Elysian Viaduct

• 1 month later...

I’ve always wondered; on the ramp from I-69 (nice) to I10 West, there’s a portion of the ramp that extends out for a future connector, with a sign above it saying “Elysian St”

Was that connector supposed to go to Elysian Street and plans changed, and will the reconstruction include plans for that?

Or were those plans cancelled with the whole Downtown Interchange reconstruction?

On 9/24/2017 at 8:51 AM, BigFootsSocks said:

I’ve always wondered; on the ramp from I-69 (nice) to I10 West, there’s a portion of the ramp that extends out for a future connector, with a sign above it saying “Elysian St”

Was that connector supposed to go to Elysian Street and plans changed, and will the reconstruction include plans for that?

Or were those plans cancelled with the whole Downtown Interchange reconstruction?

It was originally to connect to the eventually reconstructed Elysian Viaduct, which would then connect to the Hardy Toll Road Extension. The plans are still there, but slightly different. Instead of going to the Hardy Toll Road via the viaduct, there'll be a direct connection from the new I-69/I-10/I-45 interchange to the Hardy Toll Road Extension.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

So is anything replacing this? I'm confused as to why they're removing it

Yes - this is where the extension of the Hardy Toll Road into downtown will be.  The viaduct being replaced didn't have shoulders and was quite old.  Hardy from the viaduct's north landing to the loop is a surface street with intersections; it, too will be replaced.

4 minutes ago, mollusk said:

Yes - this is where the extension of the Hardy Toll Road into downtown will be.  The viaduct being replaced didn't have shoulders and was quite old.  Hardy from the viaduct's north landing to the loop is a surface street with intersections; it, too will be replaced.

The Hardy Toll Road extension will not run on Hardy Street north of the Elysian Viaduct. It will run on land to the east that has been/is being cleared by the relocation of the rail line.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...