FBI Houston Field Office

caevans3

This new eight-storey building is being designed by PageSoutherlandPage for completion in 2007.

Renderings can be found at:http://www.pspaec.com/

Does anyone know about this building, or know where it's being constructed? I haven't seen it mentioned on this site before either. Thanks.

Sincerely,

caevans3

Stats:

- 290,000 SF Field Office complex

- eight-story tower built of reinforced concrete

- lightweight metal frame second exterior

- opaque glass exterior

- designed to achieve a LEED

That is a BIG building...what about that Faculty Center building...I havent seen anything floating around here about it that I can remember. It says completion in 2008, am I just overlooking something that has been discussed before?

This new eight-storey building is being designed by PageSoutherlandPage for completion in 2007.

Renderings can be found at:http://www.pspaec.com/

Does anyone know about this building, or know where it's being constructed? I haven't seen it mentioned on this site before either. Thanks.

Sincerely,

caevans3

Stats:

- 290,000 SF Field Office complex

- eight-story tower built of reinforced concrete

- lightweight metal frame second exterior

- opaque glass exterior

- designed to achieve a LEED

that is the first I have heard of this project. Looking at the rendering it looks like a suburban campus. I would say somewhere along 610 or BW8. It looks like a nice building. where is the local feild office located now. I never thought about it, but they must have a location here considering the size of our city.

I believe there was something in the paper about it when they broke ground a while back. I don't recally exactly where it is, but IIRC, I think it is somwhere to the northwest...

Well you can't miss it from 290. It's the only significant structure under construction within eyesight of the freeway. If that's the case, they're not doing that good of a job.

Are you talking about the building being built behind the wells fargo bank and next to the HOV exit? If so I think that is something else, but I dont remember what. That building is the only building under construction on 290 that I have seen, at least anything close to the magnitude of that FBI building. I do think the FBI building is much larger than what is being built where I am talking about.

Are you talking about the building being built behind the wells fargo bank and next to the HOV exit? If so I think that is something else, but I dont remember what. That building is the only building under construction on 290 that I have seen, at least anything close to the magnitude of that FBI building. I do think the FBI building is much larger than what is being built where I am talking about.

The one you speak of is defefinatly the new FBI building. I recenlty moved from a nearby subdivision off of Pinemont and it was well publicized to the local residents (for curiosity sake more than anything) that this was an FBI facility.

I agree with bcnet that it is in fact the FBI. It was in the Chronicle's "What's That??" part of the business section some time ago.

Also, if you drive on Pinemont, you can actually see how big the building is. It looks much bigger than it does from 290.

Our gal Nancy covered the FBI building awhile ago. It is indeed up off of 290 near Pinemont.

The Faculty Center Tower is under construction right now in the Med Center. It's South of Holcombe directly behind the 13 story Faculty Center Tower and the 12 story Rotary House Int'l. It'll be 324 feet tall when done and will definitely leave a mark on the TMC skyline!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Yup.... an FBI building. Think about it: government. nuff said. :P

Don't come for me. Please. I'm too young. :ph34r:

Unfortunately, under the current political climate, it seems NO ONE is too young. HIDE! :o

Here's the rendering:

FBI.png

God, i hope some idiot does not try to bomb it in a couple of years. Looks just like the kind of gov. building that a unibomber would want to target. Yeah, thanks FBI. <_<

Unfortunately, under the current political climate, it seems NO ONE is too young. HIDE! :o

God, i hope some idiot does not try to bomb it in a couple of years. Looks just like the kind of gov. building that a unibomber would want to target. Yeah, thanks FBI. <_<

Well, there has been a mandate that most if not all buildings be set back away from public roads by at least 100ft. If security is tight on this, then if a bomb goes off, nothing will really happen to it.

If anything, you should be worried about the Federal buildings downtown. One of which was supposed to be targeted by Idiot McVeigh if he would have gotten his information right.

Fortunately for us, he targeted OKC instead of Houston or else there might have been even more casualties and destruction.

[

If anything, you should be worried about the Federal buildings downtown. One of which was supposed to be targeted by Idiot McVeigh if he would have gotten his information right.

Fortunately for us, he targeted OKC instead of Houston or else there might have been even more casualties and destruction.

I didn't realize he had targeted Houston. That would have been a nightmare. Have you been to the OK memorial? It is quite moving. Like at the Vietnam Memorial in DC or Ground Zero (before the construction began) it is quiet as a tomb. It is sort of eerie how everyone (out of respect, of course) goes silent when walking through it. Quite moving.

Well, he "thought" that the planning for the Waco thing was done at the OKC headquarters (WHY? I have NO idea.), but from what has been reported, he would have bombed the Houston Branch where they had done the planning.

Sometimes fate plays a wierd part in life.

Can you imagine the immediate buildings in the area would have been like with the ensuing damage? We probably would have lost at least 2 additional highrises.

Well, he "thought" that the planning for the Waco thing was done at the OKC headquarters (WHY? I have NO idea.), but from what has been reported, he would have bombed the Houston Branch where they had done the planning.

Sometimes fate plays a wierd part in life.

Can you imagine the immediate buildings in the area would have been like with the ensuing damage? We probably would have lost at least 2 additional highrises.

That would have been terrible. BUT, then again, like with NYC, i wonder if it would have driven developers and Houston lovers to defiantly build something spectacular DT. It is weird how fate changes things.

I am just glad that this new FBI building is set back from the FWY. You do have a point there. Incidentally, i did not realize that the FBI have such a large branch working in Houston. Maybe geering up to investigate Halliburton??? :D

That would have been terrible. BUT, then again, like with NYC, i wonder if it would have driven developers and Houston lovers to defiantly build something spectacular DT. It is weird how fate changes things.

I am just glad that this new FBI building is set back from the FWY. You do have a point there. Incidentally, i did not realize that the FBI have such a large branch working in Houston. Maybe geering up to investigate Halliburton??? :D

Well, like any large metro area, we do too. ;)

Archived