The Red Cross

Hunter

It has been all over the media lately that the Red Cross is in trouble financially and needs our help. Some how I am not surprised.

As much as I am tempted to help I am still waiting for a response to my letter asking them what happened to all of the money that was donated to the 911 victims and their families?

The one thing that I remember and will talk about was once when a very good friend of mine needed help they refuse him and his family any assistance at all unless he paid them a certain amount up front. (He had just lost everything in a fire). The Salvation Army stepped up and just gave him everything he needed to get on his feet and asked for nothing.

I also have another long list of grievances against them but I will not go there today.

We have worked extensively with the Salvation Army folks over the last ten years and have nothing but good things to say about all the fine work they do. With their dismissal from Target stores this Christmas season, they need our help more than ever to make up for the anticipated shortage from this action. You will find their Giving Trees or Angel Trees in many locations, such as in the major malls and even in Chili's restaurants. Look for them and be generous, if you can! :)

• The title was changed to The Red Cross

Archived