Houston Methodist Scurlock Tower At 6560 Fannin St.

ricco67

I was in Scurlock tower (in the med center) waiting for my car to be brought down by the valet, when I spotted this little old lady climb into the car that they had brought down to her.

Didn't think a thing about it as she drove off.

Just as she was turning onto fannin and disappearing from view...I heard a man behind me yelling. Turning around I saw this old man running (well..hobbling, actually) yelling:

"Wait! Damnit! Wait!"

I asked, "What happend? Did she forget something?" as I was getting ready to run after the car before the light turned green.

"Yes, she sure did, she forgot ME!"

I just stared at him in disabief and then noticed the traffic was moving....along with his ride.

"Yep. Forgot I was with her..again. Don't worry, she'll get home and realize it."

"Where do you live? I can give you a lift, maybe?" I asked.

"Huntsville."

At that point, I gave him my cell and asked him to call a relative who lived nearby.

Turns out this was the 3rd time in 4 months.

The people I get to meet. I offered my card in the hopes of saving this man some grief in the future.

BTW: his son called a cab for him.

Ricco

Edited by ricco67
  • Like 1

the thing that strikes me, you would have figured he would have learned his lesson.

One: go to the bathroom BEFORE turning in the ticket...

Two: STICK with your wife!

I didn't have the nerve to ask what he was doing the other two times.

Ricco

Real old people should not drive. If you forget your husband your probably to old to drive. What is law or age limit to keeping your drivers liscence? My grandmother is 91 and still driving. It's ridiculious, she is going to get in a wreck before she stops driving but she never forgets Grandpa.

Dream

I think once you reach a certain age (80? 90?) they should test you again.

My gramps has hit parked cars, poles, and various other things. So far he's never hurt himself or anyone else, but that day is coming I'm sure. He's a spry old man, just HORRIBLE eyesite and nearly deaf.

He refuses to not drive. Everytime his insurance goes up because of his "accidents" it just makes him angrier and refuses even harder to be driven or give up.

I think once you reach a certain age (80? 90?) they should test you again. 

My gramps has hit parked cars, poles, and various other things.  So far he's never hurt himself or anyone else, but that day is coming I'm sure.  He's a spry old man, just HORRIBLE eyesite and nearly deaf.

He refuses to not drive.  Everytime his insurance goes up because of his "accidents" it just makes him angrier and refuses even harder to be driven or give up.

Why exactly? If you had to take a big test, to drive, and then they make you do it over again, even though you passed it once? This will never pass. This reminds me of a particular South Park episode...

Country town Buffet.

I know an old lady that drove from San Antonio to Dallas on I-35 COMPLETELY ON THE SHOULDER. The cops stopped her outside Dallas. Evidently there were 10+ squadcars.

She said it was pavement, and it wasn't taken up, so she drove on it. Sounds completely logical to me. But only a little old lady can get away with it.

• The title was changed to Houston Methodist Scurlock Tower At 6560 Fannin St.