Good dirt to fill out spots

I have a home in the Near East End 45S/Wayside area and need or would like to have a truck or 2 bring in some inexpensive dirt? Nothing fancy but dirt that wont "disappear" like sand. Something that will raise up the appearance of the yard while allowing grass to grow.

Any phone numbers, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Good neighbors help each other right! :)

I use "Living Earth Technologies". There cheap and will deliver anywhere. Sorry, don't have a phone number, but i know information has it.

By the way, make sure that you have a mixture with at least 20% sand.

My suggestion is go by any job site where you site excavation taking place. Offer to haul off a few loads for them and in general, they'll let you have it for free since they won't have to come out of pocket for the haul off.

city gives it out free too when they clean out ditches etc. if you put it in your yard...don't put it randomly because it may create more drainage problems. il.e. water will go towards your house rather than away

I have a home in the Near East End 45S/Wayside area and need or would like to have a truck or 2 bring in some inexpensive dirt? Nothing fancy but dirt that wont "disappear" like sand. Something that will raise up the appearance of the yard while allowing grass to grow.

Any phone numbers, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Good neighbors help each other right! :)

There is a fenced lot filled with dirt on 45, near Wayside maybe. On the lot is a large sign that says free dirt and a phone number. It seems to be a pretty permanent place for free dirt as the sign never comes down and dirt is always coming in.

There is a fenced lot filled with dirt on 45, near Wayside maybe. On the lot is a large sign that says free dirt and a phone number. It seems to be a pretty permanent place for free dirt as the sign never comes down and dirt is always coming in.

Thanks for all the great responses. This place you mentioned never answers the ph number on the sign and other times it says mail box full. A real tease, especially since its just down the feeder from me. That is the strange thing is the dirt piles up so often but I never see anyone remove any. Makes you think little green Martians zap it up and take it away in the twilight hours. Maybe Mars need land fill too.

Thanks again...

Thanks for all the great responses. This place you mentioned never answers the ph number on the sign and other times it says mail box full. A real tease, especially since its just down the feeder from me. That is the strange thing is the dirt piles up so often but I never see anyone remove any. Makes you think little green Martians zap it up and take it away in the twilight hours. Maybe Mars need land fill too.

Thanks again...

That is strange. I've wanted to call but haven't gotten around to it yet. I do see the levels of dirt change since I drive passed it everyday to and from work.

Guest danax
That is strange. I've wanted to call but haven't gotten around to it yet. I do see the levels of dirt change since I drive passed it everyday to and from work.

I believe this is cemetary dirt. The piles get large when business is good. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

I called again last Saturday, got the guys vmail and again never returns the call. I feel like going over and kicking over that bogus sign! False advertising!

Sounds like a job for Mr Zindler! :angry:

city gives it out free too when they clean out ditches etc. if you put it in your yard...don't put it randomly because it may create more drainage problems. il.e. water will go towards your house rather than away

Wonder where and how I can reach the city to get dirt as a freebee? Any idea where on the website or dept I would call?

I called again last Saturday, got the guys vmail and again never returns the call. I feel like going over and kicking over that bogus sign! False advertising!

you're demanding for something you're going to get for free!!

Wonder where and how I can reach the city to get dirt as a freebee? Any idea where on the website or dept I would call?

you have to be agressive and find the work being done. then you talk to the foreman. i'd try public works to start with. they should be able to tell if you if projects are going on.

Archived