Interesting discussion.

Anyone know where the Montrose tower will be?

Possibly 3400 Montrose, according to several users in this thread here:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/26859-3400-montrose-old-10-story-building-at-montrose-hawthorne/

It was in the "Going Up" section, not sure why it was moved..

yeah i personally cannot wait for this to be finished as well! Whole Foods and The Counter just a couple of blocks north of my work and a couple of blocks south of my home?! that = awesome (plus it is a great looking building as everyone else has said!)

Will that Whole Foods still be the original flagship size that itwas first announced as? Or has the size stayed reduced? It looks pretty big to me. Will it be on multiple stories or just the first floor?

I seem to recall somweere in this thread it being mentioned that the Whole Foods was reduced in size and wouldn't be a flagship. But I am not certain that my memory is accurate

Whole Foods' website lists stores under development, but not the BLVD Place location, for some reason (even tho' it is scheduled to open sooner than some of those other stores).

Like others, I read that it was downsized, after originally being planned to be as large as the flagship store in Austin.  Frankly, if they were to restore their plan to the larger size, I'm confident many in the area (including me) would be likely to shop there more.   Or, at least to spend more.  Part of that is because I'm still mourning the loss of Eatzie's.  I think the Austin flagship had Eatzie's beat, actually, certainly in terms of scale.

Edited by ArchFan

They originally planned an 80,000 square foot store, but after building a couple of those they apparently didn't work so well and they said they did not plan to build any more that large.  They reduced the size of the Post Oak plan to 48,500 square feet.  Still larger than most Whole Foods stores, I think, but not as large as originally planned.

i too mourn the loss of Eatzi's! Hated when they closed (and how they closed those losers!) but for now i am actually enjoying the Fresh Market on San Felipe quite a bit...but again, cannot wait for the new Whole Foods to open...it is definitely long overdue!

so i read in a Chronicle article that the phase 3 plans for BLVD place include 1000 residences. im not sure how many the Hanover tower is going to have but id imagine no more than 2-300. i wonder if that means more/possibly taller towers could be on the horizon for BLVD place. is there an update of their plan anywhere? i know the Apache land acquisition changed up their plans (layout?) some.

Yes that is the new/current layout. The two blue rectangles and large grey square is the property sold to Apache.

So Apache will eventually have 2 towers at BLVD Place? hopefully the retail in the southeast corner of the lot is able to do well since its completely cut off from the rest of the site. interesting how they seem to know the design of the tower in the northwest corner of the plot, or at least have an interesting shape drawn in for the tower. i hope the others arent just boring boxes. so BLVD Place will eventually have ~3 residential towers, 1 hotel tower, and 2 office towers?

So Apache will eventually have 2 towers at BLVD Place? hopefully the retail in the southeast corner of the lot is able to do well since its completely cut off from the rest of the site. interesting how they seem to know the design of the tower in the northwest corner of the plot, or at least have an interesting shape drawn in for the tower. i hope the others arent just boring boxes. so BLVD Place will eventually have ~3 residential towers, 1 hotel tower, and 2 office towers?

" interesting how they seem to know the design of the tower in the northwest corner of the plot"

That's the building now under construction. (if I think you're talking about the "L" shaped one)

Edited by beparr

" interesting how they seem to know the design of the tower in the northwest corner of the plot"

That's the building now under construction. (if I think you're talking about the "L" shaped one)

nah im talking about the blue one north/northeast of the Hanover tower. it looks like its got a slight crescent shaped bite taken out of the right side, along with a small protrusion outward on the left of the north side of the building.

Edited by cloud713

nah im talking about the blue one north/northeast of the Hanover tower. it looks like its got a slight crescent shaped bite taken out of the right side, along with a small protrusion outward on the left of the north side of the building.

I'm not 100% but I thought there were renderings of that floating around a while ago...maybe a year or so ago.  Anyone remember that one?

Yes, that was the original 37 story tower proposed by Hanover. Although it was shelved a few years back, it showed up on the plans again starting a year ago, maybe?

shelved as in placed on the back burner, and its coming back now that they are mentioning it again in the plans? they are shooting for 1000 residential units and the current Hanover tower will only have ~2-300 so there will probably be 2 more residential towers?