BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

If it turns out like the rendering on their web site, Whole Foods should be located in the NE corner of the concrete structure that includes the parking garage.   Looking at the rendering (attached here), it  appears to be a view in the same direction (SW) as Skyline View’s 1st pic just above.   In both, you can see the steelwork that hangs out from the 1st floor of the structure to provide rain shelter.  The whitish structure on the right of the rendering must correspond to the 4-story steel structure that is just starting to shape up.

1.jpg

It was my understanding that the Whole Foods is going to be the entire front part of the bottom two stories of the parking structure. Looking at the rendering, it seems to show the store going almost the whole way down, and stopping at the parking garage entrance.

I would love to see that 53 or 55 story Ritz-Carlton back in the equation for this development. I would also love to see a development on Post Oak between California Pizza Kitchen and the Lofts on Post Oak in the form of a huge residential, hotel and entertainment complex...preferably with a large sports and restaurant/bar theme...and one that would mesh well with BLVD Place.

I know this is not the right thread, but does anyone know what is replacing this or what thread it should be put under?

that's marvy's site on st james and yorktown. i was told awhile back that it would be highrise apartments but midrise is just as likely imo. i drive by that demo frequently... it's impressive.

I would also love to see a development on Post Oak between California Pizza Kitchen and the Lofts on Post Oak in the form of a huge residential, hotel and entertainment complex...preferably with a large sports and restaurant/bar theme...and one that would mesh well with BLVD Place.

NOOOOOO.

I live in the tower of the Lofts looking north. The last thing I want is ANY sort of anything being built over the nice, short, totally-not-in-the-way-of-my-view shopping center that's there already. ;)

NOOOOOO.

I live in the tower of the Lofts looking north. The last thing I want is ANY sort of anything being built over the nice, short, totally-not-in-the-way-of-my-view shopping center that's there already. ;)

First of all, VERY well played...and in good taste!

That's a good point, too. I love those lofts...one of my favorite addresses in Houston. The "ideal scenario" would be not to obstruct anyone's view (at least anyone living above, say, 4 or 5 stories) significantly enough to devalue the location. Maybe have 3 or 4 stories (perhaps a story or two underground, also...possibly one that could connect to a future underground subway network???) of some sort of arts and/or entertainment "mini-district"...and then lots of hotels and residential mid/high rises behind it. It seems like BLVD Place (and the Galleria nearby) will have the shopping largely covered for the area. Something large on the other side of San Felipe (between Post Oak and Hallmark, and back towards the future Astoria tower) would be nice, too.

I'd also like to see a similar large scale type scenario (with similar thought put into view obstruction for existing mid/high rise residents) along Post Oak between Maggiano's and the Container Store...and on the other side of Post Oak between Ethan Allen and the Canyon Cafe (and all the way back to the Grand Lux Cafe) as well.

I got pictures last night and this morning of the big crawler crane being erected, but I still can't get my computer to recognize my memory card so I can't upload them. They are most definitely dismantling the taller crane.

I got pictures last night and this morning of the big crawler crane being erected, but I still can't get my computer to recognize my memory card so I can't upload them. They are most definitely dismantling the taller crane.

Restart your computer.  That should fix it.

Two trucks showed up today loaded with what appear to be air conditioning units. There's also a very large crane on site lifting them to the roof.

Restart your computer.  That should fix it.

The computer has been restarted about 3 dozen times since this became a problem. I wish that would've solved it.

From what I've been able to find, Hanover's tower appears to be apartments, not condos. I was considering selling my place on Post Oak and buying in that building instead (management is worse than useless here), but I've found zero mention anywhere of sales at all, and everything I've seen on it refers to it as apartments.

Two trucks showed up today loaded with what appear to be air conditioning units. There's also a very large crane on site lifting them to the roof.

The computer has been restarted about 3 dozen times since this became a problem. I wish that would've solved it.

Are you using a card reader or SD port on computer?

Are you using a card reader or SD port on computer?

SD port on my computer. It worked great until a few weeks ago. I'm still searching for the little USB cable that connects to my camera, because I've used that successfully in the past.

SD port on my computer. It worked great until a few weeks ago. I'm still searching for the little USB cable that connects to my camera, because I've used that successfully in the past.

You can also get a USB card reader at Walmart for 8 bucks or so.

Would love for the others ones in the rendering to start construcion

At this point there are no others to even start construction on. The renderings of the whole site are not what those towers will look like, but simply generic placeholders in the picture where the towers should eventually go. So far, the tower going up is the only one with an actual rendering of it released (unless we assume that the original Hanover tower is still going to be going up as well). They want there to be two more residential towers, but we've not gotten anything other than "yeah, they'll be there, eventually." And the hotel tower still needs a hotel to actually sign on to the deal before anything goes ahead there.

At this point there are no others to even start construction on. The renderings of the whole site are not what those towers will look like, but simply generic placeholders in the picture where the towers should eventually go. So far, the tower going up is the only one with an actual rendering of it released (unless we assume that the original Hanover tower is still going to be going up as well). They want there to be two more residential towers, but we've not gotten anything other than "yeah, they'll be there, eventually." And the hotel tower still needs a hotel to actually sign on to the deal before anything goes ahead there.

apache will build two towers on the portion of the site they bought.

• Like 1