Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

This week's Business Journal had a page ad with an evening view I hadn't seen before...

DT0508-1.jpg

Also, this small panel rendering of the lobby area.

DT0508-2.jpg

Well done, CTN.

I agree that the OPP does look amazingly real, so does DG. :) Whoever did this rendering deserves an "atta' boy!" for the work he did on this one.

This week's Business Journal had a page ad with an evening view I hadn't seen before...

DT0508-1.jpg

Very nice... I love it. Great location, too... it's going to look great towering over Discovery Green, especially with One Park Place right next to it.

It's been almost three months since we've seen a construction pic. Surely someone's been by there in the last couple of weeks. :(

Actually, there are a few on the last page that I took a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, here are a couple of the site from today. Looks like they'll be putting the crane in soon.

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

they're pouring the concrete for the foundation june 7th @ 8am... 850 trucks pouring 7500 cubic yards of concrete. there will be multiple platforms for viewing, as well as complimentary coffee and donuts.

the video presentation is pretty neat.

they're pouring the concrete for the foundation june 7th @ 8am... 850 trucks pouring 7500 cubic yards of concrete. there will be multiple platforms for viewing, as well as complimentary coffee and donuts.

the video presentation is pretty neat.

Really??... for the public to view?? :o Neat! :D

But seriously... is this true? I may want to check that out, but only if I know it's 100% true... that's early for me to get up on a Saturday morning... if I am up that early it's usually b/c I haven't been to bed yet.... that happens more times than I should say. :wacko: ha ha

Edited by HtownWxBoy

I'm sure the level of respect would increase

either that or some kind of battle royale...possibly involving donoughts and coffee with the viewing platform as some kind of arena...either way, seems like an interesting day...

If anyone can confirm to me that they're definitely going to be there on the observation deck for the pour, I'll FedEx you some HAIF cards to distribute to the crowd.

multiple viewing decks is what i've been told... but i'm sure there isn't an unlimited supply donuts and coffee, ya bunch of moochers ^_^

I'm sure the level of respect would increase

I think that the old George Carlin observation that the extent to which a person is observed to be an asshole is inversely proportional to the proximity between you and he at the time that the trait is revealed to you really does hold true.

There's probably something about this on YouTube if you wanted to look at the bit.

Best you start a new topic on this before the mod whip is cracked, Discover Tower is the topic at hand.

Whatever do you mean? We're talking about getting together early on a Saturday morning to watch a foundation being poured. It's very much on topic.

...and fun. :mellow: