• 2 weeks later...

Prey had a soft opening last night. It took over the old Rise location above Ninfas. I love the corner windows in this space, and based off the pictures, Prey seems to be using it to their advantage :). Food is upscale Cajun. Wish them well!

Below are links to the article and Prey's website. 

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/new-cajun-restaurant-and-social-dining-venue-16525416

https://www.preyhouston.com

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Prey Acadian Cuisine and Social Dining1700 Post Oak, will softly open October 15 with a grand opening planned for October 29. Headed by executive chef and owner Justin "Deon" Kent, the Acadian-inspired restaurant will offer more than just delicious food; it will also be a unique dining experience with multi-cultural flavors and a warm atmosphere conducive to socializing. 

The 30 year-old chef moved to Houston from Baton Rouge with his family shortly after Hurricane Katrina wrecked much of the Gulf Coast. The family started its first business in 2018 which led to a brick and mortar location of Swamp Chicken in Richmond. His love of cooking eventually led Chef Deon, as he is better known, to launch his own restaurant which offers international flavors with Cajun flavors being a major influence. Kent said in a press release, "The increased diversification of the Houston local economy makes it a an ideal place for a restaurant like this with its stable market and environment. Opening up Prey at this time of year feels great as I have always fancied opening a multi-cultural restaurant with a fine array of foods." 

That fine array of food includes starters like Stuffed Shrimp with lump crab and Crispy Cajun Rolls made with spinach, crawfish and crab. Side dishes include Sweet Yams, Corn Brulee and a Macaroni and Cheese made with angel hair pasta, interestingly. Dinner entrees like Lamb Chops and Oxtail Surf and Turf pair Cajun flavors with fine dining sensibilities while the Suya Ceviche goes more global with an African-spiced filet mignon and lump crab served over a plantain puree. It can also be ordered with chicken breast instead of the filet. 

For the grand opening, which begins at 5 p.m., guests will be able to enjoy the full bar, along with happy hour, live music and poetry along with seafood and quality cuts of meat. 

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 5

On 10/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, hindesky said:

Prey Acadian Cuisine and Social Dining1700 Post Oak, will softly open October 15 with a grand opening planned for October 29. Headed by executive chef and owner Justin "Deon" Kent, the Acadian-inspired restaurant will offer more than just delicious food; it will also be a unique dining experience with multi-cultural flavors and a warm atmosphere conducive to socializing. 

The 30 year-old chef moved to Houston from Baton Rouge with his family shortly after Hurricane Katrina wrecked much of the Gulf Coast. The family started its first business in 2018 which led to a brick and mortar location of Swamp Chicken in Richmond. His love of cooking eventually led Chef Deon, as he is better known, to launch his own restaurant which offers international flavors with Cajun flavors being a major influence. Kent said in a press release, "The increased diversification of the Houston local economy makes it a an ideal place for a restaurant like this with its stable market and environment. Opening up Prey at this time of year feels great as I have always fancied opening a multi-cultural restaurant with a fine array of foods." 

That fine array of food includes starters like Stuffed Shrimp with lump crab and Crispy Cajun Rolls made with spinach, crawfish and crab. Side dishes include Sweet Yams, Corn Brulee and a Macaroni and Cheese made with angel hair pasta, interestingly. Dinner entrees like Lamb Chops and Oxtail Surf and Turf pair Cajun flavors with fine dining sensibilities while the Suya Ceviche goes more global with an African-spiced filet mignon and lump crab served over a plantain puree. It can also be ordered with chicken breast instead of the filet. 

For the grand opening, which begins at 5 p.m., guests will be able to enjoy the full bar, along with happy hour, live music and poetry along with seafood and quality cuts of meat. 

The blurb is from Houston Press' weekly Openings & Closings, since the source was linked or attributed.

https://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/common-bond-opens-downtown-brasserie-original-chopshop-debuts-at-the-galleria-12104112

The renovations are nice. I hope this business makes it. Isn't this the third or fourth business to lease that unit? If so, that's a high turnover in the short time this portion of BLVD Place opened.

I wish that large space used for the medical business was going to be for something i would frequent...i mean i HOPE i never have to frequent the medical space is also what i am saying 💀 haha!

Edited by gene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Is Whole Foods Coming To Boulevard Place?
  • 1 month later...

Apache is moving its HQ to Westchase https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2022/12/02/apache-corp-to-move-hq-to-westchase.html

It looks like they are moving to space that part of the company already occupies

“We are excited to move our corporate headquarters to Briarlake Plaza,” said Mark Maddox, Apache’s senior vice president of administration, in a statement. “The customized space we will build out at Briarlake will facilitate employee connection, reduce drive times for the majority of our employees, and enhance the employee workplace experience.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://realtynewsreport.com/energy-firm-moving-headquarters/
not sure if this non-paywalled article is plagiarized or not, but it sounds like they currently lease 210,000 square feet in Westchase and 524,000 in Uptown, and will be consolidating into an “early renewal and expansion” totaling 328,000 in Westchase.  Unless I’m misunderstanding, that’s a 55% drop in total square footage.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

“…energy companies in the area which are cutting square footage.

Apache Corp. is moving its headquarters from Post Oak to BriarLake Plaza in 2024, a move that could shrink its Houston presence by more than 50%. Other downsizes last year include pipeline company Enbridge, which shrunk from 600K SF to 293K SF, and Baker Hughes, which consolidated and scaled down its office space by 62%.”

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/office/callon-petroleum-upsizes-hq-as-part-of-memorial-city-move-117012

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so in surprising news to me anyway, Verizon is now permanently closed at this location! (the closest is now Shepherd and Westheimer, oy!) they said the rent had increased to over 6300 per month and i said well with what you are charging me per month you should have been able to expand at this location!!!!!! 🤪😮

Edited by gene
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 7 months later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd.
  • 2 months later...