Houston sightings

editor

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We have The Weather Channel on in our workplace all the time, and they've changed the camera they take to show an image of Houston whenever they refer to anything happening.

They used to pick up Channel 2's tower cam along 59 pointed toward uptown, but now they're using a (IMO) better shot from TSU. Based on the location, I think it's on top of the student center, overlooking the campus with downtown in the background. Looks great today.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

I was rewatching some E3 trailers, and I noticed around 1:09 in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator trailer, you can actually see Minute Maid Park and the convention center. It appears only around a second, but it's definitely Houston.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 1:59 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

We have The Weather Channel on in our workplace all the time, and they've changed the camera they take to show an image of Houston whenever they refer to anything happening.

They used to pick up Channel 2's tower cam along 59 pointed toward uptown, but now they're using a (IMO) better shot from TSU. Based on the location, I think it's on top of the student center, overlooking the campus with downtown in the background. Looks great today.

We still have the Weather Channel on in our workplace, but I've noticed another camera in use that they tend to pull from as of late. It is located Uptown, I think on the Sonesta at 610 near Westheimer. While I like seeing the Williams Tower at times as a reminder of home, there are definitely better vantage points of the city than toward that stretch of Post Oak. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

We still have the Weather Channel on in our workplace, but I've noticed another camera in use that they tend to pull from as of late. It is located Uptown, I think on the Sonesta at 610 near Westheimer. While I like seeing the Williams Tower at times as a reminder of home, there are definitely better vantage points of the city than toward that stretch of Post Oak. 

How's that going lately ?

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Saw a rap album cover with the Four Leaf Towers in the background.  Didn’t think to post it here.  Need to see how the music sounds :ph34r:

probably like fingernails scratching blackboards while you're in the back seat of a rear-engined airplane and a baby is next to you crying... Put it all inside of a cement mixer and that's what Beyonce sounds like to me... lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

GettyImages-1130511734-ae0fef.jpg

This photo was used for Zillow's 2020 Urban-Suburban Market Report from last month. I initally saw it on my phone and could pick downtown out but kept thinking that couldn't be Uptown... and I was right when I actually saw the photo at full size. TMC does pack a punch, of course.

https://www.zillow.com/research/2020-urb-suburb-market-report-27712/

• Like 5

On 9/19/2020 at 1:42 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

GettyImages-1130511734-ae0fef.jpg

This photo was used for Zillow's 2020 Urban-Suburban Market Report from last month. I initally saw it on my phone and could pick downtown out but kept thinking that couldn't be Uptown... and I was right when I actually saw the photo at full size. TMC does pack a punch, of course.

https://www.zillow.com/research/2020-urb-suburb-market-report-27712/

Isn't Uptown basically the Galleria Area ?

• 3 weeks later...

From a 1969 CBS presentation about automobile technology of the then future. Houston is all throughout. Go to 9:29 and you'll see Memorial Dr. with the Sawyer St. ramp and former Holiday Inn/2100 Memorial Senior Living High Rise under construction. 16:05 you'll see I-45 between Allen Parkway and Dallas, followed by some aerial views of Downtown. The initial shots at the beginning look like they might be the Gulf Freeway.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is a medical advertisement for Trulicity (I think) that features the TMC skyline as viewed from Rice.  I just noticed this while watching the Olympics on NBC (not on the other network channels), so I am not sure how long this has been on the air?

[edit: it may not be trulicity?  But definitely TMC skyline.]

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 2