haha my thoughts exactly. i think the apache towers boxy lines will compliment the whole foods and existing buildings squared/modern lines, but this side of the 37 story tower, at least (the only side ive seen of this tower and the most interesting looking side from the footprint), is my favorite amongst the BLDV Place towers.

i wonder what Apache has planned for their second tower site.. if would be cool if it was even taller but im not sure how many workers they have to consolidate into another tower.

haha my thoughts exactly. i think the apache towers boxy lines will compliment the whole foods and existing buildings squared/modern lines, but this side of the 37 story tower, at least (the only side ive seen of this tower and the most interesting looking side from the footprint), is my favorite amongst the BLDV Place towers.

i wonder what Apache has planned for their second tower site.. if would be cool if it was even taller but im not sure how many workers they have to consolidate into another tower.

Great minds think alike! ;)

ah i remember that now. definitely the same footprint as the tower in the new plans. i liked that tower.. i wonder if they are bringing it back to meet the residential requirements per the 1000 unit specs they released.

Here's a more clear look at the overall plan, better proof that the 37-story residential tower is back on board.

1.jpg

Edited by Urbannizer

great news..
i never noticed the west side of the 37 story tower had a curvature on it, along with a cut out on the same side of the Hanover tower under construction. hopefully the other residential tower and hotel (i believe that was the plan at least) dont end up being boxes. I thought Apaches new tower was 34 stories, not 33? oh well, anyone think Apaches future tower could be even taller?

i think i found the rendering you were referencing Urbannizer, showing Apache being the tallest tower planned, but the 29 story Hanover tower looks MUCH shorter in the rendering than the Apache tower, and possibly not even the same design, so maybe the other towers were just fillers in place of where they plan to build towers? Or did they actually make a statement saying Apache would be the tallest? I tried emailing them asking about the tower but im not too hopeful for a response.

blvd-place-apache-aerial.jpg

heres the swamplot article from back in 08 announcing it was put "on hold".. so it doesnt seem it was ever officially canceled. maybe/hopefully it will come back.. i wonder if they will wait to announce another resi tower until the current one is completed/leased out?

http://swamplot.com/hanover-uptown-apartment-tower-officially-on-hold/2008-10-24/

i think i found the rendering you were referencing Urbannizer, showing Apache being the tallest tower planned, but the 29 story Hanover tower looks MUCH shorter in the rendering than the Apache tower, and possibly not even the same design, so maybe the other towers were just fillers in place of where they plan to build towers? Or did they actually make a statement saying Apache would be the tallest? I tried emailing them asking about the tower but im not too hopeful for a response.

blvd-place-apache-aerial.jpg

heres the swamplot article from back in 08 announcing it was put "on hold".. so it doesnt seem it was ever officially canceled. maybe/hopefully it will come back.. i wonder if they will wait to announce another resi tower until the current one is completed/leased out?

http://swamplot.com/hanover-uptown-apartment-tower-officially-on-hold/2008-10-24/

It was said by swstig that the Apache Tower will be the tallest according to current plans. I know at one point it was going to be 38-floors.The plans changed quite a few times over the years so I wouldn't be surprised if something taller comes along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2013 10 12:

IMG_1982_zps41e83c29.jpg

I really love this shot. Capturing all three projects at once. Thanks Skyline View!

As well as the redevelopment of the building that will now house Icon Bank on the corner of San Felipe and Post Oak. It's a small building but with the new glass it looks pretty nice.

Edited by fatesdisastr
  • Like 1

Thanks for the photos.  This has been an exciting project to follow.  I'm a tad dismayed the Apache building will eat such a large chunk of the previous design - but that just allows the next developer room to add more dense retail+office across the street.

• Like 2

rawImage.jpg

North Restaurant has a Place at BLVD Place

An Italian restaurant called North has leased space in the second phase of BLVD Place, the newest tenant to sign onto the mixed-use development at the corner of Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe.

The restaurant is expected to open next summer, along with a 55,000 square foot Whole Foods, a Pinkberry yogurt shop, True Food Kitchen and other retailers.

"We think the North restaurant is a great addition," said Ed Wulfe, chairman and CEO of Wulfe & Co., managing partner of the development. "It's something that's not anywhere else in Houston, a new restaurant concept -- not that Houston isn't booming with them."

This will be North's seventh restaurant in the U.S, and the second in Texas - the first being in Austin.

The 4,300 square foot space will have a casual feel with community tables and a "pasta station" where diners can see their meals being prepared. The restaurant makes its pasta and pizza dough from scratch daily. Its wine selections will include items from hard-to-find producers and vintages from the central and northern regions of Italy, the company said.

The 215,000 second phase, which is about 60% leased, will also have a 55,000-square-foot regional headquarters for Frost Bank.

A third phase will be a concept similar to the first two, combining office and retail on multiple levels.

Apache Corp. acquired land there for a new Headquarters office complex.

Wulfe said there are two more parcels left for development.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/North-restaurant-has-a-place-at-BLVD-Place-4908920.php

• Like 1

What is happening in the far right foreground where it's fenced off and there are a couple of piles of rubble? I know Astoria is on the left but don't know about right side.

That is the remnants of the 24 hour fitness.  The site is being prepped for BHP Billiton's new building.  Here is the thread for that one: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/13199-bhp-billiton-five-oaks-place/

BLVD Place once had plans for a 55 story tower? that would of made a huge impact on the uptown skyline.. bummer the economy crashed. any chance it could still be one of the other towers in plans (obviously the floor plates dont match up, but i doubt ALL the other towers are all going to be rectangles)? they want to have ~1,000 residential units in the development, and Hanover and Landmark tower wouldnt be enough units to meet that target. 

"Boulevard Place, Houston, Texas Fifty-five (55) story 638’-8” tall residential flat plate post tension structure, shear wall/outrigger brace- wall system with a 565 car garage approximately 875,424 GSF"