Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Remember this rendering? If included in the final design, we finally know what it's purpose is!

http://www.luisponsd...x-buildings.php

edit: David. M. Schwarz Architects have a good project sheet .pdf http://www.dmsas.com/resources/docs/81_1298177511_Regent%20Square.pdf

Regent Square - Launch

Houston, Texas

Design to be a free standing sculpture that will host a bar, the building suggest an airplane landing in the Regent square development. It opens it wings, increasing its high towards the main square, and reducing it towards the corner of the triangular lot shape. The interior mirrored ceiling works as a periscope that shows the experience of the interior towards the street. A optical billboard that becomes a living lantern of entertainment during the night and a reflecting street walk scene during the day.

122-07%20Regent%20Square%20-%20Launch_02_pro.jpg

1322252491.jpg

1322253120.jpg

Edited by lockmat

AS much I hope this project get going, this thread has been going for more than 5 years, so I will believe it when I see it.

Me too. But in this new housing economy, it almost seems like a slam dunk. Plus, someone with their company told me to expect an announcement about The Sovereign in May or June. It'd be nice if RS was part of it.

there appears to be fairly new townhouses on a portion of this site. are they going to be knocked down?

I assume you're talking about the townhouses on Greenwich Place & Terrace? No, they are not part of the development. In fact, you can barely make them out in the rendering you replied to, right at the top, one-third from the left.

Lockmat, the apartments in the top right were originally part of the plan, but just as a phase-two (currently occupied by Allen House apts. that didn't get knocked down). My guess is that if folks are getting notices at the other Allen House's and GID wants to add apartments to the original plan, they will/are just going to build phases one and two at the same time.

Someone from Hartman-Cox architects replied to my email last week and said, "we have not been involved with this project in some time" and referred me to the developer.

I don't know if that is a neutral or bad sign. They aren't the lead architect. What is the role of architects after they have provided the developer with the drawings? Do they still have any involvment if no alterations are needed?

Edited by lockmat

Someone from Hartman-Cox architects replied to my email last week and said, "we have not been involved with this project in some time" and referred me to the developer.

I don't know if that is a neutral or bad sign. They aren't the lead architect. What is the role of architects after they have provided the developer with the drawings? Do they still have any involvment if no alterations are needed?

This probably means very little at this point. Various architecture firms were commisioned as 'design architects' to give the buildings differenct architectural styles with Schwarz acting as the 'Master Plan Architect'.

For the most part, those firms did what they were commissioned to do already. Morris Architects was the production architect, or architect of record, and was commissioned to put the buildings and the CD's toegteher and then see it to construction.

The questionshould be- Is Morris Architects still involved in this project as the production architect and how much, if any, did the master plan change? It may actually be a good sign that Hartman-Cox had not been workign on this because their orginal design will stay the same. This is assuming the project is back online.

• 2 weeks later...

Regent’s Square Project is set to make big announcement in May; rumors are that a high rise residential being planned as first building

http://northmontrose...012_Final_4.pdf

It's for The Sovereign aka The Horizon ---> http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/25442-the-horizon-21-floors/page__view__findpost__p__397497

Where did you hear about that location?

It was mentioned somewhere a page or so back on this thread or "The Sovereign" thread. Also looking at the rendering, the bend in the road if you will also matched the location. It looks nearly the same as on google maps

• Like 1

Where did you hear about that location?

The 8 JE Dunn trailers have been there for awhile. They moved all the trailers out last week and left an empty lot. I talked to one of the people that were moving out and they said a high rise was coming, but had no further information.

• Like 1

Thanks.

So, this is going on W. Dallas between Rosine and Rochow?

Wow, that is directly across the street from me, Not sure what to think about that.

You should think that it would be AWESOME because you're going to be able to have a window seat of a high rise go up.

Ever ponder time lapse photography?

edited, sorry. see above, correct now, right?

That's correct. That is an empty lot, and Allen House Apartments.

The block is bordered on the South with town homes and on the southeast by The Piedmont.

It was always supposed be part of phase 2 of Regent, but my guess is that they reversed the phases.

Edited by x_gd

• 1 month later...

I drove by the lot with the JE Dunn trailers this morning (across from Teala's on W. Dallas) and they were in the midst of some serious apartment demolitions on the lot immediately behind the trailers. I'm not sure if it's related to the Regent Square development, but this was the first I'd heard of any pending demolitions.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if UHY's move to the American Tower (which Bisnow claims is in Midtown) has anything to do with Regent Square?

UHY HEARTS MIDTOWN, TOO

After 30 years in Greenway Plaza, UHY is relocating to 90k SF in America Tower. (So if you live nearby, make sure to bring some baked goods and welcome them.) We chatted with Stream’sAnthony Squillante (pictured), who repped the tenant with colleagues Kyle Jacobs, John Pope, Jeremy Hunt, and Chris Johnson. (Cushman & Wakefield’s Bill Stone repped landlord American General Life Insurance Co.) It was difficult finding a block large enough to fit UHY, he says, even though the firm is reducingits footprint by 2,300 SF. (That's while increasing workforce and leaving room for a three-year growth plan.) Anthony says UHY really wanted a desirable office for employees, and it liked Midtown'samenities and price point. PBK designed its buildout.

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=24377

• 5 weeks later...