BEFORE the rescue, i.e. September 22 - December 23, 2004. I could be wrong and usually am, but I don't think we'll see the continuation of Jack with the sat phone for a little while into season 4. But it could also be the season premier.

2. The other Losties will get traditional flashbacks and will detail their lives post rescue, from December 24, 2004 - April 5, 2007 on the island. Now, see, this is where I'm confusing myself. We've basically taken 3 seasons to show 90 days worth of linear timeline. Could they take 16-48 episodes to show 28 months or more worth of linear story?

3. The surviving Others joining forces with the Losties to fight a mysterious third party, which may include the rescue ship. They may hate each other but survival is still key.

I think Jack and Kate are really in 2007. I think that for the sixth and final season, Jack and Kate will return to the Island and lead a rescue. But he can't go back until some of the Island's VERY BIG mysteries are revealed and that can't happen until the end. Such as why the Island is shielded from the world, what is the smoke monster, why doesn't Richard age, how long have people been living on the Island, etc. My other question is whether or not we'll flash forward in time again, that is, the series finale of LOST will take place in or near real time, in spring 2010. That's what I personally believe. I think Jack's going to need considerably more time to figure out how to get back. But he will. Oh yes, he will. And when he does, it's going to be awesome.

Seeing as there are still 8 months before season 4, go out there and watch some of the old episodes, you'll appreciate everything this show has done even more. And convince some more people to watch. I've hooked 9 people on the show so far. Don't let them give you some story about how they can't catch up now, it's too late. Whatevs. Eight months, 71 episodes, that's about 50 hours on DVD. I watched season 1 on DVD over 4 days. It's summer, there's nothing else good on TV.

It's way too early to know, but yeah, it could be Michael. If so, he must have done something truly despicable between the time he left until April 2007. As if killing a couple of his fellow survivors wasn't enough. Kate obviously despised whoever is in the casket. Harold Perrineau is rumored to be back as a regular next season. This show is unpredictble. You never know.

Why did Harold Perrineau refuse to appear in the finale?

I saw the actor who plays Richard in a promo for a new series in the fall. I can't see him sticking around unless that new show is a flop.

Kimberly, THIS movie, MAY have something to do with LOST. I have been told by a reliable Lost fan here at work. That this Forrest Whittaker movie has the Dharma Initiative's Symbol, displayed prominently by a doorway that Forrest is exiting during the movie. You may want to watch this B-flick at about halfway through, start looking, to see if there is any connection ? The same symbol is definately in the movie. Here is a link:

http://www.cinemasense.com/Reviews/ghost_dog.htm

Cool! I don't see how it could be related, but I'll take a peek.

But first I ned to know, does it contain any decapitated heads or other really scary imagery?

I don't think there are any decapitations, but it IS a Samurai/Warrior movie, so there may be some blood.

I don't think there are any decapitations, but it IS a Samurai/Warrior movie, so there may be some blood.

I watched the whole preview.. combined with how old it is.. I think whoever thinks this has anything to do with Lost is smoking something.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to see if you guys still watched LOST.

I have a few questions maybe you all can answer.

Who was shooting those fire spheres?

What happened to the other survivors like Rose and Bernard?

Archived