Houston sightings

editor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Houston's skyline is featured a bit in the new Erricson ad for network connectivity. I tried a YouTube search but it only yielded Sony phone ads. Houston Center and first city tower are clearly visible in the first shot, before it shows the bay bridge in SF. Then the signature western view and I think one more.

Edited by Montrose1100

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Owning a car makes you a P**** and a F*****. Drive a Truck or else people will ask questions.

Edit: Weird how they cut the skyline like that? Why bother and not just keep it how it is originally aligned? I've seen some photos of Houston that are completely inverted. 

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

^Those were my thoughts too regarding that commercial.  Why cut the skyline like that?  Also, why would owning a car make you a pansy?  (too change a few words you used)

I drive a car - I commute - it makes sense!  And cars/trucks do not a strong man or woman make.

The commercials sucked this year.  Though I did like a few of the more touchy-feely ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Linklater's best since the 90's IMO. I especially liked seeing Hermann Park in the movie. That and the Jason Lane homerun.

This was actually the first movie of his I ever saw. What got me into the theater was of course the fact the filming was over the course 12 years! They really did work in a lot of different aspects of Houston which I was amazed by. I would have given them the pass if they just merely said it was in Houston and had a few establishing shots, but they went everywhere. U of H, Minute Maid Park (though it was probably Enron Field at that point still. Awesome to see Roger Clemens pitching!), Downtown, Hermann Park, when they first arrived at Houston you could see some background shots of the Galleria area, I remember them going to the Houston Zoo, Museum of Natural Science.

I don't think since Urban Cowboy has the actual city gotten a lot of screen time.

Immediately afterwards I was like...yeah why don't they shot more movies here :C