God, gays, genetics, and airlines

houstonmacbro

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you cannot choose or control what naturally arouses you.

You can't "control" what naturally arouses you? Certainly you jest. If this is correct, (and it's not) we should just let the pedophiles and those into beastiality do as they please. After all, it's only natural.

you cannot choose or control what naturally arouses you.

You can't "control" what naturally arouses you? Certainly you jest. If this is correct, (and it's not) we should just let the fundies, control freaks and those into interfering with how others live do as they please. After all, it's only natural.

Why did I even post in here? I'll try to refrain from these topics for now on and live and love EVERYBODY regardless of sexual orientation, race, sex, or dispute with them if they have the "right" religion or if they have the right flag waving outside of their home. I don't want to speak for GOD, but I am sure he knows this world would be a better place if we do just that and practice something called human tolerance.

I usually don't get involved in conversations of this sort, because they don't change anyone's minds, and typically just raise everyone's blood pressure.

Getting away from the whole paedophile discussion on here...

I agree with you Orikal...these topics do get the blood pressure up, yet its great that you get involved. I think the more people might hear a different point of view...maybe they will understand each other a little more. After all, we all live on this earth together and I am sure, we all wish to make it a better place to live.

To the forum- I'm not a great debater...not the most educated person...certainly not the most eloquent of speakers (or writers in this case), but I do want to give my input.

I hear of people saying that they don't believe in judging, yet, when I read some of these posts, there is judgement all over.

One thing I have learned in my young 37 years is that the world is made up of all kinds of people and thats ok. And every one of these people are entitled to their own opinion. But why do many people believe that only certain people deserve human rights and others should have limited rights? Isn't that a form of judging? Didn't God or whomever you believe in create us as equals? I believe so..and I would think he or she would want that to be carried on.

I am a gay guy...has a good job, treats people well, has lived a good life so far, has a loving family, a great partner, has a bunch of pets that love me...except one of our birds, but she's a little ____...whatever...my point is..I am human as is each one on here...don't you think we all deserve to be treated the same. You can disagree with what I do behind closed doors all you want..that is your right...but is it the rightwings right to take away something that GOD had intended for me to have when I was created?

You have the unmitigated gall to tell me that your reading what you want to read turns you into a "second class citizen" while you call half the country members of the "Taliban" and over two billion people members of "cults."

I have the unmitigated gall to tell you as a gay man that I am indeed a second-class citizen until I am afforded the same rights as straight folks.

In any case,"your reading what you want to read" statement seems to have come from somewhere other than this thread.

BTW, there are probably more than 2 billion that believe in one cult or another-most of them just don't happen to be Christian.

In any case,"your reading what you want to read" statement seems to have come from somewhere other than this thread.

If you didn't accuse me of comparing your sexual orientation to pedophilia, then yes, you're right.

BTW, there are probably more than 2 billion that believe in one cult or another-most of them just don't happen to be Christian.

Aaaaaand? How many of those cults have a billion adherants? Again, your statement makes little sense.

I hate to break it to anyone in here who seems to feel "judged" or "offended", but you're in the forum titled "Religion". Therefore, people are going to talk about their beliefs according to their religion (or as the case may be, lack of). If you don't want to hear people discuss scripture that plainly contradicts the way you live your life, or are offended by such topics, then this may not be the forum for you.

Just a thought.

And yet you said it anyway. What a surprise.

"God": Which god are we talking about or can it just be any old god? How about the god parrot prays to out of one side of her mouth while advocating the death of millions of innocent N. Korean men, women and children out of the other side of her mouth. Man, and people ask me why I don't hook up with her gang of thugs.

"Genetics": note to self-never go to a cultist for advice on genetics.

"Gays": Well, I'm one and fully expect the parrots and CDebs of the world to continue to compare me with pedophilia and then turn around and deny that was their intention. It's just another price of being a second class citizen while they cling to their special rights.

"Airlines": I love Air France and Continental

Now I'm off to sit with a dying young man who has AIDS at Omega House [602 Branard; 713-523-7110].

Feel free to donate time, supplies and/or money if your "Christian"-or otherwise-heart desires.

P.S. Thanks to my macbro for opening up a new topic that at least allows one to offer up opinions and places to donate time and money before the "editor" shuts you down.

Beautiful post as always nmainguy. Except I spit on your Air France! >:) BA & Continental all the way!!!

Except I would be hypocritical to say how nice of a post this is, because I don't donate time or money or anything. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.... See ya there parrothead.

Aaaaaand? How many of those cults have a billion adherants? Again, your statement makes little sense.

Muslim: an est. 1.8 billion

Hindu: an est 1.25 billion

Christians: an est. 2 billion

Beautiful post as always nmainguy. Except I spit on your Air France! >:) BA & Continental all the way!!!

Except I would be hypocritical to say how nice of a post this is, because I don't donate time or money or anything. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.... See ya there parrothead.

Merci! :P

BTW, Omega always needs light bulbs, trash bags, office supplies, latex gloves, laundry soap, cookware, utensils, and ALWAYS toilet paper!

No, actually, you won't. :D But I'm sure you'll see a lot of my old friends there. Have fun!

It's not about comparing gays to child molesters. I think everyone on the sinister "religious right" knows that isn't the case. And your tired and cumbersome objection to that "strawman" is simply an indignant way to avoid what it IS about:

It's about asking why one argument (inability to control one's arousal) can be used justify one action (homosexuality) but not another (pedophilia). It's pointing out a LOGICAL weakness in such an argument and telling you to get a new one if you feel some need to justify yourself. (which I don't think you should)

CDEb, the difference is that we are talking about sex between consenting adults here, not the acts perpetrated upon innocent victims by the scum of the Earth. There is a huge difference, and pedophilia should have never entered the conversation unless it was about what you believe GOD will do to such disgusting pieces of feces.

The best airlines i have flown

Continental---very nice product and services

British Airways

Lufthansa--nice product an services

El Al---the worlds safest airline

KLM

Delta---always have a special place for good ole Delta

United

SAS

American

Alaska Airlines--very nice product

Some of the worst are

Aeroflot----have yet to have a good experience with these idiots :angry2:

US Airways---used to have a premium product, now its just garbage :angry2:

LOT---you got a long way to go

Alitalia---goes on strike every other month :angry2:

CDEb, the difference is that we are talking about sex between consenting adults here, not the acts perpetrated upon innocent victims by the scum of the Earth. There is a huge difference, and pedophilia should have never entered the conversation unless it was about what you believe GOD will do to such disgusting pieces of feces.

I disagree wholeheartedly. CDeb is right on, IMHO. There was never any comparison between the two. It is a flaw in the original statement, though unintended, I am sure.

I disagree wholeheartedly. CDeb is right on, IMHO. There was never any comparison between the two. It is a flaw in the original statement, though unintended, I am sure.

I am sure you did not intentionally try to group pedophiles with homosexuals, but you put it in the context that "people being unable to control who they find attractive" , and you threw the discussion in a whole new realm when the topic was intended to be for who consenting adults choose to be with. Not about what inhuman predators do with their "urges". You knocked everything off it's axis with your statement, though I agree it was unintentional.

Exactly!!! They are hugely different acts, and yet, one can use the same logic to justify them, therefore, the logic is flawed. No comparison made. Only flawed logic pointed out. I'm asking homosexuals to merely use different logic because the logic that started this whole brouhaha does them no good.

That's ALL I'm saying.

I honestly don't see what's so horrible about that. It's not lot I'm calling them a cult or anything.... :rolleyes:

I am sure you did not intentionally try to group pedophiles with homosexuals, but you put it in the context that "people being unable to control who they find attractive" , and you threw the discussion in a whole new realm when the topic was intended to be for who consenting adults choose to be with. Not about what inhuman predators do with their "urges". You knocked everything off it's axis with your statement, though I agree it was unintentional.

I didn't put anything into any context. WesternGulf did. He said exactly the following:

"I am also not sure if it is nature or nurture but you cannot choose or control what naturally arouses you."

Not "you cannot control the consenting adults to whom you are attracted". I only challenged him on how broad a brush he wanted to use to paint the subject. I wasn't grouping gays in with pedophiles, everyone else did that for me. Now that we all agree child molesters aren't in the same category as consensual gay sex, the answer to my original question would be something along these lines:

"No, Polly, we should not allow pedophiles to engage in sexual acts with children, because they can control what arouses them."

So, basically, people can control what arouses them, then?

Sorry about my attitude, this whole topic has gone way sour. I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading.

Sorry about my attitude, this whole topic has gone way sour. I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading.
I hate to break it to anyone in here who seems to feel "judged" or "offended", but you're in the forum titled "Religion". Therefore, people are going to talk about their beliefs according to their religion (or as the case may be, lack of). If you don't want to hear people discuss scripture that plainly contradicts the way you live your life, or are offended by such topics, then this may not be the forum for you.

Just a thought.

Muslim: an est. 1.8 billion

Hindu: an est 1.25 billion

Christians: an est. 2 billion

i still can't believe that you're saying members of these religions are part of a cult.. You claim you were for equal rights but yet castigate them because they choose to practice a religion just as you choose not to practice one.

Exactly!!! They are hugely different acts, and yet, one can use the same logic to justify them, therefore, the logic is flawed. No comparison made. Only flawed logic pointed out. I'm asking homosexuals to merely use different logic because the logic that started this whole brouhaha does them no good.

That's ALL I'm saying.

I honestly don't see what's so horrible about that. It's not lot I'm calling them a cult or anything.... :rolleyes:

And some others are just pointing out that some folks always bring up bestiality and pedophilia when discussing homosexuality, and then explain they are not comparing it. I am not saying they are cults or anything, I am just asking folks to merely use different examples to argue any flaws, because always putting these three together without meaning to compare them, and then having to explain it don't mean anything is just a lot of work, isn't it?

I honestly don't see what's so horrible about pointing that out.

And some others are just pointing out that some folks always bring up bestiality and pedophilia when discussing homosexuality, and then explain they are not comparing it. I am not saying they are cults or anything, I am just asking folks to merely use different examples to argue any flaws, because always putting these three together without meaning to compare them, and then having to explain it don't mean anything is just a lot of work, isn't it?

I honestly don't see what's so horrible about pointing that out.

how come it gay ones who keep bringing it up? i thought this point was moot.

I didn't put anything into any context. WesternGulf did. He said exactly the following:

"I am also not sure if it is nature or nurture but you cannot choose or control what naturally arouses you."

Not "you cannot control the consenting adults to whom you are attracted". I only challenged him on how broad a brush he wanted to use to paint the subject. I wasn't grouping gays in with pedophiles, everyone else did that for me. Now that we all agree child molesters aren't in the same category as consensual gay sex, the answer to my original question would be something along these lines:

"No, Polly, we should not allow pedophiles to engage in sexual acts with children, because they can control what arouses them."

So, basically, people can control what arouses them, then?

Well, could you have chosen a little bit lighter subject, since this wasn't a very serious conversation about love and life. Maybe you could have said, "Is it ok for a 87 yr. old woman or man to copulate with a 24 yr. old of the opposite sex, after all you can't help what turns you on ?" EEEWWWWW, I got the heebie jeebies just writing that sentence. I gotta go wash my hands now.

Archived