Threads won't load

KimberlySayWhat

When I click on a thread, read the first post and then scroll down to read the replies, it's empty. It's just a long white page.

Is this in every thread, or just in certain ones, or does it happen randomly?

Also, if I click on "new posts" and then click out of it and then go back, it says that there aren't any new posts.

This is correct. You asked the system to show you the new posts, and it did. You then came back and asked it the same thing, and there were no new posts since you last asked.

If you want it to be more like the old system when "new" was a little more broadly defined, click on your user drop-down menu, then select "My Settings" and adjust your "View New Content Method" setting.

I hate to throw in a "me too" as well.

It'll show nothing new, but if I wait a few seconds and try again, it'll come up with a list.

Additionally, after I do a "Get new posts" and only read a few and leave for whatever reason, I'll click again and it will do a no new posts, or not bring up the things I didn't read!

It almost made me cry one time.

(sniff) :(

I hate to throw in a "me too" as well.

It'll show nothing new, but if I wait a few seconds and try again, it'll come up with a list.

Additionally, after I do a "Get new posts" and only read a few and leave for whatever reason, I'll click again and it will do a no new posts, or not bring up the things I didn't read!

It almost made me cry one time.

(sniff) :(

Did you change your "View New Content Method?"

Did you change your "View New Content Method?"

I didn't think there WAS another method, unless you mean my switching from my phone to PC. Initially I thought that was the problem and it wasn't a big deal. But when it happened on my Laptop occasionally, it was an annoyance, but nothing to make me want to slit my throat over.

Do it the same way every time. I'm dull that way.

I didn't think there WAS another method, unless you mean my switching from my phone to PC. Initially I thought that was the problem and it wasn't a big deal. But when it happened on my Laptop occasionally, it was an annoyance, but nothing to make me want to slit my throat over.

Do it the same way every time. I'm dull that way.

In the first message of this thread, Kimberly described a View New Posts issue similar to the one you stated that you're having.

In the second message of this thread, I told her how to change her View New Content settings.

Then you came along and described an issue very similar to the one she stated. So I asked if you followed the solution I outlined for Kimberly. Or are you having a different problem?

In the first message of this thread, Kimberly described a View New Posts issue similar to the one you stated that you're having.

In the second message of this thread, I told her how to change her View New Content settings.

Then you came along and described an issue very similar to the one she stated. So I asked if you followed the solution I outlined for Kimberly. Or are you having a different problem?

I did it again, and apparently I forgot to save.

Oops.

Hopefully this will work.

Great. Now, each post has expanded to gargantuan size, requiring one to scroll through a huge blank space to get to the next post. This is getting to be more trouble than it is worth. I may have to follow crinchtastic over Swamplot (but not to LOL ats).

Great. Now, each post has expanded to gargantuan size, requiring one to scroll through a huge blank space to get to the next post. This is getting to be more trouble than it is worth. I may have to follow crinchtastic over Swamplot (but not to LOL ats).

Red,

You probably can't do this at work, but it was really simple to download and configure firefox, and I'm back to cooking (mostly) with gas. Google mozilla firefox for the download. That said, it still quite chaps me that I had to load yet more stuff on my machine in order to view a single website.

You've got to give me more to work with than that so I can track down the problem. Screenshot? Browser? Version? Operating system?

If you don't help me, I can't help you.

the Discovery Tower has been srewy with me ever since the change. when i click on it, it only shows the first few posts of the last page and then it stops loading. that's the only one for me

I've disabled something new that I enabled earlier today. Try it again and let me know if it's any better.

Also, what browser, browser version, and operating system are you using?

That said, it still quite chaps me that I had to load yet more stuff on my machine in order to view a single website.

Sorry about this. The new software, as you can tell, is a little on the fragile and buggy side. I'm doing what I can within my abilities to try to track down the problem. So far the only common denominator is Internet Explorer 6 or 7.

You've got to give me more to work with than that so I can track down the problem. Screenshot? Browser? Version? Operating system?

If you don't help me, I can't help you.

This afternoon I was on firefox. Now, I am on IE7. Windows OS. Both times it took an extraordinary amount of time to load. I don't know how to do screenshots, but each post has expanded to a ridiculously long length. Even the left side info (name, avatar, etc.) has spread out.

This afternoon I was on firefox. Now, I am on IE7. Windows OS. Both times it took an extraordinary amount of time to load. I don't know how to do screenshots, but each post has expanded to a ridiculously long length. Even the left side info (name, avatar, etc.) has spread out.

I made an adjustment about ten minutes ago. Is it still happening? Did it happen in Firefox, too, or just IE?

So far it has, Ed.

I don't see the problems that everyone else is talking about, to be honest.

XP Home, SP 3 on Firefox 3. :huh:

I'm working off of the same setup (because Vista sucks). This evening I had a couple instances where View New Posts was slow to load, but it got there...eventually. Otherwise, all quiet on the XP/Firefox front.

I made an adjustment about ten minutes ago. Is it still happening? Did it happen in Firefox, too, or just IE?

Ok, I'm back home, and it loads fairly quickly on firefox. On IE7 on another computer, it locked up every time I tried to open a thread all the way up until about 4 am, when I left. Hope that helps narrow it down.

Archived