Are you looking for more than just another happy hour?
Our happy hour and volleyball event is a great introductory event to help you get active outdoors and to meet other people who are also looking for more than just happy hour. Plus having games to focus on, helps remove some of the awkward pauses that can happen the first time you meet someone.
And the best part… you’re meeting people with similar interests. Not just people interested in happy hour or volleyball. The group of people who attend this event are looking for new friends who want to explore Houston, try new things, and get outdoors!
No experience required for volleyball!
We’ll spend a little time warming up and going through the rules. Then we’ll play a few games… we can get as competitive as you all want, but mostly, we’re there to have fun.
We’re an inclusive group which means we still hit the ball to new players who may or may not be able to return it. It’s the only way people can get better!
Don’t you want to play volleyball? No problem!
Plenty of people come out just to socialize on the large patio, play a game of cornhole or ping pong! Plus, they have a full bar and food truck.
What to expect:
- Getting there: You can’t see Sideout from the street near the railroad tracks. Once you turn, you’ll see a large dark parking lot. Sideout is at the very end of the parking lot and fully lit when you get there.
- Parking: FREE PARKING and there is plenty of it! The parking lot is overflow parking for While Oak Music Hall (WOMH). If there is an event at WOMH, you might see a parking attendee collecting money for parking. Just tell them that you’re there for volleyball and you don’t have to pay to park.
- How to find the group: The venue is not usually packed. When you walk in, turn to the right and follow the patio towards the building. We usually set up a table with an HTXoutdoors sign outside of the door that leads inside the building. If you get to the ping pong table or the dog park, just turn around and you’ll probably see us on the right. If you don’t see the HTXoutdoors sign, ask the bartender. They usually know where we are. We usually play on Court 1 which is the court closest to the bar.
- About the group you’re meeting: Because this event is open to everyone, we get a lot of people who are coming out for the first time! That means not everyone knows each other yet so you don’t have to worry about crashing a group of people who have been friends for years. So if everyone is chatting up a storm when you get there, it’s just because they have quickly realized they have a lot in common. And even when some of the people know each other, they are still there to meet more people with similar interests.
- Dog & Kid Friendly: Dog-Friendly for friendly dogs. The dog must be on a leash… UNLESS… you let them loose in the dog park attached to the patio!
Kid-Friendly for friendly kids until 9 pm. After 9 pm, the venue turns to 21+.
Who is HTXoutdoors?
If you have been looking for a group to explore Houston, do outdoor activities and meet people with similar interests, you have finally found it! We are Houstonians (new, original and somewhere in between) in our 20’s & 30’s and we love the outdoors! With a zest for adventure, we have day trips, weekend trips & international trips. So if you have 2 weeks of vacation or “unlimited”…you can find new adventures to fit your schedule.
Come out and meet others interested in hiking, biking, camping, kayaking, rock climbing and more! It’s a good chance to meet each other. It’s an even better chance to plan some adventures.