Sign in to follow this  
Vertigo58

A Murder In Texas

Hi y’all! Someone once again sent me this thread about my old house. I’m an historian by nature and a Houstonian by heart, so I’ll chime in. I bought the house at 1561 Kirby Drive in 2006 and sold it in 2013.  I have read a lot about my old home both before, during and after I lived there.

I bought it because it was a great home for two very active young children with room to grow for when they matured and needed their own space. It was a good house for entertaining and we did a lot of that, both informally and for charity. We had fun celebrating holidays and birthdays here, game nights, swim parties, Halloween parties, end-of-school parties, movie nights and on, on and on!

That was the upside.

1 hour ago, FilioScotia said:

And the downside was?????

I'm guessing knowing that a person, maybe two, was murdered there. More likely it could be the asinine questions some people would inevitably ask the current owner about events that happened +/- 35 years before. It may also be the number of gawkers who slowed down or stopped to stare at the house - were they just curious or casing the place?

• Thanks 1