Mervyns Pasadena And Town Square Mall

foxmulder

What used to be at mervyns? What about Office Depot? It has a standard 1st gen OD format(upstairs breakroom, narrow receiving.) I heard there was a Walgreens at PTSM where was it? I remember a Spencers, (a good jewerly store next to Jorneys) and an arcade that had skee ball and a full time attendant for prizes. My mom worked at the luby's 20 years ago and i remember the police tower beacon and we had a flat at the bank. Come on pique my interest!

I think that the Walgreen's was infront of what is now Dillard's (I think that it used to be a Joskey's).

There was an Oshman's across from it. That space is now the Pasadena Un-employment office.

I believe it first came on as a Joske's. Then changed it's name when it was bought by dillards. The unemployment office is a work source.

Here is a few history i found.

http://deadmalls.com/malls/pasadena_town_square.html

Bed Bath and Beyond is now closed. Visible changes is gone. There is still a "FOLEY'S" sign hanging over the mall's fountain. One of a kind now...

What used to be at mervyns? What about Office Depot? It has a standard 1st gen OD format(upstairs breakroom, narrow receiving.) I heard there was a Walgreens at PTSM where was it? I remember a Spencers, (a good jewerly store next to Jorneys) and an arcade that had skee ball and a full time attendant for prizes. My mom worked at the luby's 20 years ago and i remember the police tower beacon and we had a flat at the bank. Come on pique my interest!

Back in the 1960's, in the building where Mervyns is now, there was a store by the name of Globe. After it closed, a store by the name of Fed Mart opened in that same building. Mervyns came along after Fed Mart closed. I cannot remember when Globe closed, but I do remember that Fed Mart was in that building in the early 80's. Mervyns opened sometime in the late 80's I believe. I think that the space that Office Depot and Mervyns occupied was/is one building.

Back in the 1960's, in the building where Mervyns is now, there was a store by the name of Globe. After it closed, a store by the name of Fed Mart opened in that same building. Mervyns came along after Fed Mart closed. I cannot remember when Globe closed, but I do remember that Fed Mart was in that building in the early 80's. Mervyns opened sometime in the late 80's I believe. I think that the space that Office Depot and Mervyns occupied was/is one building.

Thanks. What the heck was fedmart?

Another store that was in Pasadena Town Square Mall in the 90s was a "Gap Warehouse"... it was owned by Gap, but all their clothes were "Gap Warehouse" brand, "outlet" Gap clothes, or Old Navy brand.

Apparently, Gap Warehouse had 48 locations around the US, put in place in 1993 - and was the forerunner to Old Navy stores, which opened in 1994.

Interesting.

• The title was changed to Mervyns Pasadena And Town Square Mall

Archived