Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

This is correct... I just read that it will have ground floor retail... this was needed to get LEED certification.

Where did you read that? How on earth does having retail make a building more environmentally friendly? As far as I know, there isn't any LEED credit for mixing uses.

Where did you read that? How on earth does having retail make a building more environmentally friendly? As far as I know, there isn't any LEED credit for mixing uses.

http://www.allbusiness.com/operations/faci.../4420437-1.html

This article mentions ground level retail. This isn't the article I read that says it was required to get LEED credit... I read that somewhere else... can't find that article.

• 2 months later...
Guys, don't get too carried away. That rendering is about four months old. The new one will be going public in a few weeks and is a vast improvement.

I do believe you... I'm just curious how you know. Are you in the "inter-loop of knowledge" of the contruction projects?

I do believe you... I'm just curious how you know. Are you in the "inter-loop of knowledge" of the contruction projects?

There are a bunch of non-architect, developer/broker types who lurk on this board.....good place to pick off information on competitor's projects from architects who shouldn"t be talking!

Guys, need I remind quite a bit of you to take the information as its given to you and let it go? As I've said before on other posts, the people that post here are usually just the people privy to some information that isn't widely known and they could burn themselves or their sources if they give out too much info.

Let people share what they want to share, this guy has cred.

I've noticed on downtown maps on the street that the west side of DT is called the Skyline district. Do they call it that b/c that's just what it is, or are there some kind of regulations that say if you build in that area, it's gotta be a certain height?

They call it that because it's a gimmick.

Wow...a vastly improved rendering is coming of a Westchase boxy building plopped down on the park. I. can't. wait.

Too bad that the building doesn't have a tunnel connection nor is close to getting one due to the ongoing negotiations with their neighbors...nothing like not being on the tunnel system to kill a few lease proposals.

I don't honestly see what anyone is excited about in this building...its a 30-40 story box, with some, cough cough, interesting structure at the top with wind turbines in the roof which according to local HVAC experts, will MAYBE on a good day provide 1% of the buildings energy. Bet that takes a while to pay back...if they don't value engineer those ridiculous things off the building after they pay 5 Houston Center a ridiculous fee to connect to their building.

This building is still boring. And no park will change that.