Looking for help finding all of William Jenkins houses

Willowisp

I LIKE it, a LOT.. The front has some very nice details not seen in these recent photos. In it's heyday, I bet it was amazing. I wish I could have seen it when it was first built. The landscape plants and lighting are still there. The enormous amount of neglect is undeniable. I find it vey intriguing, like time has stood still. 

Yeah, I like it too. Jason and I have a standing agreement that whomever wins the lottery first, knocks on the door everyday until someone answers. We simply ask "How much will it take for you to sell this place to me and have all of your stuff out within a month?". Then hire Stern & Bucek or someone like that to completely restore and update it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I like it too. Jason and I have a standing agreement that whomever wins the lottery first, knocks on the door everyday until someone answers. We simply ask "How much will it take for you to sell this place to me and have all of your stuff out within a month?". Then hire Stern & Bucek or someone like that to completely restore and update it. 

I would not be in a hurry to toss out the interior. As deplorable as the interior furnishings seem to be, they are more than likely original to the home. Custom draperies, period chairs, etc. I'd be taking notes, photos, samples if I could. It's not every day that you get to see what looks like an original interior, untouched by a re-muddler. Their stuff might include blueprints. 

• 1 month later...

Jason and Ben already know this, but I was recently contacted by a brother and sister in Lake Jackson whose parents had a Jenkins house from 1959.  It's still in the family, still in good shape, and mostly original inside.  It's not strongly modern and might not be noticed as a Jenkins-style house at first look, but we can another one to the list.  Interestingly enough, the plans say something like "Residence No. 817."   Wonder if he actually did eight hundred houses?  Or even eight hundred projects?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived