First Colony Developments

UrbaNerd

Barnes & Noble and Coldwater Creek to join First Colony Mall - 5/15/2006

(Sugar Land) - Barnes & Noble and Coldwater Creek have completed negotiations with General Growth Properties and will open locations at the lifestyle expansion of First Colony Mall, which is located in Sugar Land, this October. The Barnes & Noble store, which will serve as one of the anchors for the expansion, will feature a Starbucks Coffee. The completion of the 125,000-square-foot expansion to First Colony Mall is scheduled for this October.

[Texas Real Estate Business]

I don't think this has been posted before.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the lowdown with FCM.

I am now basically confused with the situation, but what I also know is at last check...

A rumor has stated a job opening for a new Apple store in First Colony.

- The rumor was discovered on something called craigslist.

- It outline the plan for a new store.

Express is planning to close in favor of a new combo store.

- The current Express is split into two storefronts, the men's store being the old Structure.

Now for the biggest debacle and controversy of the FCM expansion...

- White walls around the A&F space...wonder what that will be?

- One rumor has Pottery Barn in the space.

- Another rumor has the store undergoing renovation, especially given the fact the store never received a facelift.

- Another rumor says the store had problems with profits because of its sister retailer Hollister, and that A&F was looking to reposition to a slightly older crowd.

- Another rumor has the space being opened up (what the hell does that mean?) (DORTEGA005 fill me in)

- Another rumor has A&F going over to Town Square (lot of construction goin' on) but website has no mention.

- Could A&F be going to the Market at Town Center? (which is losing Barnes & Noble to FCM).

- http://www.generalgrowth.com/content/live/...PDF/612-LP1.pdf. This page shows a PDF file of the mall's lease plan.

- When I went to the A&F website a long time ago, there was no store in The Woodlands Mall. There is now, at the VERY END of the store location page for Texas. Apparently, if a store is at the very end of that listing, it must be the newest.

Other news about FCM

- The last two spots before Dillard's on either side were vacant...typical FCM b/c the stores that were there (one side has nearly 10,000 sq. ft.) sucked.

- PacSun moved to near the food court across from Hollister (in the former Waldenbooks section).

Somebody who knows anything about the mall in general ought to reply back ASAP.

Eh? The mall and Town Square in general is crazy right now, lol. Tons of construction, stores closing/moving, etc.

Hopefully, when all is done, it will all be worth the temporary chaos.

Here's the lowdown with FCM.

I am now basically confused with the situation, but what I also know is at last check...

A rumor has stated a job opening for a new Apple store in First Colony.

- The rumor was discovered on something called craigslist.

- It outline the plan for a new store.

Express is planning to close in favor of a new combo store.

- The current Express is split into two storefronts, the men's store being the old Structure.

Now for the biggest debacle and controversy of the FCM expansion...

- White walls around the A&F space...wonder what that will be?

- One rumor has Pottery Barn in the space.

- Another rumor has the store undergoing renovation, especially given the fact the store never received a facelift.

- Another rumor says the store had problems with profits because of its sister retailer Hollister, and that A&F was looking to reposition to a slightly older crowd.

- Another rumor has the space being opened up (what the hell does that mean?) (DORTEGA005 fill me in)

- Another rumor has A&F going over to Town Square (lot of construction goin' on) but website has no mention.

- Could A&F be going to the Market at Town Center? (which is losing Barnes & Noble to FCM).

- http://www.generalgrowth.com/content/live/...PDF/612-LP1.pdf. This page shows a PDF file of the mall's lease plan.

- When I went to the A&F website a long time ago, there was no store in The Woodlands Mall. There is now, at the VERY END of the store location page for Texas. Apparently, if a store is at the very end of that listing, it must be the newest.

Other news about FCM

- The last two spots before Dillard's on either side were vacant...typical FCM b/c the stores that were there (one side has nearly 10,000 sq. ft.) sucked.

- PacSun moved to near the food court across from Hollister (in the former Waldenbooks section).

Somebody who knows anything about the mall in general ought to reply back ASAP.

No one really knows what what will happen to A&F, I have heard the same rumors. I just know that A&F has had new people working for them, people that use to work for GUCCI, so i am not sure if Sugarland has what it takes for A&F to come back. Also, I believe Pottery Barn will be where Express use to be and the the Express will near Ann Taylor.

I believe one of them is Famous Wok. It's Above, first box.

Actually, Famous Wok is going to be located in the food court, not the expansion portion. Also, Barnes & Noble and Coldwater Creek are being mentioned for the expansion portion of the mall, no word on where Sheikh Shoes and Forever 21 is going to be. The expansion is 125,000 sq. ft., but I am assuming Coldwater Creek is around 10,000, B&N is around 35,000 including Starbucks, so Sheikh and Forever 21 must be in the expansion portion. There is a possibility Forever 21 is in the A&F spot, and Pottery Barn (like DORTEGA005 mentioned) is probably going to be in Express. And The Picture People is probably going to be somewhere around the food court or in the Dillard's wing.

Also, Kay Jewelers and Toni & Guy are coming to FCM. Kay is probably taking over the old Bailey Banks & Biddle, Toni & Guy is probably taking either one of the Trade Secret spots in the lease plan (it's one or the other), and the rest is up in the air.

I might as well go check out the mess myself. Sometimes, this stuff like boxed-up stores (yeah, we all know the infamous A&F story, it gets kinda emotional at times) and confusion over who will be in the mall (the infamous Pottery Barn debate) has to happen. Hopefully, it will all get better when September ends.

Hey Guys im new to the place.

What is new and old at First Colony Mall?

[u]The mall has closed several stores including:-Abercrombie & Fitch Co.

-Hello Kitty Store

-Bailey Banks & Biddle

-Mervys

-EXPRESS (will be closing soon)

Abercrombie & Fitch did not re-lease their spot. No one know if they are coming back. (They should!!!)

What will take it place?

- POTTERY BARN

Yes, another furnishing store, thats great, but thats all we have.!!

EXPRESS wil close, but they are going to relocate outside. The new expansion section.

Express will be a new and join with EXPRESS MEN, i.e. The Galleria

*******************Jo-ANNS will move to the Town Square

Fish City will open at Town Square

Woozies will open at Town Square

WHATS THE TALK ABOUT THE STORES????

I have heard the following:

-Mervyns will be a Nordstrom

-Lacoste will come to First Colony

-Urban Outfiitters will come to FCM

-(maybe) new Abercrombie & Fitch

The New Mall Expansion should make a grand opening FALL 2006

Thanks

-David

David, I may seem pessimistic about the FCM debate, but I have some intriguing insight to capitalize on:

The old A&F will go one of three ways: 1. out of FCM totally, 2. relocated to another part of FCM, or 3. a renovation (if this is the case, it needed one anyway if you look at all the newer A&Fs, and I remember the Woodlands A&F (according to post) was closed during the same time period the Woodlands Mall (owned by General Growth just like FCM) was being renovated and expanded (with new Barnes & Noble to boot). But still, we all don't know what's going on with A&F (and the fact that Gucci execs are at A&F now has absolutely nothing to do with it).

The Hello Kitty store that closed is called Sanrio...it will become either Trade Secret or somethin' else. There are two Trade Secrets on the lease plan, which not only shows the old Sanrio becoming a TRADE SECRET, but it also shows the old Bailey Banks & Biddle as VACANT, and FAMOUS WOK being located in the food court, yet it surprisingly still had EXPRESS (and STRUCTURE as well) and ABERCROMBIE & FITCH listed...Of course, EXPRESS is going to be outdoors with B&N, Coldwater Creek and all the other new offerings.

Mervyn's will NOT be a Nordstrom unless they add some more space (a Nordstrom is practically two Mervyn's in one sizewise; they take up about the same size as Dillard's)

Lacoste at FCM? Sounds like a bold move to challenge the Galleria, but it is a rumor...and I don't really think the time has come yet for Lacoste to have an FCM store.

Urban Outfitters at FCM? Either in old A&F or in the expansion.

That's all for now, folks. Write back ASAP if you have any questions or concerns.

- KYLE S.

David, I may seem pessimistic about the FCM debate, but I have some intriguing insight to capitalize on:

The old A&F will go one of three ways: 1. out of FCM totally, 2. relocated to another part of FCM, or 3. a renovation (if this is the case, it needed one anyway if you look at all the newer A&Fs, and I remember the Woodlands A&F (according to post) was closed during the same time period the Woodlands Mall (owned by General Growth just like FCM) was being renovated and expanded (with new Barnes & Noble to boot). But still, we all don't know what's going on with A&F (and the fact that Gucci execs are at A&F now has absolutely nothing to do with it).

The Hello Kitty store that closed is called Sanrio...it will become either Trade Secret or somethin' else. There are two Trade Secrets on the lease plan, which not only shows the old Sanrio becoming a TRADE SECRET, but it also shows the old Bailey Banks & Biddle as VACANT, and FAMOUS WOK being located in the food court, yet it surprisingly still had EXPRESS (and STRUCTURE as well) and ABERCROMBIE & FITCH listed...Of course, EXPRESS is going to be outdoors with B&N, Coldwater Creek and all the other new offerings.

Mervyn's will NOT be a Nordstrom unless they add some more space (a Nordstrom is practically two Mervyn's in one sizewise; they take up about the same size as Dillard's)

Lacoste at FCM? Sounds like a bold move to challenge the Galleria, but it is a rumor...and I don't really think the time has come yet for Lacoste to have an FCM store.

Urban Outfitters at FCM? Either in old A&F or in the expansion.

That's all for now, folks. Write back ASAP if you have any questions or concerns.

- KYLE S.

I'm with you Kyle S., Nordstrom, Lacoste, and Urban Outfitters in my opinion won't be located in First Colony any time soon. This is how I see it, when exclusive stores open in Houston, in most cases they first open in The Galleria, then if a second location is to open, Memorial City or The Woodlands Mall will get it. First Colony Mall is at the same level as Baybrook Mall just like Willowbrook is with Deerbrook Mall. Don't belive me? Well Apple is opening its third Houston location in Memorial City Mall (The Galleria/The Woodlands). Lascoste for example has 4 stores in Texas (Houston,Dallas,San Antonio,Plano). I though you people hated Abercrombie & Fitch ? I personally love it

Not to sure. I heard that the old space of A&F was going to be a Pottery Barn. However, I am not positive.

Does anybody know what is up with Foleys parking? at FCM

Actually, Pottery Barn is going in the expansion project with Barnes & Noble and Coldwater Creek. I found this in the Houston Chronicle from some feature called Shopgirl while searching the internet.

I'm with you Kyle S., Nordstrom, Lacoste, and Urban Outfitters in my opinion won't be located in First Colony any time soon. This is how I see it, when exclusive stores open in Houston, in most cases they first open in The Galleria, then if a second location is to open, Memorial City or The Woodlands Mall will get it. First Colony Mall is at the same level as Baybrook Mall just like Willowbrook is with Deerbrook Mall. Don't belive me? Well Apple is opening its third Houston location in Memorial City Mall (The Galleria/The Woodlands). Lascoste for example has 4 stores in Texas (Houston,Dallas,San Antonio,Plano). I though you people hated Abercrombie & Fitch ? I personally love it

Actually, I consider First Colony to be on the same page with Memorial City and The Woodlands, the latter of which received a similar makeover. :D I personally love Abercrombie & Fitch, and I am actually angered by their situation at FCM :angry: not to mention the countless lack of knowledge on their situation. (If even the store's managers do not know about its fate, then we do not know). Think those Clements people are angered by this? I went to Dulles and even I am disgusted.

The good thing is: remember The Woodlands Mall expansion as an example. I'm pretty sure our friendly neighbors to the north had to deal with the same mess when theirs was going on, and I truly understand how we all are left dealing with chaos.

- KYLE S.

Actually, I consider First Colony to be on the same page with Memorial City and The Woodlands, the latter of which received a similar makeover. :D I personally love Abercrombie & Fitch, and I am actually angered by their situation at FCM :angry: not to mention the countless lack of knowledge on their situation. (If even the store's managers do not know about its fate, then we do not know). Think those Clements people are angered by this? I went to Dulles and even I am disgusted.

The good thing is: remember The Woodlands Mall expansion as an example. I'm pretty sure our friendly neighbors to the north had to deal with the same mess when theirs was going on, and I truly understand how we all are left dealing with chaos.

- KYLE S.

Actually if you go to FCM, Pottety Barn is listed on the mall and words that the store sells. So I think it's going to be in FCM, since they are marketing it at the mall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of 2005:

In the old Express and A&F Spaces:

Williams Sonoma

Pottery Barn

In new Expansion:

Kay

J. Crew

Anthropologie

White House Black Market

Lucky Brand

2 story Barnes and Noble

Starbucks

Black Walnut Cafe

Sephora

Aldo

Ann Taylor

Talbot's

Coldwater Creek

New Restaurant:

Brio

Things may have changed and there may be additions to this list.

Strange that Express and A&F were not in the works

^^ He's an insider, I think.

Any word on an Urban Outfitters, or anything like that?

I was strolling through the mall today and I picked up one of their flyers that gives updates to what is going on with all of the new development. It stated that Dillard's is going to expand into the old Mervyns space and they will have two locations in the mall. I think that is dumb if you ask me. Oh well at least it wont be an empty space.

actually, it can be a good thing. some dillards (at least in dallas) have large furniture/home furnishing stores. in this case, one location in the mall might have clothing and the other location may be for home centered items and/or furniture.

Apple Store to be open in First Colony Mall from several different sourced and insiders.

First Colony Mall is #46

There will be a regular series of grand openings through the summer, all leading to the usual crush of openings around Thanksgiving, all intended to be ready for the 2006 holiday shopping season. Oppenheimer has said Apple will continue to open new stores in a "measured pace," and that 35 to 40 new stores each year seems to be the most comfortable speed -- although not to the many Apple fans who are anxious to have a store in their city.

Fiscal 2006 retail openings and beyond

1 - Staten Island Mall - Staten Island, New York - opened 10/15

2 - The Oaks - Thousand Oaks, California - opened 10/29

3 - Burlington Mall - Burlington, Massachusetts - opened 11/05

4 - Brea Mall - Brea, California - opened 11/12

5 - Gateway Mall - Salt Lake City, Utah - opened 11/19

6 - Beverly Center - Los Angeles, California - opened 11/19

7 - Fashion Square - Sherman Oaks, California - opened 11/19

8 - Trafford Centre - Manchester, England - opened 11/19

9 - Fukuoka Tenjin - Fukuoka, Japan - opened 12/03

10 - Sendai Ichibancho - Sendai, Japan - opened 12/10

11 - Meadowhall Centre - Sheffield, England - opened 12/10

12 - Brent Cross - London, England - opened 1/28

13 - Garden State Plaza - Paramus, New Jersey - opened 2/04

14 - Irvine Spectrum Center - Irvine, California - opened 2/11

15 - Derby Street - Hingham, Massachusetts - opened 2/18

16 - Northpark Center - Dallas, Texas - opened 3/04

17 - Summit Sierra - Reno, Nevada - opened 3/15

18 - Southlake Center - Southlake, Texas - opened 4/08

19 - Eaton Centre - Toronto, Canada - opened 5/06

20 - Flatiron Crossing - Broomfield, Colorado - opened 5/06

21- Suburban Square - Ardmore, Pennsylvania - opening 5/13

22 - Simi Valley Town Center - Simi Valley, California - opening 5/13

23 - Lincoln Road - Miami Beach, Florida

24 - Crabtree Valley - Raleigh, North Carolina

25 - Midtown - New York City, New York

26 - Freehold Raceway - Freehold, New Jersey

27 - The Pier - Atlantic City, New Jersey

28 - Romaest Mall - Rome, Italy

29 - Perimeter Mall - Atlanta, Georgia

30 - Ridgedale Mall - Minneapolis, Minnesota

31 - The Mall in Columbia - Columbia, Maryland

32 - Providence Place Mall - Providence, Rhode Island

33 - Memorial City Mall - Houston, Texas

34 - Fair Oaks Mall - Fairfax, Virginia

35 - Smith Haven Mall - Lake Grove, New York

36 - Stamford Town Center - Stamford, Connecticut

37 - MacArthur Center - Norfolk, Virginia

38 - West Town Mall - Knoxville, Tennessee

39 - Le Carrefour Laval - Montreal, Canada

40 - West Quay Mall - Southampton, England

41 - Maruzen Building - Sapporo, Japan

42 - Arndale Centre - Manchester, England

43 - Sherway Gardens - Toronto, Canada

44 - Village Point Mall - Omaha, Nebraska

45 - 29th Street Mall - Boulder, Colorado

46 - First Colony Mall - Sugar Land, Texas

47 - Topanga Mall - Canoga Park, California

48 - Waterside Shops - Naples, Florida

49 - Chinook Centre - Calgary, Canada

50 - ABQ Uptown Center - Albuquerque, New Mexico

51 - Coconut Point Mall - Bonita Springs, Florida

52 - Otay Ranch Town Center - San Diego, California

53 - Cherry Hill Mall - Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Source: http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0605retail.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to view houses in First Colony on HAR, but haven't had any luck. Can someone please list some of the individual neighborhood names within the First Colony area?

Thanks!!!

Danny :)

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to view houses in First Colony on HAR, but haven't had any luck. Can someone please list some of the individual neighborhood names within the First Colony area?

Thanks!!!

Danny :)

Danny,

Here are the neighborhoods in First Colony:

Alcorn Bend

Austin Meadow

Austin Park

Briarwood

Chimneystone

Colony Bend

Colony Cove

Colony Creek