So This Is How Walgreens And CVS Can Afford To Be On Every Corner

jm1fd

I thought everyone adopted the $4-$5 generic pricing after Wal-mart and Target kicked it off. HEB has it too. I was unaware the CVS and Walgreens had not jumped on the band wagon. I will stick to the grocery store for the time being.

I'm surprised that Walgreen's and CVS stay in business. Apparently there are enough people paying that $117 not knowing about Sam's Club and Costco to where Walgreen's and CVS can continue building all of those new stores of theirs that I see all around.

Costo can Sams close at 8pm-ish and 6pm on Sundays. Most CVS and Walgreens are open 24 hours, that's how they stay in business.

Are there really that many people getting midnight prescription refills? I could get motivated to do a whole hell of a lot of planning ahead (go at lunchtime, leave work early, etc), and I'd drive clear across town to save $100 on a prescription.

Costo can Sams close at 8pm-ish and 6pm on Sundays. Most CVS and Walgreens are open 24 hours, that's how they stay in business.

i think many older customers "trust" walgreens. that's one of the few stores my grandma ever wants to go.

Are there really that many people getting midnight prescription refills? I could get motivated to do a whole hell of a lot of planning ahead (go at lunchtime, leave work early, etc), and I'd drive clear across town to save $100 on a prescription.

Try it outside a large city. A) There arent costco's and Sam's Clubs in every town, and even then there are only a handful of them in Houston.

If you take away the Walgreen's and the CVS's of the world, the Costco's wouldnt be able to keep up with the demand.

When Wal Mart first went to $4 prescriptions, my mother went to one. Turns out there was a 2 hour wait in line. Granted, if you are poor, you dont have a choice. If you have insurance and your co-pay is 20 bucks, you pay the extra and go around the corner to the Walgreens.

Just because Walgreens is more expensive doesnt make them evil. They build stores at every corner for a reason. To make it easy for you to go there. If it was just as easy to go to Costco, you would.

Try it outside a large city. A) There arent costco's and Sam's Clubs in every town, and even then there are only a handful of them in Houston.

If you take away the Walgreen's and the CVS's of the world, the Costco's wouldnt be able to keep up with the demand.

When Wal Mart first went to $4 prescriptions, my mother went to one. Turns out there was a 2 hour wait in line. Granted, if you are poor, you dont have a choice. If you have insurance and your co-pay is 20 bucks, you pay the extra and go around the corner to the Walgreens.

Just because Walgreens is more expensive doesnt make them evil. They build stores at every corner for a reason. To make it easy for you to go there. If it was just as easy to go to Costco, you would.

I've heard of Costco, but I've never seen one. There aren't any over in this area. There's a Sam's Club in Beaumont

• The title was changed to So This Is How Walgreens And CVS Can Afford To Be On Every Corner

Archived