Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

FYI, Discovery Tower will have 871,001 SF of office space (as of Feb. 8, 2008)

http://marketing.cbre.com/houston/Listing%...%20Property.pdf

Soooo, if 21 floors of office space was going to encompas 630,000 feet, I guess the new specs support 31 floors of office with 10 stories of parking on the adjacent lot.

And from the FWIW department, I drove by this evening and both cranes were up and one of them had a huge auger/corksrcrew/drill on it. Like the kind they use to drill piers for big office buildings.

How far into the process were they, time-wise when they realized they needed to buy the adjoining block for a parking structure? I mean, did they come to this realization fairly recently?

Since 2010 has chosen not to clarify his earlier post or answer my question, let me clear things up a bit.

The fact is, TC had the adjoining block under contract at the time they announced their purchase of Block 126 and plans to construct Discovery Tower. The fact is (as I demonstrated in an earlier post) TC had in mind the possibility of building parking on the adjoining block from the very start, contrary to what 2010 wanted us to believe.

Since 2010 has chosen not to clarify his earlier post or answer my question, let me clear things up a bit.

The fact is, TC had the adjoining block under contract at the time they announced their purchase of Block 126 and plans to construct Discovery Tower. The fact is (as I demonstrated in an earlier post) TC had in mind the possibility of building parking on the adjoining block from the very start, contrary to what 2010 wanted us to believe.

just because you use the word "fact" doesnt mean your statements are factual. unless, of course, you are a sr. principal with crow, which i seriously doubt.

seems to me that you try your best to discredit others while no one is allowed to question your posts.

/ $0.02

just because you use the word "fact" doesnt mean your statements are factual. unless, of course, you are a sr. principal with crow, which i seriously doubt.

seems to me that you try your best to discredit others while no one is allowed to question your posts.

/ $0.02

What is your problem? If you have contrary facts, please feel free to post them. Where did I even imply that no is allowed to question my posts? Question away, man. Question all you want. But keep it to the facts. If you can provide evidence that my facts are incorrect, I'm all eyes. And as I have shown on these boards, I am very happy to be corrected and, unlike plenty of board members, will admit to being wrong when shown to be so.

For anyone who is interested... here are my sources.

The Business Journal article I linked earlier, says that they have the adjoining block under contract... that is as of March 2007.

Now, many of you know that I don't automatically believe everything I read in the newspapers. BUT, in this case, everything they said in the article matches up with other facts. In an earlier article, they said they had Block 126 under contract in December 2006. According to the county records, they took title to Block 126 in March 2007.

Now, the linked March 2007 article claims they have an adjoining block under contract. They in fact, (again, according to publicly-available county records) took title to the adjoining Block 98 in June 2007.

Not that hard to figure out; not that hard to verify. (And one doesn't have to be a sr. principal with Crow to do so.)

;-)

Again, if anyone has evidence contrary to any of this, I'm all eyes; and I will happily stand corrected.

But keep it to the facts.

which is my point.

2010 made a disclaimer it was something he heard.

when your "source" is nothing more than the HBJ, its a report you are regurgating, not facts.

rather than bashing 2010, you could have easily said, "well, per HBJ, they said x".

you dont have any inside information on the projects, so stop acting like you do.

final $0.02 on the subject and sorry to the mods...

which is my point.

2010 made a disclaimer it was something he heard.

when your "source" is nothing more than the HBJ, its a report you are regurgating, not facts.

rather than bashing 2010, you could have easily said, "well, per HBJ, they said x".

you dont have any inside information on the projects, so stop acting like you do.

final $0.02 on the subject and sorry to the mods...

Yeah, yeah, you've promised us your "final" comments before.

read more carefully before you go off on someone. 2010 never made any such disclaimer. I have never said or implied , anywhere at any time, that I have any inside information. In fact, I have repeatedly told people I have no inside information. None. And regurgitated facts are still facts. Facts gleaned from the Harris County public records, accessible to anyone online, are facts.

I couldn't find the Discovery Green thread (I went back 5 pages) so I'll post it here. Channel 2 is going to be doing a special on Discovery Green and it's grand opening I presume on March 1st. Lauren Freeman was the one who shot the promo for it. Just a heads up.

People keep raggin' on this building, but I like it more and more every time I see it. This newer rendering shows a lot more interesting things going on at the top. It might even make all those people who want to see improved lighting floo-floo on the downtown towers happier. There certainly are worse buildings going up. Still, I would love another 10 floors on this one.

Is it trapazoid shaped? And maybe I'm the only one who hasn't noticed yet, but it looks like the top ornamental part is only on the front.

I don't understand the topper of this building. Are those columns? We need a better rendering than just the front... for all we know, a massive statue of Chuck Norris could be on the other side...

People keep raggin' on this building, but I like it more and more every time I see it. This newer rendering shows a lot more interesting things going on at the top. It might even make all those people who want to see improved lighting floo-floo on the downtown towers happier. There certainly are worse buildings going up. Still, I would love another 10 floors on this one.

Hey, from what I've seen so far, especially after this new rendering, I like it. It seems chic but not over the top.

The demographics on the location are kind of interesting. It says there are almost half a million people within a 5 mile radius, and the population within 1 mile is overwhelmingly male.

Why would CRBE include this on their website? It doesn't sell or differentiate their property. This data applies to every other building in the CBD as well.

I think there actually may be some wind turbines in the top. There's some short little white poles that appear to have a spinning blade (very hard to see, but it looks like they're there....)

...and by the way - my office is on the 30th floor of One Houston Center, and there is a lot of wind at that height. You can hear it zipping between One HC adn the Fulbright tower almost every day for long periods of time

Edited by King Owl

I don't understand the topper of this building. Are those columns? We need a better rendering than just the front... for all we know, a massive statue of Chuck Norris could be on the other side...

Man, I almost blew my coffee through my nose when I read your comment on Chuck! :D

I agree that it does not look as if the top ornamentation actually extends the full breadth of the top of the building. Maybe we are going to have another Memorial Herman "off center crown debate".