At-Large Position #3 special election

dbigtex56

Because Shelley Sekula-Gibbs resigned her council seat to run for the House of Representatives (Dist. 22), the remainder of her unexpired term will be filled by a special election to be held May 12th.

Here's a list of the declared candidates with links to their respective websites:

Andy Neill

Human Capital Consultant and Community Activist Andy Neill has

announced his intentions to seek the Houston City Council’s At-Large

position # 3 in the upcoming 2007 election season. Neill is a political

outsider who is looking to shake-up what he says is a “stagnate cabal of

City leadership”.

Noel Freeman

I am honored to ask for your support in the race to fill Houston’s vacant City Council Seat, At Large, Position 3.

I am a military veteran, former federal employee and the only candidate with hands on experience serving you at the City of Houston’s Public Works Department—Houston’s largest provider of the services you depend on each day, including water, sewers, engineering, construction, traffic & transportation services, and storm drainage.

Melissa Noriega

Houston is one of the finest cities in America. It will take competent, effective leadership to make this the city all we want and I believe I am the person that can work with you to make that happen on City Council.

Whether in public education, our community or the State Legislature, I've always worked to find common ground to achieve positive change. With your help, we can bring that type of leadership to the Houston City Council.

Let's start the conversation now about the great things you see ahead for our city. I would be honored to have your support and your vote.

Roy Morales

My Fellow Houstonians,

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me, my values, and how I intend to work for you as your next City Council Member. My name is Lieutenant Colonel Roy Morales and I am your candidate for Houston City Council At-Large Position 3. As a retired United States Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, I have led many incredible and successful projects around the world while serving our nation. While working for the City of Houston, I saw a desperate need for strong leadership in our city. I will provide our community with the needed integrity, vision and leadership to meet the current and future challenges. I am running to build a better and safer Houston.

David Goldberg

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

Throughout my life, I have worked hard to serve my community. Whether it is working at the George R. Brown Convention Center during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina or enlisting in the Texas State Guard, I have lived to better myself so that I may help my community in any way I can.

That is why I am seeking the office of Houston City Councilman At-large position 3. I feel I can make a real difference in my community.

Over the next few months, I intend to show you, my neighbors, that through innovative ideas, we can build a better Houston together.

noriega has her campaign posters EVERYWHERE. i just hate the tackiness of this.

I just like his free calendars he mails out each year and Mr Noriega just seems to old to be on tour of duty. He is aging rapidly. Poor guy.

campaign support is tacky? Do you feel the same way about 'W' stickers?

if they are posted/stapled/nailed on other signs, fences, telephone poles, yes. i think it just looks bad. if someone wants a bumper sticker on their car or a sign in their yard or business, no problem.

noriega has her campaign posters EVERYWHERE. i just hate the tackiness of this.
Just like Michael Berry did. Even into 100 year old live oaks. I went round and round with his campaing office. The man could care less.
campaign support is tacky? Do you feel the same way about 'W' stickers?

Get a grip, Red. Start a new thread if you must hijack this one.

Just like Michael Berry did. Even into 100 year old live oaks. I went round and round with his campaing office. The man could care less.

add councilmember peter brown to the list too. i still see his signs. i brought it up to him once....and he feigned ignorance.

• 1 month later...

Archived