Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'timbergrove'.
Found 1 result
Good morning! I currently own a townhouse in Near Northside. My partner and I have decided we want to buy another home together and lease my townhouse out as a rental property. We have been diligently house shopping since January, and have found a few houses we love here and there - but there is always one major thing that we can't compromise on, lack of garage space, single bathroom, etc... We want to buy in the Heights(ish) or Timbergrove sub $450k pricepoint. Big factors for us is garage space, kitchen and storage, as well as entertaining space. We are ok with a house that is 1500 sqft as long as it is useable space. So, with that back story, we are not in any hurry - we want to find "the right house" it doesn't have to be "right now" - we all know we are in a sellers market, is it a bad idea to be looking for a house now? Should we wait and see if the market settles down a bit and things become more affordable? We have two fears: 1) That the market stays hot for another couple of years and we become priced out of the neighborhoods we want to live in. 2) The market only stays hot in the short term, and we end up buying a house that is overvalued, and value isn't sustained based on the current "sellers" market pricing. So the big ($450,000 question is) do we buy now, or later? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject. Thanks in advance!