:rolleyes: Is the Hotel being built next to the Memorial Hermann tower topped out?? It has been a couple of weeks since I've seen them build a new story. If it is then it doesn't look anywhere near as tall as they depicted in the renderings.

In the renderings they made it look like it was almost as tall as the 35 story Memorila hermann building but tight now it looks only about half as tall.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rolleyes: Is the Hotel being built next to the Memorial Hermann tower topped out?? It has been a couple of weeks since I've seen them build a new story. If it is then it doesn't look anywhere near as tall as they depicted in the renderings.

In the renderings they made it look like it was almost as tall as the 35 story Memorila hermann building but tight now it looks only about half as tall.

I have a print version of the updated rendering (current color schemes) and it comes out to a 25 story building. My guess is there are another two large floors coming since the top two floors are set back and the main roof will overhang both the north and south sides. Some decorative red metal framework also (according to the renderings) should be added to the narrow side facing Gessner. Starting on the 3rd floor and running up that notch, extending outward at the 18th floor just above the condo/hotel split to meet the main roof at an angle.

I should scan it in when I get the chance...

Great quality photos. Always appreciate the visual update.

This building doesn't look as bad as I thought it would in the finished product. Rather unusual with the crown on top, but not all bad.

This has become quite a marker of the I-10 near Beltway 8 area... I can see it all the way from my building located near the Greenway and Upper Kirby area.

Great quality photos. Always appreciate the visual update.

This building doesn't look as bad as I thought it would in the finished product. Rather unusual with the crown on top, but not all bad.

This has become quite a marker of the I-10 near Beltway 8 area... I can see it all the way from my building located near the Greenway and Upper Kirby area.

That's exactly what MH leaders want it to be. They always talk about a landmark and a Medical center outside of Texas Medical Center.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but WHY is the crown off-center again? And why is it centered from that angle? i mean, wouldn't most people see it traveling on the I-10 FWY, so, to me, it would stand to reason that it should be positioned to look centered from that perspective. Any ideas?

m. B)

Maybe this has already been addressed, but WHY is the crown off-center again? And why is it centered from that angle? i mean, wouldn't most people see it traveling on the I-10 FWY, so, to me, it would stand to reason that it should be positioned to look centered from that perspective. Any ideas?

m. B)

I'm thinking it has to do with elevator placement.

I have a print version of the updated rendering (current color schemes) and it comes out to a 25 story building. My guess is there are another two large floors coming since the top two floors are set back and the main roof will overhang both the north and south sides. Some decorative red metal framework also (according to the renderings) should be added to the narrow side facing Gessner. Starting on the 3rd floor and running up that notch, extending outward at the 18th floor just above the condo/hotel split to meet the main roof at an angle.

I should scan it in when I get the chance...

Is this it?

626569.jpg

Whole photo.

Memorial_Hermann_Tower_Rendering.jpg

it's crazy that it's taken this long to get a decent rendering of the westin on here... thanks puma. i love it, btw. they could've settled for something banal but didn't. more glass on the lower levels would have been nice, but it ties in very well with the MH tower.

Here's the more recent one I was talking about. It was included with a few of the other projects discussed here in the West Houston Chamber's annual booklet.

WestinMC.jpg

I am counting 24 floors. Not bad.

The previous rendering looked like 28 floors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived