29 members have voted

1. 1. H A I F meetup - when and where?

• Downtown - weeknight
    • Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

Meet at a resturant and have a good laugh over similiar interests and well posts. LOL!!

That would be an interesting site to see! :P

Anyone want to meet at CVS!!! ;) j/king!!!

:P

One question: Would I be the only female there around all you guys? OMG! I'd look like a streetwalker or prostitute! LMAO!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can always wait for the moderators to come up with some sort of plan to meet at a certain resturant (ON the weekend). IF anything y'all (we memebers) can discuss Dallas/Ft.Worth vs. Houston without the guns and fist fighting and bring your flow sheets with demongraphic status and radius's. A fun time had by all!! :-D

We can always wait for the moderators to come up with some sort of plan to meet at a certain resturant

Don't wait for us. You started this ball rolling. See where it goes. I think it's a great idea.

Weekdays are my only bad days to go out anywhere.

What we can do is this:

Pick a place on all sides of town.

Southwest: Westheimer somewhere

Montrose: Black Lab Pub or Yao Mings resturant

Musuem District: oh gosh um...no clue I don't live around there LOL!

Kemah: um..a bit far for me but Joe's Crab shack (just naming places)

Downtown: Aquarium

We talk about these places so much why not discuss it in person? :)

See how one meetup does and perhaps make this a reg. on basis thing once a month. Therefore after meetups we have something to discuss on slow days other then our rival cities and so forth.

I would look forward to meeting y'all and I admit hearing diff. Houston or Texas accents.

On one day of the month (perferbally weekends and excluding holidays) we can pick that side of town since we live on diff. sides of town.

For example: I know this is a longshot. For me easiest would be Carrilion Center near Westheimer -after talking about it for so long LOL!. I live on that side of town. I am not comfy with driving far distances :(

I used to drive near West Gray when I worked at the musical theatre on N.Shepard. that's a LONG time ago. If I go anywhere I may cab it.

Our best bet as far as food is a place where there is a variety. some of us are on budgets ;)

If you do come:

(pointer stick and map not included)

sounds sad or bad...but for someone who really has no social life on the weekend I would love to hang out with y'all if this is a reality. I admit its a bit nerve wracking.

btw, throw in sexist jokes and I am NOT afraid to hit guys and this time I can do it in person! :P

I love Black Lab, but unless you let them know in advance they can get pretty surly if you bring a bunch of people in all at once. When I left my first job in Houston to go to another company across town a few people took me there for a "going away." Over the course of an hour a bunch more people showed up from a bunch of other departments and competing companies and we turned into a moderate crowd of 30 to 40 people. They were NOT happy and let us know it. But since everyone was buying my Monty Pythons all night I was unable to care that we were an intrusion.

Downtown or nothing.

Otherwise we look like a bunch of posers.

Might as well meet at Blue Angels in Humble for wet tee shrit night.

Somehow I'd have to find a way to downtown. :(

Its easy for midtowners or people familiar with the area.

However, I know Hard Rock isn't too good. Its too loud there and they raised their prices. It cost me $30 to eat dinner there.

These guys have a meet up at Kaveh Kanes downtown on the first friday of every month.

Kaveh Kanes offers coffee, desserts, beer and I think wine. No hard liquor and no food other than desserts. They also have free Wi-Fi for those that might want to bring laptops.

It's a decent space and big enough to hold a small group without crowding. This may be an option for those wanting to meet up in downtown.

the good thing about Kaveh Kane's is that it's NOT a bar therefore, those under 21 can attend! same goes for cafe express, the good thing about cafe express is that if we want to eat, we all pay for our own meals, drinks, etc and we do not have to worry about seperate checks, splitting checks or hassles for the waitstaff.

I'm all for it if it's on a weekend, since it's rare I'm in town Monday-Thursday these days. Downtown/Midtown/Montrose/Other Inner Loop are my preferences for location, but I can go anywhere if the groiup chooses something else.

Archived