Lisa Foronda is Leaving KHOU

FilioScotia

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4378456.html

The decision also had nothing to do with money or contract issues. She has "several years" remaining on her contract and "you could give me millions, and I wouldn't stay," she said.

Foronda is known to be a runner and an animal enthusiast but said she has "no idea" what she might do next, only that she will remain in Houston, and "I can guarantee 1,000 percent it will never be in television news again."

"I want to be a private person," she said. "I always wanted to be a private person, and this job goes against every fiber of that."

There is a story in this somewhere

Nobody walks away from a middle six figure salary without a damn good reason. Something is going on behind the cameras that's driving women anchors away from KHOU and I'd give anything to know what it is.

Foronda's own choice of words is telling. "...you could give me millions, and I wouldn't stay".

She went on to say that she has "no idea" what she might do next, only that she will remain in Houston, and "I can guarantee 1,000 percent it will never be in television news again."

You can forget about Marlene McClinton coming back. Remember she quit on the air one night and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I hope Foronda has one heckuva good gig lined up because, in this town at least, paychecks as big as the ones she was taking home are practically nonexistent outside the TV business.

Nobody walks away from a middle six figure salary without a damn good reason. Something is going on behind the cameras that's driving women anchors away from KHOU and I'd give anything to know what it is.

Foronda's own choice of words is telling. "...you could give me millions, and I wouldn't stay".

She went on to say that she has "no idea" what she might do next, only that she will remain in Houston, and "I can guarantee 1,000 percent it will never be in television news again."

You can forget about Marlene McClinton coming back. Remember she quit on the air one night and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I hope Foronda has one heckuva good gig lined up because, in this town at least, paychecks as big as the ones she was taking home are practically nonexistent outside the TV business.

from houston press:

Anchor Marlene McClinton's on-air resignation and denunciation of her KHOU-Channel 11 bosses last week stunned station viewers and made her an instant folk hero in some newsrooms around town, where M&Ms were passed out in her honor. But it should hardly have surprised her station's management.

After all, another veteran newsperson had exited KHOU in much the same fashion only three months before, the only difference being he hadn't delivered his farewell speech on the air and his departure received no publicity.

When the 43-year-old McClinton told viewers at the end of the 5 p.m. Tuesday newscast that she was "very unhappy with the way management has decided to treat people," one of the people very much on her mind was former colleague and tennis buddy Sam Saucedo. The 13-year station veteran walked off his assignment covering the arrival of a planeload of Kosovar refugees in Houston May 28.

According to Saucedo, the disrespect being dished out to longtime KHOU reporters by the team headed by general manager Peter Diaz and news director Mike Devlin had gotten to be more than he was willing to endure, even for a six-figure salary.

http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/1999-09-16/insider.html

She can always work at Treasures or the Gold Cup. . . . B)

Nah -- she's got a nice face, in my opinion, but her ass is like a 12-year-old boy's. That works for some, but not for me. I like a little boom, you know? Not a lot -- just something smackable. I used to see her in Tropioca and that ass was like a board...which bored me.

I just got back from the Bay Area and a similar thing like this just happened. A female reporter working for the local Fox station KTVU decided to quit after 20 years there (first ten years as wknd anchor, last ten as 10:00 anchor M-F) for lack of satisfaction treatment from newstaff. Only thing was the other anchors said "(so and so) has the night off" -- FOR THREE MONTHS cuz she was a no show all that damn time. :o

So another news reader bites the dust. Maybe 11 will hire another pretty face with a fine ass and the ability to read a teleprompter-but don't expect a journalist.

I'd like a pert bosom -- firm, and not enhanced. Good getaway sticks are also a must. And if expecting a journalist is too much, can I at least get a "naughty librarian"?

If you consider who here colleagues are, I would bet that if she has any integrity or pride in her job and career that she feels like she's working at a vocational school training station with the arrogance, and stupidity around that place. I mean I only speculate by watching these people on tv and knowing KHOU staff as they appear on tv,,,but imagine in person,,,,,I think it would be hard to be in the same room with some of those people let alone work with some of those folks.

• 2 weeks later...

She used to work in Tampa's CBS affiliate prior to going to Houston.

Filipinas magazine once did a substantial article on her. But the ignorant writer of the piece made some text saying that it was a surprise that Foronda was in Houston because Texas is not thought of as being an Asian place or is lacking Asians, something along those lines. Oh, if she were aware that Texas only has the 3rd largest Asian population of the 50 states.

i feel asleep during their 10 pm news.....did they do anything special at the end?

Yeah...just stuff on how it has "been a great nine years" and "now it is time for me to be apart of Channel 11 from the other side of the screen as a viewer"...she was on the verge of tears and her voice was breaking...reminded me of Dan Rather's last day.

Yeah...just stuff on how it has "been a great nine years" and "now it is time for me to be apart of Channel 11 from the other side of the screen as a viewer"...she was on the verge of tears and her voice was breaking...reminded me of Dan Rather's last day.

Dan Rather's man boobs are not as big as hers though! :lol:

Archived