Renaissance At Greenspoint: Office Tower

This recently popped up on Ziegler Cooper's website. A 500,000 class A office tower with 22 floors. Originally planned to be attached to the mall on the site of the old Montgomery Ward's but now with a stand alone address off of Greenspoint Rd. Anyone know anything more?

http://www.zieglercooper.com/images/proj866.jpg

http://www.zieglercooper.com/images/proj864.jpg

http://www.zieglercooper.com/images/proj862.jpg

http://www.zieglercooper.com/images/proj863.jpg

^^^ i was wondering where exactly it was going to be located. They are clearing land on the southwest side of the I45 where it crosses Sam Houston Tollway. Maybe there?

i have always wondered what kept that area from becoming another viable business center. i mean, the location is ideal for people who live in the Woodlands and such, as well

as for people who live west along the Tollway. i would think the city would work really hard to keep the riffraff population at a minimum.

m. B)

Actually, the Greenspoint/Northbelt office market is quite healthy. Grubb & Ellis report a 12.8% overall vacancy rate for the 3rd quarter of 2008 with Class A space having less than 6% availability.

That's healthier than the FM 1960 Area, The Northwest Freeway Area, Fort Bend County, Sugar Land, Far Southwest Houston, Greenway Plaza and others.

Access to multiple major roadways as well as to IAH makes the market very attractive. So does the fact that there's been little Class A space added to the market over the last decade.

Actually, the Greenspoint/Northbelt office market is quite healthy. Grubb & Ellis report a 12.8% overall vacancy rate for the 3rd quarter of 2008 with Class A space having less than 6% availability.

That's healthier than the FM 1960 Area, The Northwest Freeway Area, Fort Bend County, Sugar Land, Far Southwest Houston, Greenway Plaza and others.

Access to multiple major roadways as well as to IAH makes the market very attractive. So does the fact that there's been little Class A space added to the market over the last decade.

yep, and the city would really like to beautify that area since that is the first major business district visitors flying in from IAH typically see

i'll ask about it in a few weeks

I don't think Greenspoint will ever become a growing city center. This will just never happen and I can't imagine that office space is in demand in that area.

They just completed one office park on 45 and Beltway and are building another one on the other side of our building. The six years that I have been here have seen quite a turn around in the area from the "Gunspoint" days....it's not there yet - but it's alot better....It is extremely convenient to IAH, easy access to highways...and EXPO Motors just opened (doesnt that prove it's a great place!! LOL)

That tower would be a great addition to the area....I hope they build it...

i have always wondered what kept that area from becoming another viable business center. i mean, the location is ideal for people who live in the Woodlands and such, as well

as for people who live west along the Tollway. i would think the city would work really hard to keep the riffraff population at a minimum.

m. :lol:

Mostly the crime I think. Whilst the location may be ideal for those in generic far flung suburbs, there is plenty of low-cost housing nearby to attract those who are undesirable. Also, the city cannot do much about controlling riffraff and keeping it to a minimum. There aren't enough police as it is. I'm sure if there were some sort of ranking system in place, parts of this area would rank quite low IMO.

I would think greenspoints location would make it more attractive for development. Just think if you're in the Woodlands/Spring area. Driving to GP is half the distance; attractive. Proximity to IAH; attractive.

And even if you live inside the loop, you're going against traffic to get to work, making your trip that much shorter.

I recently visited Greenspoint Mall for the first time in about 12 years. They had one of those traveling carnivals in the parking lot next to the freeway and a friend of mine suggested we smoke a bit and do some people watching/zipper riding. I grew up in Oak Ridge North and hadn't been to Greenspoint since the opening of the Woodlands Mall. I was very interested to see what was inside the mall today and whether it lived up to its "Gunspoint" reputation. Long story short, I found the mall to be extremely charming. Most big department store anchors left the place years ago and there was not a Forever XXI anywhere to be found. Instead, the mall was full of nicely maintained local clothes boutiques catering naturally to black and hispanic Houstonians. There was a great music store in there that had a treasure trove of signed posters from every local rapper of note and a fine selection of chopped and screwed discs and rap DVDs, the kind you can't find at Best Buy. The clothing stores and kiosks all appeared to be locally owned and operated and I don't remember seeing any vacant storefronts. It was fun to see a mall that had its own identity and seemed to be doing fine without an Express and Hot Topic. We left the mall at closing time on a weeknight and rode carnival rides and ate funnel cake for hours and never felt unsafe.

I recently visited Greenspoint Mall for the first time in about 12 years. They had one of those traveling carnivals in the parking lot next to the freeway and a friend of mine suggested we smoke a bit and do some people watching/zipper riding. I grew up in Oak Ridge North and hadn't been to Greenspoint since the opening of the Woodlands Mall. I was very interested to see what was inside the mall today and whether it lived up to its "Gunspoint" reputation. Long story short, I found the mall to be extremely charming. Most big department store anchors left the place years ago and there was not a Forever XXI anywhere to be found. Instead, the mall was full of nicely maintained local clothes boutiques catering naturally to black and hispanic Houstonians. There was a great music store in there that had a treasure trove of signed posters from every local rapper of note and a fine selection of chopped and screwed discs and rap DVDs, the kind you can't find at Best Buy. The clothing stores and kiosks all appeared to be locally owned and operated and I don't remember seeing any vacant storefronts. It was fun to see a mall that had its own identity and seemed to be doing fine without an Express and Hot Topic. We left the mall at closing time on a weeknight and rode carnival rides and ate funnel cake for hours and never felt unsafe.

The mall does have vacant stores, if you enter from the north/chuck-e-cheese side. The macy's is angry too, I've never seen sensors like that before, you can't even try on the clothes because they are secured to the rack (the none cheap clothes). And they don't have half the selection other stores do. The ceiling is bare and unwelcoming. And if you're in a wheel chair, the tile flooring is a bumpy ride. It's a shame some of the fountains have been turned into fake floral displays. The stores aren't bad, but the mall is erie.

This Building looks great, would stand out a lot. After the funiture store left, and Greenspoint square tore down half their retail space, the area *looks* terrible. But it some how works.

If you go into the reteraunts at the base of the buildings it's like stepping in a different world. The Hotels in the area (omni, hilton, sheraton) are really nice. I hope it gets built, could spruce up the place.

• 1 year later...

Where is it to be located? I could not get placement based on the video animation. Is it at the intersection of 45 and the beltway or is it further back near the other highrises?

The beginning and the end of the video have the same exact view. They are looking directly west, towards 45 and the beltway is directly to the south on the left.

Where is it to be located? I could not get placement based on the video animation. Is it at the intersection of 45 and the beltway or is it further back near the other highrises?

ANSWER: It will be further back near the other highrises

The site is the Northeast corner of Greenspoint Mall on the site of what was JC Penney by the intersection of Greenspoint Dr and Greens Rd. JC Penney is currently being demolished to make way for the building and a movie theater in between the mall and the office building.

Edited by tigereye

• The title was changed to Renaissance At Greenspoint: Office Tower By Ziegler Cooper
  • The title was changed to Renaissance At Greenspoint: Office Tower