First Colony Developments

UrbaNerd

I looks like it is going to be a parking garage. BORING!! I did see on the town center web site that Chipotle is going to be opening up a resturant!!

They are building 2 or 3 parking garages (can't remember the number). But the reason is so that they can turn a huge chunk of the existing parking lot into more retail and the 4 restaurants.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An article in the Chronicle This Week section said that the garage will be finished before Christmas and will attach to Dillards on both the first and second floors.

Also, the second two restaurants and a big open air upscale retail section of the mall will begin construction in January. This will connect the mall and the new restaurants and then is supposed to connect to Sugar Land Town Square. The articel compared this development to what they built at the Woodlands Mall.

It all sounds pretty cool!

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the mall this weekend and they've already begun tearing up the parking lot between the mall and the Kona Grill. I had read that they wouldn't begin this phase until after Christmas.

Also, I had dinner at the Kona Grill, it was real nice. We spent some time in the outdoor area that is adjacent to the water feature that runs the length of the development and it was better than expected. Kona Grill even has a bar that opens to the outside kind of like Hawaii.

I was at the mall this weekend and they've already begun tearing up the parking lot between the mall and the Kona Grill. I had read that they wouldn't begin this phase until after Christmas.

Also, I had dinner at the Kona Grill, it was real nice. We spent some time in the outdoor area that is adjacent to the water feature that runs the length of the development and it was better than expected. Kona Grill even has a bar that opens to the outside kind of like Hawaii.

What's Kona Grill like? What kind of food I mean and how is it? Hadn't had a chance to get over there yet. It looks pretty nice from the outside. I went by right before they opened.

Well it's not really a "grill" at all. It's more of an upscale restaurant with an asian flair. They have sushi and california rolls as well as pizza, meatloaf, and steak. Here is a link to their site, Kona Grill. It was nice inside with a huge fish tank as you walk in, hardwoods, relaxed lighting... Also, like I mentioned earlier, the bar that faces outside is really cool, they open that side of the restaurant up.

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's not really a "grill" at all. It's more of an upscale restaurant with an asian flair. They have sushi and california rolls as well as pizza, meatloaf, and steak. Here is a link to their site, Kona Grill. It was nice inside with a huge fish tank as you walk in, hardwoods, relaxed lighting... Also, like I mentioned earlier, the bar that faces outside is really cool, they open that side of the restaurant up.

I just read about that giant fish tank in some magazine article (in one of those junk fort bend/sugar land "magazines" full of ads that come in the mail). I'll have to go check that place out sometime. It sounds pretty good. Not a fan of sushi, but I usually like those places with american food with an asian touch.

**UPDATE**

In the new retail building in front of DSW on Town Center Blvd. (across Town Center from Town Square and across the mall loop from Cheesecake) there is a new Mexican restaurant open and they are adding a Wolfgang Puck Express. I've heard that Wolfgang Puck is like Cafe Express but not quite as good. We'll see when it opens.

Also, there is a new Carter's store in one of the retail buildings in front of Barnes & Noble. They have great baby clothes there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys im new to the place.

What is new and old at First Colony Mall?

[u]The mall has closed several stores including:-Abercrombie & Fitch Co.

-Hello Kitty Store

-Bailey Banks & Biddle

-Mervys

-EXPRESS (will be closing soon)

Abercrombie & Fitch did not re-lease their spot. No one know if they are coming back. (They should!!!)

What will take it place?

- POTTERY BARN

Yes, another furnishing store, thats great, but thats all we have.!!

EXPRESS wil close, but they are going to relocate outside. The new expansion section.

Express will be a new and join with EXPRESS MEN, i.e. The Galleria

*******************Jo-ANNS will move to the Town Square

Fish City will open at Town Square

Woozies will open at Town Square

WHATS THE TALK ABOUT THE STORES????

I have heard the following:

-Mervyns will be a Nordstrom

-Lacoste will come to First Colony

-Urban Outfiitters will come to FCM

-(maybe) new Abercrombie & Fitch

The New Mall Expansion should make a grand opening FALL 2006

Thanks

-David

Hey there ...

I've been reading this forum for years now, and I finally decided to post something.

I used to live in Sugar Land, but recently moved to Dallas for work.

Am I the only one who thinks that Nordstrom would make a killing if they took over the Mervyn's spot (and probably rebuilt) at First Colony Mall? I just noticed that the idea was posted here today. Where did that information come from?

welcome to the forum marbie98.

abercrombie & fitch closed in the woodlands while our mall expansion was ongoing. they reopened completely remodeled. it sounds like similar things are happening at first colony. i would be surprised if they are gone for good.

Hey,

I used to work at Abercrombie & Fitch till Feb. 2006 when we closed.

Bottom line is that no one knows if A&F will open. The store managers

do not even know. All of my managers relocated to Willowbrook, Hollister FCM, and San Diego, CA.

The Abercrombie & Fitch that was there was a chain store. In other words it was the last store with that setting. We also did not make that much money/profit b/c Hollister. Hollister is completly different, but its

our sister brand. Although, during Christmas we would make around $22,000 a day. (so it does have potential).

The problem with FCM is that it is just starting to rise. Town Square gave a new look to Sugarland.(which is good) , but compared to other malls FCM is slow and does not attract that many visitors due to its stores.

Also, the FCM expansion is similar to the Woodlands b/c its the same company. (mall co.)

The talk of Nordstrom going to Sugarland is by one person telling someone else and then someone else.

But I totally agree that Nordstrom could be a killer at FCM. I would personally stop shopping at the Galleria if FCM has the stores I like. (out of topic, The Galleria will get a COOP BARNEYS NEWYORK, which is really good for Houston.) However, it will be nice to find the same taste of the Galleria somewhere else also close.

We need a different setting. FCM could do it with the open air stores( Santa Monica, CA style).

(Last IDEA: Apple should also consider opening a store in FCM. )

-david

• 4 weeks later...

New Stores Coming Soon!

The following stores will be joining the premier selection of current retailers at First Colony Mall:

Barnes & Noble Booksellers:

A world leader in the sale of books, music, movies, and more. Coming to the mall in the outdoor expansion area.

Forever 21:

Trendy clothes, shoes, and accessories for young teenage and adult women at affordable prices.

Shiekh Shoes:

One of the leading retailers of women's, men's, kid's shoes, apparel and accessories.

The Picture People:

Family and children's portrait studio specializing in portraits available in one hour.

Famous Wok:

The finest in Asian cooking offering a wide selection of Chinese cuisine.

Also, some of our current retailers will be receiving "face-lifts" in the coming months. Look for new and improved versions of your favorite stores:

KM Nails & Facials

Things Remembered

Pacific Sunwear

Trade Secret

Eyemasters

Wetzel's Pretzels

Journey's

Great American Cookie Co.

Gordon's Jewelers

New Stores Coming Soon!

The following stores will be joining the premier selection of current retailers at First Colony Mall:

Barnes & Noble Booksellers:

A world leader in the sale of books, music, movies, and more. Coming to the mall in the outdoor expansion area.

Forever 21:

Trendy clothes, shoes, and accessories for young teenage and adult women at affordable prices.

Shiekh Shoes:

One of the leading retailers of women's, men's, kid's shoes, apparel and accessories.

The Picture People:

Family and children's portrait studio specializing in portraits available in one hour.

Famous Wok:

The finest in Asian cooking offering a wide selection of Chinese cuisine.

Also, some of our current retailers will be receiving "face-lifts" in the coming months. Look for new and improved versions of your favorite stores:

KM Nails & Facials

Things Remembered

Pacific Sunwear

Trade Secret

Eyemasters

Wetzel's Pretzels

Journey's

Great American Cookie Co.

Gordon's Jewelers

Might as well make a tollbooth style Sbux over 59, just after Williams Trace....

• 3 weeks later...

When I drove by the mall last week, I noticed that they were opening up the area in the expansion portion, where the old A&F used to be. What is going there, anyway(if you know, that is)?

Not to sure. I heard that the old space of A&F was going to be a Pottery Barn. However, I am not positive.

When I drove by the mall last week, I noticed that they were opening up the area in the expansion portion, where the old A&F used to be. What is going there, anyway(if you know, that is)?

Does anybody know what is up with Foleys parking? at FCM

Archived