Anyone flooded in midtown today?

olddawg

anyone get water in their homes from the rain today...specifically midtown?

Midtown where I am at is still pretty dry. It has been raining a lot but there is not really any pooling or flooding going on. I drove down to Clear Lake where I work this morning and the south side of town is really bad. When I got the opportunity to get on a feeder and not get flooded, I got off and turned around and came home. I guess we will get to see the effectiveness of the drainage improvements the city made and hardiness of the plants along the Sabine-Bagby Promenade.

as of 8am, i didn't see any standing water on any of the roads in midtown.

i made it to clear lake with no problems, just a few slow downs on 45 where people were parked waiting to exit around Monroe and many other roads where the ramps were closed.

610 looked like a complete mess.

It's flooded on Mason Rd. in Katy also. I went out to Kroger's about 8:45 last night after the downpour, and I couldn't believe my eyes. 3 or 4 cars stranded, had to be about 4 inches in one hour to make that sort of mess.

I lived in Midtown back when Tropical Storm Allison hit, a ton of people had their cards parked on the street over by AMLI Midtown/Oak Court...lots of flooded cars.

I was in the Front Porch Pub during Allison. I was stuck there until 4 am. Which was not necessarily a bad thing.

I lived in Midtown back when Tropical Storm Allison hit, a ton of people had their cards parked on the street over by AMLI Midtown/Oak Court...lots of flooded cars.

One of those was my wife's car. She was driving home from work and it stalled right in front. I ran through water up to my waist (much higher on her) and carried her from her car to higher ground in the parking garage. Her car was never the same.

One of those was my wife's car. She was driving home from work and it stalled right in front. I ran through water up to my waist (much higher on her) and carried her from her car to higher ground in the parking garage. Her car was never the same.

Today was interesting day. I had 2 employees not come in even though they live on the West side of town near me. I made it in record time since half the city was wimping out. I understand the East Side and South side got it bad and I have a lot of sympathy for those people, but tons of people used it as an excuse not to come in. Maybe I am bitter since I did not do the same.

My wife works downtown and they called her at 7:45 and told her to take the day off. At 9:00 they calle dher back and told her to come in. That is totally uncool. you make the decision and stick by it.

I think there is a lot of Fear (and rightfully so) concerning another Allison type storm. It looks like the same area that got pounded last night and today is going to get more. The West side is almost dry.

Man I was looking at pics and forecast........looks like Houston is in for a real pounding. Wish I was there, it's been a while since I been through some serious flooding. Growing up in Htown, it was always exciting, my parent's house never got flooded(the street next over always did though).Hope no one takes on any real damage. Everyone stay safe, don't do anything dumb like go swimming into a colony of fire ants.

Archived