NCAA Men's Final Four

ProHouston

For those interested...

I made a HAIF Tourney bracket so we can have a little friendly competition.

IT's through ESPN and you can click on the link above.

The Group name is Haif Tourney

and the password to join is haif

I say we limit it to 2 bracket entries per person and be sure to name your entry by your Haif name so that once the tourney starts we'll know who to make fun of and who to pat on the back.

Enjoy !!

Sorry to hijack your thread, prohouston, but I figured we're all going to be throwing out opinions on who we think we'll win, then we might as well keep score.

For those interested...

I made a HAIF Tourney bracket so we can have a little friendly competition.

IT's through ESPN and you can click on the link above.

The Group name is Haif Tourney

and the password to join is haif

I say we limit it to 2 bracket entries per person and be sure to name your entry by your Haif name so that once the tourney starts we'll know who to make fun of and who to pat on the back.

Enjoy !!

Sorry to hijack your thread, prohouston, but I figured we're all going to be throwing out opinions on who we think we'll win, then we might as well keep score.

Cool, I'll sign up.

I signed up, but the link to ESPN doesn't seem to take me to where I want to go, can I get the steps for the retards like me to follow.

They could make a little bit more strait forward, I agree.

Here is a link to the main ESPN tourney page.

You need to go to the top and set up a free ESPN login.

After you login, it will allow you to create a bracket, you can link it to a group after you start a bracket.

Once you have a ESPN login, my previous link should go strait to the HAIF group.. but if not, just click on the "Join or start group" button on the left near top-middle... enter Haif in the search box and it will pull up our group.

Well, we have 4 entries and 4 different projected champions

Highway6 - Florida over UCLA and Georgetown over A&M - Georgetown as Champion

Brijonmang - Kansas over Florida and Georgetown over Memphis - Kansas as Champion

ProHouston - Kansas over Florida and OSU over Georgetown - OSU as Champion

OriginalTimmyChan - Florida over Kansas and UNC over Memphis - Florida as Champion

Now watch Long Beach State go all the way......

Mine is completely bias towards the Big 12 and Texas teams. But what can I say, I have faith :)

Elite 8

Florida vs Oregon

Kansas vs UCLA

Texas vs Georgetown

Ohio St. vs A&M

Final 4

Oregon

Kansas

Texas

Texas A&M

Kansas vs. Texas

Texas national champs!

A long shot, I know. But who knows??!! As the old McDonald commercials used to say, "Hey, it could happen"

Gotta give props to the Aggies. Beating Louisville in Rupp Arena (only about an hour and a half from Louisville's campus) was a high quality win.

However, seeing Okie State lose at HOME to Marist in the NIT, Kansas State only beat Vermont by 2 at home thanks to some serious home-cookin' refs, Texas get absolutely hammered by USC after struggling with NM State, and Tech get bounced by a BC team that lost its best player a month ago didn't do much to change my overall perception of the Big 12.

ATM and KU are very good teams. There's a big drop after that. Texas didn't beat ANYONE outside of the Big 12 this year. They lost to one of the worst Gonzaga teams in a decade. They lost to the 7th seeded team from the Big Ten. They lost to USC who has never been a Pac Ten power. Those were on neutral courts. They lost on the road to Villanova (9th best team in the Big East) and Tennessee (finished third in the SEC East). Their best wins were a close 4 point home win over Arkansas (finished tied for 8th in the SEC) and an OT 1 point win over LSU (finished 11th in the SEC).

Gotta give props to the Aggies. Beating Louisville in Rupp Arena (only about an hour and a half from Louisville's campus) was a high quality win.

However, seeing Okie State lose at HOME to Marist in the NIT, Kansas State only beat Vermont by 2 at home thanks to some serious home-cookin' refs, Texas get absolutely hammered by USC after struggling with NM State, and Tech get bounced by a BC team that lost its best player a month ago didn't do much to change my overall perception of the Big 12.

ATM and KU are very good teams. There's a big drop after that. Texas didn't beat ANYONE outside of the Big 12 this year. They lost to one of the worst Gonzaga teams in a decade. They lost to the 7th seeded team from the Big Ten. They lost to USC who has never been a Pac Ten power. Those were on neutral courts. They lost on the road to Villanova (9th best team in the Big East) and Tennessee (finished third in the SEC East). Their best wins were a close 4 point home win over Arkansas (finished tied for 8th in the SEC) and an OT 1 point win over LSU (finished 11th in the SEC).

Yep, the Ags played great. It was stressful to watch, but a great game. Wouldn't it be great to see the Ags against KU for the championship? Oh well, I just need to act like BCG and focus on Memphis.

I did think the top 3 in the Big 12 were hands down the toughest top 3 in the league. I just can't believe Texas laid an egg on Sunday. That was pretty surprising, I guess they play up for their league games but just don't have the same heart for the rest.

HAIF Tourney standings...

TimmyChan is leading in points with Brijonmang, ProHouston, and Highway6 tied for 2nd close behind.

Timmy and Brijon have 13 teams still standing in the Sweet 16 while ProHouston and Highway have 12... however...

Timmy, Brijon, and ProHouston each have lost one of their Elite8 teams while Highway6 still has all of his standing.

Archived