Texas A&M University: $435-Million Facility To Town

Officials gear up to bring $435 million facility to town

http://www.theeagle.com/stories/032007/local_20070320008.php

By APRIL AVISON

Eagle Staff Writer

A proposed national agro-biodefense facility at Texas A&M University matters to College Station, which is planning traffic solutions. It matters to Bryan, which is partnering to build a nearby Health Science Center campus, and it matters to the Chamber of Commerce, which is heading to Washington D.C. to lobby legislators about regional issues in May.

That's what officials from several governmental entities said Monday as they heard from Garry Adams, associate dean for research at Texas A&M's College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, during a monthly intergovernmental committee meeting.

Edited by Subdude
Copyright material
  • Like 1

It is always a much better idea to simply summarize the article first or copy and paste the first paragraph and than link the article. It is not good practice to copy and paste the entire article, even if you did cite the source.

Wayne may get contacted for copyright issues from the newpaper because of your actions.

It is always a much better idea to simply summarize the article first or copy and paste the first paragraph and than link the article. It is not good practice to copy and paste the entire article, even if you did cite the source.

Wayne may get contacted for copyright issues from the newpaper because of your actions.

I have used The Eagle for many things in the past especially for my websites with their permission. They let everyone use their articles as long as they give credit to the writer, paper and provide a link. He met that criteria, and I don't believe anyone from The Eagle will fret about it.

The "cluster effect" is key, Adams explained, for research purposes.

"We have a massive intellectual research capacity on campus in veterinary medicine, medicine, agriculture, engineering and science within a five-minute walk," he said.

The more of this that is brought to B-CS the better. Now they need to work on bringing better restaurants and entertainment facilities for all these well-paid intellectuals who are living there now. Hooters doesn't count :D

Edited by nativehou

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not that I've seen...

I actually attended a luncheon hosted by the Research Valley Partnership held at Pebble Creek Country Club a month or so ago regarding this proposed development. Several members of the "task force" attempting to bring this to B-CS were there. I believe at that point B-CS was on a list of 16 remaining communities still under consideration. There was to be an envoy from the government visiting the proposed site within a week of that luncheon to make an actual physical tour of the site. I haven't heard anything since then so I'm thinking we may've been cut...but who knows. Our community had several things that made us a desirable location but so do a lot of the other towns. If I hear anything I'll post it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Texas A&M University: $435-Million Facility To Town