The Offices At Sam Houston

psilverot

If anything they should connect 249 and beltway 8 going west(towards 290), so we all don't have to exit and then re-enter the beltway.

I lived right at Greens and 249.....nice area with easy access to and from work..problem is the damn morning commute and the increased traffic off the two-way road past Gessner...

I feel you on the West Road and BW8 Intersection.....I've been caught in that several times and hate it...

If they expand 249 to I-45..that would probably be a great thing......but they would HAVE to put an on-ramp to I-45 which would probably mean an I-45 expansion to handle the increased traffic flow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when they announced the plans, the "rationale" was power lines or something like that but they eventually added another ramp....

it's dumb it's not there also but realistically, your talking about major backlog if the roads aren't ready to handle the Westbound flow...I've been fortunate to work against traffic all my life so I can wonder how the 290, BW8 interchange will look like

• 2 weeks later...

The project will be named Remington Square. I believe Caldwell Watson is the developer. The whole thing looks pretty neat!

I'm talking about the parcel of land between Gessner/West and Windfern, on the north side (between the Exxon/apartments and flooring warehouse/Kroger).

They are building an "Office Park" with 383,000sf of "luxury office space". Right at the end of a residential road that cuts through to/from West Road.

My mother, who lives on that road (Red Wolf), is livid.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by the lot the morning, the Remington Square sign is GONE and the plot of land is FOR SALE by Caldwell. I guess they figured out it was a crap location for something like this - especially now they've put up a huge new "industrial park" right across the street.

I'm sure this lot will be purchased and developed for something really useful, like a dog collar manufacturer or roller skate distrubution center.

Drove by today and noticed that the sign for Remington Square is still up.

Yes, indeed it is still there... I swear it was gone last Thursday!! However, down the back the signs are up that the land is for sale - and they're new signs. I can't figure out WHAT is going on with this.

I don't think anything would make us happy, though! :angry2:

I definitely prefer an office park over a distribution center for the area. At least there will be some more restaurants and stores to check out with this office park!! :rolleyes:

Yes, indeed it is still there... I swear it was gone last Thursday!! However, down the back the signs are up that the land is for sale - and they're new signs. I can't figure out WHAT is going on with this.

I don't think anything would make us happy, though! :angry2:

• 1 month later...
http://www.remingtonsquare.com/aboutRS.html

My mum lives on the main road that borders this project to the south. She's freaking out. That tract is TOO SMALL for everything they're touting here... it's gonna be INTERESTING to say the least

I guess the "soothing sounds of the cool water" wasn't good enough to promote Remington Square in this traffic and pollution congested corridor that has sprung up over the last few years. It was inevitable that this project wasn't going to be a success at Fallbrook and Beltway 8 location. I mean just look at the long line of business tenants scrambling to get a lease space in that new strip center on Beltway and Gessner. Remington Square would have worked somewhere along the 249 corridor between Willowbrook and Tomball, but definitely not anywhere on the Beltway, which is MEANT to be ugly and dull, not tranquil and beautiful.

• 1 month later...

My worst fear has come true. Caldwell has broken ground on Remington Square.

I've lived in the neighborhood behind this project for several years. It was a nice place to live, but Caldwell has come in and wrecked it.

First, they built a giant warehouse thingy that likely won't even be filled.

Now, Remington Square. A multi-building complex with a giant parking garage that's just feet from an elementary school and a stones-throw from two well-kept middle-class neighborhoods.

There's no way they can fit all those buildings and a parking garage on that tract of land.

Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent?

• 4 months later...

Looks like they're starting on one building for the Reminton Square project. It looks like they are working on the second floor already.

My worst fear has come true. Caldwell has broken ground on Remington Square.

I've lived in the neighborhood behind this project for several years. It was a nice place to live, but Caldwell has come in and wrecked it.

First, they built a giant warehouse thingy that likely won't even be filled.

Now, Remington Square. A multi-building complex with a giant parking garage that's just feet from an elementary school and a stones-throw from two well-kept middle-class neighborhoods.

There's no way they can fit all those buildings and a parking garage on that tract of land.

Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Looks like another distribution center is being constructed along beltway 8 near West Rd. next to the new Bank of America. The NewQuest office buildings aren't so bad.

Thanks, I was wondering what that was going to be. Glad to hear they're not more apartments.

• 2 months later...

Taco Cabana just opened on BW8 / West, just inside the beltway (next to the Walgreens). Now I can get my Mexican fix and only go through two stoplights :-)

Remington Square is almost finished. It looks very nice, but the traffic hasn't started yet. They need to put in a new stoplight at Fallbrook and whatever the road is that runs behind RS, or no one will ever get out of that development.

I wonder what fantastic eateries will open there? And fine shopping? I'm thinking Qwikee Mart and Lenny's Subs.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Looks like one of the building in the Heron Lakes Office Park will be home to the Art Institute - North Campus. I believe they are building something else right behind this building. They have started moving dirt already. I'm glad they decided to plant pine trees to cover up that mini-parking garage.

• 4 years later...

Archived