Home At 3632 Inverness Dr.

BenH

Good to hear/see! The Tall Timbers section, in my opinion, is one of the coolest places to have a modern house just because of the stately Georgian and French variety that typifies the River Oaks home. It's a nice contrast, and from what can be seen looks like it will be a neat project.

Edited by Jersey01

• 10 months later...
Good to hear/see! The Tall Timbers section, in my opinion, is one of the coolest places to have a modern house just because of the stately Georgian and French variety that typifies the River Oaks home. It's a nice contrast, and from what can be seen looks like it will be a neat project.

I find it a little bit humorous that a stucco mcmansion going up amongst ranchers, bungalows etc. is offending to many, while a mostly monolithic (appearing in this case) monstrosity is a "nice contrast" to the dominant surrounding architecture.

:ph34r:

flipper

ps. I'm just playing devil's advocate, as I prefer the monolith.

I find it a little bit humorous that a stucco mcmansion going up amongst ranchers, bungalows etc. is offending to many, while a mostly monolithic (appearing in this case) monstrosity is a "nice contrast" to the dominant surrounding architecture.

:ph34r:

flipper

ps. I'm just playing devil's advocate, as I prefer the monolith.

You bring up an interesting point, but in this case I just don't see the comparison. I think that there is quite a difference in scale between McMansions in a rancher neighborhood versus a modern mansion in River Oaks surrounded by other mansions. If you compare the size of said house with the other homes on Inverness, they are all large homes. McMansions usually double the size of the homes that they replace as well as the neighboring homes.

These ranch and bungalow neighborhoods that you mention have mostly the same style of homes, while neighborhoods like River Oaks have so many styles. Tudor, Georgian, Plantation, Spanish, French, etc... why not minimalist modern, too?

Another thing that should be noted: this house has small bamboo plants all along the street side... literally hundreds, which will eventually be tall and will shield the home. McMansions are usually 20 feet from the street, and are not shielded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to New River Oaks Mod: 3632 Inverness
  • The title was changed to Home At 3632 Inverness Dr.