Land Clearing Near Lowe's On Highway 249

oldtimer

My first post. Does anyone know what is going up by the Cathholic Church on 249 near cypresswood? Also, I wonder who bought the land by the welding supply on Perry Road? I have lived in this area 40 years and have enjoyed watching the progress!

That property is owned by Don Hand's Greenwood Co. (the developers of Champion Forest and other area neighborhoods). I'm not certain what's planned for that wooded parcel...last I checked they had thinned out the brush, but not cut down the trees. I hope they leave some of the trees there. It sickens me to see so much clearcutting.

I'll see what I can find out. Does anyone else know what's going in at this location?

That property is owned by Don Hand's Greenwood Co. (the developers of Champion Forest and other area neighborhoods). I'm not certain what's planned for that wooded parcel...last I checked they had thinned out the brush, but not cut down the trees. I hope they leave some of the trees there. It sickens me to see so much clearcutting.

I'll try and find out what's going in.

Hand is a shark. Just a preemptive warning to anybody looking to do business either with or in competition with him. Sources will remain anonymous on this one. :ph34r:

Just consider it a heads-up.

They haven't touched the trees that line 249 on the right side if you're driving north toward Tomball between Cypresswood and Louetta, have they?

If they haven't yet, they will soon. That's where the Vintage lifestyle center is going.

No, they haven't touched those trees, yet. There will be a park for the first portion...then offices/medical and corporate development...then the Lifestyle center at Louetta which they have for the most part cleared as we speak. They've left a tree buffer around much of it, but if you drive down Louetta you'll get a good glimpse.

streetmap.jpg

Niche...does this pertain to the parcel we're talking about in this thread? PM me.

I have seen where they cleared for the Vintage lifestyle center, and I'd be fine with buffers there, but with the trees that immediately line 249, I'd be extremely upset if they cut down those trees. I'd donate 100 dollars to the developer to make up for the added cost of building around the trees. Why can't they do what the Woodlands did so easily by building everything amidst the trees and not cutting them down?

I've noticed they've left some large trees and a few small 'clusters' of trees...or maybe they're just waiting for some new machinery to show up and take those down too.

It kills me to see this. In two other cities I've lived in there were so many restrictions regarding clear cutting. Does the city of Houston have any such restrictions in place?

FYI...last week they thinned the trees on Cypresswood across from Lowes as well (towards Cutten)...

I don't know if the city of Houston has any such restrictions but the area I mentioned is not in the city limits. The Intercontential Airport used to be called the Black Hole because of all the trees. Now the sky is pink all the time at my house because of the light all around on 249 and 1960. Don't misunderstand. I love the progress but we have to give up to get. Sorry it has to be the trees we give up.

I think there's a happy medium, unfortunately we live in a county with very low standards for development that allows for a lot of half-ass developers to come in, clear cut and throw up more useless clutter. Other cities have higher standards, better planning and land use standards that create less traffic, preserves the natural aesthetic and retains property values.

It looks as if they're making an effort to preserve some of the trees. I hope that is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the listing for this particular property. It appears to be a 150,000 sq. foot Class A office project, 100% pre-leased. Developer is Don Hand.

249office.jpg

249office2.jpg

It appears Don Hand is copying the same design as his Cypresswood & Cutten office project behind Perry's Steakhouse.)

I drove by that location this evening. I hope they leave many of the trees up...they've done a decent job thus far of doing select cuttings. I appreciate that. If Hand wants to do a carbon copy of his other office building, the site layout and the fact he's preserving more of the woods around his development will lessen the 'cookie-cutter' appearance and add value to the property.

I found the listing for this particular property. It appears to be a 150,000 sq. foot Class A office project, 100% pre-leased. Developer is Don Hand.

249office.jpg

249office2.jpg

It appears Don Hand is copying the same design as his Cypresswood & Cutten office project behind Perry's Steakhouse.)

I drove by that location this evening. I hope they leave many of the trees up...they've done a decent job thus far of doing select cuttings. I appreciate that. If Hand wants to do a carbon copy of his other office building, the site layout and the fact he's preserving more of the woods around his development will lessen the 'cookie-cutter' appearance and add value to the property.

Thanks, yes that is the property I have been asking about. I can't tell from the map if the property goes all the way to the church or not. I see there is a new trailer on the old Baldau land next to the church.

• 3 years later...

It looks like they have started construction on building #2 of Chasewood Crossing at Hwy 249 and Cypresswood next to Lowe's. The original plan was to build a second 6 story Class A 156,000 sq ft building next to the completed building.

• 8 years later...

Building #3 Underway...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/06/28/spec-office-building-breaks-ground-in-northwest.html

Spec office building breaks ground in northwest Houston business park

By Jen Para  – Web producer, Houston Business Journal
Jun 28, 2018, 8:31am CDT

https://i.imgur.com/SulnXD1.png?1

A six-story, speculative Class A office building has begun construction about 2 miles northwest of Willowbrook Mall in the Champion Forest area. 

Called Chasewood Crossing Three, the 156,000-square-foot structure is at 19350 State Highway 249 and broke ground on June 28, said Jaclynn Johnson Zimowski, a spokesperson for Houston-based Brenda Pennington Commercial Real Estate Inc., which is the broker for the property. The structure will be one of six office buildings slated for the $320 million, 32-acre Chasewood Crossing business park.

Chasewood Crossing Three is expected to be ready for interior build-out in 10 months and ready for tenants in 14 months, Zimowski said. It was designed by Houston-based Billy D. Tippit Architects Inc., and the general contractor is Charlie Graham Construction. Leasing prices are roughly $21 NNN. 

Already, the business park has two six-story buildings constructed at 19450 and 19500 State Highway 249. The first was finished in 2008 and is 81 percent occupied, Zimowski said. The second completed in 2012 and is 93 percent occupied. Chasewood Three LP is the developer of the third building, which it is paying for in cash without a loan, Zimowski said.

When complete, the entire 110-acre Chasewood Crossing development is expected to include 32 acres of Class A office buildings — projected to finish in 2022 — several acres of pad sites for restaurants, 29 acres of medical tenants, 15 acres of senior living options and a 20-story, mixed-use condominium project, Zimowski said.

• The title was changed to Land Clearing Near Lowe's On Highway 249

Archived