Even sicker than Charles Carl Roberts

Heights2Bastrop

According to penlive.com, members of The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, known for protesting at the funerals of servicemen killed in action in Iraq, will protest at the funerals of the Amish schoolchildren murdered by Roberts. Their reason is that Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell

While my first urge is to drive to Pennsylvania and physically take out my outrage on these "Christians", after reading this article about how the Amish community is handling this tragedy, I believe the better approach is to simply admire the strength and courage of their convictions.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15120230/

John said he wouldn't do a television interview. The Amish believe pictures are a sign of vanity, and pictures on TV are an even worse way of indulging in the evils of the world.

But John was willing to talk about the horrible school shooting that brought so much evil to this peaceful world. "We're very concerned that no message of revenge gets out," he said. "We believe in forgiveness.

I believe the better approach is to simply admire the strength and courage of their convictions.
About a week ago, an unknown person hit and killed an Amish teen, then drove away. The Amish put out the word for the hit-and-run driver to contact them so that they could forgive him.

I can admire their

It's nice the Amish are handling this so well.

Unfortunately it takes tragedy to bring attention to the Amish community.

Similar to the stingray information sweep that happened last month.

Wikipedia is pretty good about showing trends and right now the Amish related Wikis are going nuts with updates.

Fred Phelps http://www.godhatesfags.com/memorial.html is no match for these amazing people.

In case you didn't know, there is a small band of gays and families and friends of gays that go to funerals targeted by Phelps. They have stitched sheets together to form a shield outside the church or funeral home. The Phelps thugs are usually not allowed on the property but the churches and funeral homes give permission to the shielders. It's a small thing to do but it at least gives the families a measure of protection.

But as I said before, these people are so amazing in their ability to forgive and move forward that the fraction of a human that is Phelps will ultimately be of no consequence.

BTW, anyone want to wager the Amish will forgive him as well?

Absolutely stunning dignity in the face of unbelievable tragedy.

Nationally syndicated conservative talk show host, Mike Gallagher, made a deal with the attorney for the Westboro Baptist Church. For their agreement not to protest at the funerals, the group was given an hour of free air time on Gallagher

Nationally syndicated conservative talk show host, Mike Gallagher, made a deal with the attorney for the Westboro Baptist Church. For their agreement not to protest at the funerals, the group was given an hour of free air time on Gallagher

Archived