The Heron Museum District: Multifamily High-Rise At 4343 Woodhead St.

jlt1988

Does anyone know what is planned for the large tract at the former site of Houston Community College on Richmond at Dunlavy? Who is the developer?

actually it was an hisd building and joseph marom (sp?) is the developer. he purchased two adjacent apartment complexes and has a total of +/- 7 acres. he intends to do a mixed-use development with retail and apartments.

hes also doing the deal on san felipe (former regency arms apartment complex).

Edited by houston-development

• 1 month later...

http://www.globest.com/news/802_802/houston/151420-1.html

Last updated: December 14, 2006 02:14am

Local Developer Begins 236-Unit Phase I

By Amy Wolff Sorter

HOUSTON-Following receipt of a $26 million construction/permanent loan, local developer Long Reach Associates Ltd., operating under the name Dunlavy Development Phase I LLC, launched construction on the first phase of its Fairmont Museum District. The 236-unit first phase is anticipated for completion in late 2007 or early 2008.

The project is situated on 2.7 acres at 4310 Dunlavy St. and Live Oak Capital Ltd. Production officer Jim Kirkpatrick tells GlobeSt.com that decision on a second phase will take place once plans are firmer for the Houston's Metro rail line. "Depending on what Metro does, there may be a retail component in the second phase, along with residential," says Kirkpatrick, who helped obtain $26 million in financing for the project's first phase.

Oh yeah, and I forgot - do you guys think this could affect the planned development at Wilshire Village just a couple of blocks away? I haven't heard anything about it in a while, but was just curious...not sure the area can take both

The Wilshire Village deal seems sort of dead in the water, anyway...

steinberg designed it...i'm not too impressed with their other stuff (the calais, ventana, left bank, etc).

seems like standard run of the mill complexes

it would be awesome if someone could get their hands on wilshire village and "purty it up."

such a neat place, especially in terms of complexes... such a shame it is in its current condition

Edited by sevfiv
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ate at La Tapatia for lunch yesterday, and took a walk around the "Fairmont" project. There was a lot of activity....10-15 trucks, land clearing, massive pipes, etc.....and I was surprised there had not been more activity on this message board. This is a large peice of land in a prime location with the potential to make a large impact in the area's redevelopment.

Tapatia alone should make it one of the more sought after properties in town......

I'd like to know more about this as well, since it's right around the corner from where I live. I hope it's going to be nice!

At least now that they're working on it it won't be a mosquito breeding ground like it was last summer. The empty lot had bad drainage and was basically a large swamp!

Edited by Jax

• 1 month later...
What are they building at Mandell and Richmond nect to the Dog park? Large support pillars are in place now. I did a search and did not find any topics on this project.

Do you mean Richmond and Dunlavy? They're building an apartment complex there...there's a thread on it somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

"'Depending on what Metro does, there may be a retail component in the second phase, along with residential," says Kirkpatrick, who helped obtain $26 million in financing for the project's first phase.'"

Do you guys think that means, "whether or not rail goes by at all" or does that mean "whether or not there is a stop close by"? Maybe both.

I drive past this place daily, and the pictures do not do it justice; this place looks HUGE. A complex this size should do much to improve the commercial appeal of the area.

I drive past this place daily, and the pictures do not do it justice; this place looks HUGE. A complex this size should do much to improve the commercial appeal of the area.

Is there a rendering anywhere? I thought maybe there had been one when the project was first announced, but I can't seem to find one...

"'Depending on what Metro does, there may be a retail component in the second phase, along with residential," says Kirkpatrick, who helped obtain $26 million in financing for the project's first phase.'"

Do you guys think that means, "whether or not rail goes by at all" or does that mean "whether or not there is a stop close by"? Maybe both.

that quote is from 2006 when rail could have gone parallel to 59. metro has chosen richmond since then. not sure if it will improve commercial appeal, richmond already has that.

Edited by musicman

There is supposed to be a Metro stop at Richmond and Dunlavy, so I imagine they will go ahead with the retail phase once the residential phase is complete.

• 2 weeks later...
Tower of Traffic!

From what I read, the Ashby highrise would have 226 units. This monster has 236. Since this is being constructed on the south end of the block, bordering Ervan Chew Park, I suspect the ingress/egress will be on little 2-lane Dunlavy near Castle Court. Where are bumper stickers for this baby?

This thing will dump people along a residential road south to Bissonet or north toward Allen Parkway. Will there be an appreciable difference in traffic? I don't know. But I do think this proves Ashby is nothing about the number of people and all about the height/scale.