The Nook Cafe officially opened today :)

Didn't realize til I was reading through the earlier posts that The Nook is yours.  I'm on campus from time-to-time and look forward to visiting and getting some good coffee.  The coffee I've had so far at UH is sub-par unless your a starbucks fan (which I'm not).

dunkin-beats-starbucks-300x278.png

Suggestion for the Nook -- ban those e-cig/Vaporizer things. Undergrads forced me out of the place with those things.

I'll discuss it with my partner, I know some of the flavors people choose can be almost as smelly as regular cigarettes (not sure how they manage that feat!).

I stopped being surprised when they had to start putting the cough syrup behind the counter at the pharmacy.

I keep waiting for the lemon extract to be put behind the counter, it seems either no one cares about the youths getting drunk on 89% alcohol, or the kids these days aren't as dumb/smart as I was.

Yeah, that's my fault, I tried shaving the beard, but it kept growing back, so I started embracing it :-p

Are you the guy with the glasses or the guy wearing a grey t-shirt? I got a hot chocolate.. I wore a black jacket but then again, who wasn't. Actually, I got a second hot chocolate (large) cause the first was so good and I said, "I ordered this for here." and you said that the large goes in the disposable cups or something like that. That was you, right?

Huge thank you to the owner! This place is effing awesome! What's funny is that me and my friends have been looking for a place to study and hangout and today I stopped by with one of them and within ten minutes we were like yeah we definitely found the right place! So now we need to just let everyone else know how awesome it is at The Nook Cafe! Cougar Blend was pretty damn good. Great job to the entire establishment, you knocked this one out of the park!

• Like 1

Hey Triton, I wear glasses, and have a fluffy 1/2" red beard, I've been in and out in the mornings and evenings trying to get the WiFi to act proper.

I'm usually going to be in there on Saturdays and Sundays. Hope to see you all.

Winter break and summer break we will be staying open, and we don't plan on having reduced hours, we'll see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the update to the UC. It was needed. Now, please tell me they kept the awesome cougar-eating-longhorn sculpture.

Also, I can also add my two thumbs up for the nook. Spent a few late nights working there in December. Excellent coffee for excellent prices. Great set up with free WiFi and lots of electrical outlets for laptops.