Midtown Redevelopment Authority - Midtown Improvements

Meeting of the Fourth Ward Redevelopment Authority

Tuesday May 24

6pm

Allen Parkway Village Community Village

1600 Allen Parkway Village

I thought some of you may be interested in this meeting. I don't have an agenda for this meeting but I am sure the plans for this area will be discussed.

I will be there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Better keep your eyes open!

University Development got 1.3 million out of TRIZ and the water and sewer funds and they are calling themselves University Development, led by Jorge Casimiro...a memeber of the Harris County Housoing authority ....

Casimiro is not a listed director of this company with the texas comprollers office...better watch out for the poor and the elderly... this same group as Tremont and Stature got fired building the police station and bought you the disasters at hyde park and the fiasco of Tremont Tower.

Why doesn't the city find out who is involved or at least who really owns the companies they trust the housing for the elderly and poor? A million three is a lot of money to hand over to some one who continues to prove they are incompentent to build , sell defective properties and are involved in so many lawsuits.... Their greed crosses all economic lines. They have even been thrown out of the Better Business Bureau. What does it take to prove that a builder is bad builder?

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know of any upcoming projects in 4th ward? Any thoughts on this area? I live around here and I'm just impressed with the amount of land that's still empty. West Dallas has a lot of empty land on the right side of it from Heiner to Taft. There's also lots of 5000 sq feet blocks available within Fourth Ward. Everyone seems to be building by the galleria and Kirby area, and it just seems like no one is paying attention to this area. The only developments that I know of is the Camden City Centre (and that's closer to Midtown) and a few Perry Homes being built off West Dallas... Why???

Does anyone know of any upcoming projects in 4th ward? Any thoughts on this area? I live around here and I'm just impressed with the amount of land that's still empty. West Dallas has a lot of empty land on the right side of it from Heiner to Taft. There's also lots of 5000 sq feet blocks available within Fourth Ward. Everyone seems to be building by the galleria and Kirby area, and it just seems like no one is paying attention to this area. The only developments that I know of is the Camden City Centre (and that's closer to Midtown) and a few Perry Homes being built off West Dallas... Why???

I live in the area and have noticed this as well. My opinion is that not a lot of development will occur until the "back" of the 4th Ward is cleaned up. The city should be made to enforce its regs and get rid of the empty crack/ dilapidated houses. Furthermore, the criminals need to be driven out: period! These people are really just the scourge of the earth and can find some place else to live (under a rock maybe).

I realized that I was "coming to the nuisance" when I moved into the area; and arguably the situation has gotten somewhat better in the past year. But it's to the point that some of us are looking into the idea of hiring a patrol agency to police the area and keep the riff-raff contained and away from our property. These people really need to be driven out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I live in the area and have noticed this as well. My opinion is that not a lot of development will occur until the "back" of the 4th Ward is cleaned up. The city should be made to enforce its regs and get rid of the empty crack/ dilapidated houses. Furthermore, the criminals need to be driven out: period! These people are really just the scourge of the earth and can find some place else to live (under a rock maybe).

I realized that I was "coming to the nuisance" when I moved into the area; and arguably the situation has gotten somewhat better in the past year. But it's to the point that some of us are looking into the idea of hiring a patrol agency to police the area and keep the riff-raff contained and away from our property. These people really need to be driven out!

I am considering buying one of the new constructions on Cushing, but am not very familiar with the 4th Ward. Drove through it for the first time this weekend, and it seemed pretty scary for a single girl. Do the "riff-raff" tend to bother others, or do they keep to themselves? How serious is the effort to hire a patrol agency?

I am considering buying one of the new constructions on Cushing, but am not very familiar with the 4th Ward. Drove through it for the first time this weekend, and it seemed pretty scary for a single girl. Do the "riff-raff" tend to bother others, or do they keep to themselves? How serious is the effort to hire a patrol agency?

I've lived in the 4th Ward for about a year and half and have had no problems. (However, I live at the "front" of the development nearer downtown.) I don't fear for my safety when walking my dog, etc.

I've lived in the 4th Ward for about a year and half and have had no problems. (However, I live at the "front" of the development nearer downtown.) I don't fear for my safety when walking my dog, etc.

Thanks feufoma - is Cushing/Saulnier considered the "back"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I got a response from the Midtown Management District. Here is the scoop:

Pate Engineers, Inc.

Project Status Reports

Midtown Redevelopment Authority

2/15/07

Design of Parker District Street Reconstruction Project

(Albany, Helena and Baldwin from Tuam to McGowen)

This project involves reconstruction of 9 blocks of primarily residential areas with a few commercial tracts. The Parker District Project includes 2600

• The title was changed to Midtown
  • The title was changed to Midtown Redevelopment Authority - Midtown Improvements

Archived