Real World Mtv Houston

citykid09

Let's put them in either:

Montrose

West U

River Oaks

Put them in the "Inn at the Ballpark" downtown loft! :P

If you'll notice, they always put the house nere a transit stop, be it bus, subway, or rail... So, if (not likly, Austin is more "Teenager-20" associated (UT etc)) they where to come here, it would probibly in a loft Downtown on the rail line, in Montrose by a bus station, or the rice village by a station... or maybe in Uptown... who knows, but the houses/apartments/condos that mtv makes for the real world are expensive, and very tasteful...

Well, come to think of it... Houston would be the best choice. Being that they have had the Real World in almost every other city in America, Houston would be a great choice... I don't think they've ever come to texas, but maybe since we hosted the Super Bowl, where at the glance of there eye...

If you'll notice, they always put the house nere a transit stop, be it bus, subway, or rail... So, if (not likly, Austin is more "Teenager-20" associated (UT etc)) they where to come here, it would probibly in a loft Downtown on the rail line, in Montrose by a bus station, or the rice village by a station... or maybe in Uptown... who knows, but the houses/apartments/condos that mtv makes for the real world are expensive, and very tasteful...

Well, come to think of it... Houston would be the best choice. Being that they have had the Real World in almost every other city in America, Houston would be a great choice... I don't think they've ever come to texas, but maybe since we hosted the Super Bowl, where at the glance of there eye...

They'll probably go to Dallas! I mean I persnally can't find excitement in Dallas or Metroplex but there are high rises and as well as a GO! Train. Do we want to risk MTV crews/cast on our little Metro light rail?

Everything else goes to Dallas anyway. We're usually 2nd or 3rd class it seems when it comes to media!

If we can't make it to Real World...I HOPE Austin gets it!

They'll probably go to Dallas! I mean I persnally can't find excitement in Dallas or Metroplex but there are high rises and as well as a GO! Train. Do we want to risk MTV crews/cast on our little Metro light rail?

Everything else goes to Dallas anyway. We're usually 2nd or 3rd class it seems when it comes to media!

If we can't make it to Real World...I HOPE Austin gets it!

But from what I know, Houston has always been "easly noticed" by MTV, more say then Dallas...

Well, VH1 is owned by the same people that have MTV, so that may be possible that they (VH1) have some positive input as far as production costs and such goes.

in regards to location. *IF* they do come to Houston, I would expect them to be in a kick ass loft downtown near mainstreet or maybe take over a few of the empty places in the Rice Lofts.

I'm torn about Austin, they have a GREAT nightlife for kids of that Demographic, with tons of college kids, but Houston has more variety.

But looking at it from a 30's perspective as far as "fun" goes as opposed to someone that is in their early 20's....I'd have to say Austin.

Ricco

The only reason I said the Village and not downtown is because they are not going to put them in a non 24 hour downtown like Houston's. I think thevillage would be better because it seems active throughout all hours of the day and you are equal distance to the Galleria area and downtown. Plus, the rail is just a short walk down University Boulevard from the Village. Put them in Uptown, please. I would be embarassed for them to walk pass all those strip malls with parking lots and empty sidewalks. I think one of those homes on University Boulevard across the street from Rice would be perfect. It would kind of be like the house from the Real World New Orleans.

Well, VH1 is owned by the same people that have MTV, so that may be possible that they (VH1) have some positive input as far as production costs and such goes.

in regards to location.  *IF* they do come to Houston, I would expect them to be in a kick ass loft downtown near mainstreet or maybe take over a few of the empty places in the Rice Lofts. 

I'm torn about Austin, they have a GREAT nightlife for kids of that Demographic, with tons of college kids, but Houston has more variety. 

But looking at it from a 30's perspective as far as "fun" goes as opposed to someone that is in their early 20's....I'd have to say Austin.

Ricco

I'd say Austin and Houston (as far as fun for above my age group would go) is pretty much the same, but in the matter of "well known" I would say Austin. But Houston has more of a variety, and to me, Dallas is out of the question... But then ago, they did have that in-famous show in the 80's...

I have wondered if and when the Real World would come to Texas. I personally think MTV would pick Austin. You may recall a show in the mid 90's called "Austin Stories"; it was a sort of reality sitcom. It was set in Austin displaying the cool hippie lifestyle that exists there. Austin has a cool factor that Houston or even Dallas does not have.

I think the one thing that Houston has in its favor is an improved national image from the high profile events of the Super Bowl and All Star game. Things are changing here and people are noticing. I would be great if Real World came to Houston but I will not hold my breath. I mean, if Philadelphia can have it then surely Houston can.

I have wondered if and when the Real World would come to Texas.  I personally think MTV would pick Austin.  You may recall a show in the mid 90's called "Austin Stories"; it was a sort of reality sitcom.  It was set in Austin displaying the cool hippie lifestyle that exists there.  Austin has a cool factor that Houston or even Dallas does not have.

I think the one thing that Houston has in its favor is an improved national image from the high profile events of the Super Bowl and All Star game.  Things are changing here and people are noticing.  I would be great if Real World came to Houston but I will not hold my breath.  I mean, if Philadelphia can have it then surely Houston can.

Austin doesn't have a bigger "cool factor", they just have an ego the size of Houston...

1. Final episode of the "Amazing Race"

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5...tinations.shtml

2. "The Benefactor"

3. "Cheaters" (almost entire season)

4. "5th Wheel" (couple of episodes)

5. "The View" (a couple of shows filmed in front of Dallas City Hall in October)

6. "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy"

7. "Ambush Makeover" (couple of episodes)

8. "While You Were Out" (few episodes)

9. "Trading Spaces" (few episodes)

Those shows are pathetic.

Archived