Puppets, Clowns, and Dolls oh my!

Pumapayam

What scared you as a child?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Sadistic "kid themed" horror movies that traumatized you!

• Clowns - Think "Poltergeist" possessed clown pulling the kid under the bed, Stephen Kings "IT"
    • Dummies - The movie below, "Goosebumps" Slappy dummy
    • Dolls - "Chucky", 'Dolly Dearest", "Puppet Master"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I was watching that little girl in bed, I was like "B*tch, U crazy"...

The head spinning part near the end was wrong. (OMG, like the ventriliquist dummies)

Something about those glass eyes seem to follow you around the room.

I have no idea how people can own them, let alone, sleep in the same room with one at night!

Is "Dead Silence" the movie from the guy who did "Saw"?

Yes, the dummy picture in the poster is named "billy" similar to the jigsaw dummy, even the bow tie and jacket was inspired from the jigsaw dummy.

When I was young and saw "IT" for the first time it scared me a little bit but not very much I have never been afraid of clowns.

Although when I was little I had a doll that looked just like Chucky in my room and I always hated that thing. So I guess for me Dolls and Dummies scared me the most.

Guest Marty

The twin girls on "The Shining" is what scared me the most when i was a kid age 6-7, 1981-82. I remember my dad saying i'm not gonna let you watch anymore scary movies if you are gonna go run and cry in your room. :lol::lol::unsure:

The only movie that ever scared me was when I was about 9 years old. A movie called "The Prophecy" NOT the CHris Walken film in 1995, this was a horror flick made in 1979.

04m.jpg

There was what looked like an inside out bear basically, that ripped heads off and just scary and gory, because they are out in the middle of the woods at night, and................

Guest Marty
04m.jpg

I forgot about that one. :unsure: but you cannot forget about The Hitcher and American Werewolf in London. > :)

edit; From what i can remember The Hitcher was filmed in West Texas.

I forgot about that one. :unsure: but you cannot forget about The Hitcher and American Werewolf in London. > :)

edit; From what i can remember The Hitcher was filmed in West Texas.

The ORIGINAL Hitcher was not scary at all for me. Of course I was about 17 or so and it was a great thrillride if anything. It is in my top ten of favorite movies. Rutger hauer back int he day was the ultimate badguy, he also stars in another of my top ten, BladeRunner.

The twin girls on "The Shining" is what scared me the most when i was a kid age 6-7, 1981-82.

I read somewhere that was the inspirationg for the twins on the Simpsons.

The ORIGINAL Hitcher was not scary at all for me. Of course I was about 17 or so and it was a great thrillride if anything.

I never knew the Hitcher was a remake, is anything original.

I wonder if this Puppet movie is a remake, I read they also thought about calling it "Shhh!" :lol:

When I was young and saw "IT" for the first time it scared me a little bit but not very much I have never been afraid of clowns.

The shower scene in the locker room was wrong when he pulled apart the drain and made it wider and stuck his head through!

Almost as bad as the toilet creature movie, or that record player movie that has goblins come out of speakers!

Almost as bad as the toilet creature movie, or that record player movie that has goblins come out of speakers!

Speaking of toilet creatures, the Candy Man kind of freaked me out when I was younger when all of those roaches and other bugs started crawling out of the toilet. I was afraid to sit on the toilet for some time after that.

Speaking of toilet creatures, the Candy Man kind of freaked me out when I was younger when all of those roaches and other bugs started crawling out of the toilet. I was afraid to sit on the toilet for some time after that.

Does your body ever involuntarily shake when you see them sometimes, I think they call it the heeby jeebies!

And look at these things!

2d1ohlw.jpg

If you go to the www.deadsilencemovie.net, you can send emails with these puppets talking, creepy!

I particularly think the clown is just demented looking! :o Almost reminds me of "IT" in toy form.

Supposedly, there is a phobia called, Pupaphobia, but I can't find anything on it and what puppets cause fear. Not even on Wikipedia.

I get Pumaphobia sometimes. That is the fear that Pumapayam is gonna start ANOTHER thread. :mellow::lol:

i remember the movie trailers for "the legend of boggy creek". i was five or so and big foot was terrorizing east texas residents. i'd been to my uncle's in north east texas and to a deer lease with my parents by that time. i just knew that that was where big foot lived. i had nightmares for years. big foot out my window, big foot at the end of my bed, big foot in the hallway between mine and my parent's rooms.

the clown from poltergeist made me afraid to look under my bed.

Those darned ventriloquist dolls always scared me. Every one of my boy cousins owned one while I was growing up. They always had them at my grandma's house. I loved playing with them, but I never wanted one for myself. I didn't like the idea of opening my closet and it be sitting there. I later had a Pee-Wee Herman and Billy Baloney but they weren't near as creepy as the Charlie McCarthy, Howdy Doody and Lester dummies.

Every single horror/mystery anthology TV series of the '50s/'60s/'70s has to have at least one episode about a dummy and a doll:

098_1.jpg

"The Dummy" with Cliff Robertson - The Twilight Zone

thedoll1.jpg

"The Doll" - Night Gallery

HitchcockSoDied.jpg

"And So Died Riabouchinska" - Alfred Hitchcock Presents

LD.jpg

"Living Doll" - The Twlight Zone

That's not the half of them.

Jerry (the ventriloquist) and Willy (the dummy) switched places. But, like I said, that doll doesn't look like Cliff Robertson, so that part used to confuse me as well.

You should have mentioned wax museum movies in your poll.

Here's another episode of the TZ called "The New Exhibit", one of my personal favorites. It's an hour-long one about a wax museum employee who keeps wax figures of famous murderers in his basement:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xreyc_twi...the-new-exhibit

Guest Marty

The Thunderbirds TV series reruns in the early 1980's freak me out, especially the pictures on the wall's with the moving eyes. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived