Need Architect for Mediterranean style home recommendations

kyle

How about the Mediterranean? Seriously, don't be another crappily designed house buyer. Get something at least American. We're not in the Mediterranean, we're not in the Spanish Colonial times, stop buying and building houses from those eras.

Robert Dame is a Draftsman. He is not a register Architect.

Please check with Texas Society of Architects to find out who is a Register Architect in Texas.

i never said he was an architect.....he has designed several mediterranean homes for my firm as well as others in the river oaks area, memorial villages as well as several other fine neighborhoods at a fraction of the price of most architects.. the proof is in his designs..i recommend checking his references and design books..........GO SEE SOME OF HIS HOUSES.. i have worked with several architects and have had (in most cases) much better communication and results with robert dame...

i never said he was an architect.....he has designed several mediterranean homes for my firm as well as others in the river oaks area, memorial villages as well as several other fine neighborhoods at a fraction of the price of most architects.. the proof is in his designs..i recommend checking his references and design books..........GO SEE SOME OF HIS HOUSES.. i have worked with several architects and have had (in most cases) much better communication and results with robert dame...

They ask for an Architect please read the first post. You gave them a drafstman if you knew he was not a Architect why did you give his name out? The days of unregister people doing Architectural design is coming to end very soon in Texas.

They ask for an Architect please read the first post. You gave them a drafstman if you knew he was not a Architect why did you give his name out? The days of unregister people doing Architectural design is coming to end very soon in Texas.

get a life! read my statements above...for several reasons stated above i highly recommend robert OVER any architects i have worked with in houston....

i really don't care if the poster follows my advice...although if i were him/her i would research all my options prior to making one of the biggest investments one can make...

do you have some kinda of axe to grinde with designers? have you lost work to them? many people building homes find that they are better and more creative than many architects?

perhaps you should check out the numerious awards robert has won throught the homebuilding industry nationwide...

sounds like sour grapes to me...

Post some of his work here and we'll critique it for you.

http://www.buildingonline.com/news/viewnews.pl?id=2756

http://www.designbasics.com/Home/planbooks-cd.asp

1996 all american home: http://www.buildersshow.com/Events/NewAmer...x?selected=News

horseshoe bay house: http://www.statesman.com/business/content/...1spotlight.html

there are too many to list here..i recommend contacting his firm if you want more info.........

And vice versa, do you work for Dame?

Not all architects are created equally, but I'll take a taleted architect over a talented "designer" anyday. You're probably confusing talent with the disdain most architect have for crappy design styles that builders are pushing. Anyone can slap a red tile roof and put some ill concieved arches on a house and call it Mediterranean.

get a life! read my statements above...for several reasons stated above i highly recommend robert OVER any architects i have worked with in houston....

i really don't care if the poster follows my advice...although if i were him/her i would research all my options prior to making one of the biggest investments one can make...

do you have some kinda of axe to grinde with designers? have you lost work to them? many people building homes find that they are better and more creative than many architects?

perhaps you should check out the numerious awards robert has won throught the homebuilding industry nationwide...

sounds like sour grapes to me...

ok Pachanga lets see

Architect 4 year Architectural degree and Exam to be License.

Certified Building Designer 10 years experience under a Architect or Certified Building Designer and 12 part Exam to be Certified

Designer no requirements just a computer and software.

I check and found out Dame is only a designer so you are telling me people should put their big investment behind a designer?

so you are telling me people should put their big investment behind a designer?

no, i am telling you that people should do their due diligence which i recommend includes an interview with robert dame as part of it.he is not any designer... many people far smarter than me have used him with great success....a list of references longer than my arm would be provided to any potential clients of his...ask them if they made the right decision...

did i mention that he has BUILT many high end homes....not a lot of architects can make that claim.

are you an architect? i beleive so...published any books ??? robert dame has!

And vice versa, do you work for Dame?

if you read the above post you would have learned that i am a builder that has used robert on several projects...if he wasn't any good at his craft he wouldn't be one of the most successful designers in the state......

I check and found out Dame is only a designer so you are telling me people should put their big investment behind a designer?

Bruno, people should put their money behind talent. I've met many architects that aren't worth a pile of beans. Ditto on CPAs and lawyers. ...and don't even get me started on the healthcare professions, especially nursing. Many mandatory certification only puts up barriers to entry into certain professions, tightens the labor supply of society's most fudamental and necessary jobs, keeping wages artificially high.

Certifications are good, especially for people trying to get their foot in the door on a profession and build a track record. That is, after all, about the only value of a bachelor's degree for most people. Once the foot is in the door, though, work experience and successes trump everything.

...for instance, I'm negotiating with a capenter right now that is experienced enough to build a home from scratch. He's got a concurrent project going on in rural Fort Bend County for which he drew up the designs of a large contemporary home and used a structural engineer to verify their worth. He's just a tradesman, but the guy knows how to make a customer happy.

Actually its a 5 year degree for a bachelor in Architecture.

Dame has published books? Wow, what kind of books, oh house plan books. Well that's something. If you're happy with his work, I guess that's OK. But it seems like you're a builder of Mediterranean houses? So I see that you took it personally that real Architects don't like designing "styled" houses. Case in point, you won't see any builder houses featured in real architecture magazines. Good luck with your endeveour.

Archived