Galveston - Beach And Strand

Boris those are some great shots. I was just in galveston last week and didn't get nearly the flavor of galveston like you did in my photos.

I was on the plane home and a guy behind me was saying how disapointed he was in galveston. He must have missed all that you shot and been on the wrong part of the island or something. Good stuff.

I thought I was the only person who thought galveston was cool, but I've only seen the good stuff (in these photos) not the sketchy parts (luckily I guess). I like it more west on the island where it's less developed and a bit more natural. Anyways cool photos, I am glad that people can get an idea of the nice parts of Galveston!

I thought I was the only person who thought galveston was cool, but I've only seen the good stuff (in these photos) not the sketchy parts (luckily I guess). I like it more west on the island where it's less developed and a bit more natural. Anyways cool photos, I am glad that people can get an idea of the nice parts of Galveston!

It's funny hearing "sketchy" in relation to the poor areas of town. In all honesty, there is nothing dangerous about those parts of town. I grew up there. There are drugs, and homes in poor condition, but rarely any violent crime. In Galveston's case, perception far exceeds reality. The fact of the matter is that the island is so small, you can't get away with much. Now, the stuff that I see happening on Channel 13 news in Houston...... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, TAK! You're really a small guy. :lol:

I will always LOVE Galveston for 2 big reasons:

1. The historical significance of the place. When I visit (quite often) I make it a point to attend mass at St Patrick's and or St Mary's Basilica 2 of the most historical places on that island. I then head to my "salvage" places over on mechanic district to scrounge for more cool old stuff. I have found some wild things that someone considered junk or tossed out. Many items survived the 1900 storm. Just too cool!

2. Benno's Seafood place on Seawall Blvd. Cajun style seafood at reasonable prices and you dont have to dress up to go in. Fills me up and so convenient. Now I'm hungry! :P

Boris.... small world.

I noticed this thread for the first time last week, but hadn't uploaded my pics yet.

I was on the Strand the same afternoon and 1/4 of my photos have some of the same subjects in them as yours.

451627610_56c184b0fb.jpg

451633596_f808b16bd7.jpg

451642689_94421ad528.jpg

451644023_e39cd6f9f0.jpg

451644753_0b6f89b71a.jpg

• The title was changed to Galveston - Beach And Strand

Archived