BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

Was at Whole Foods today at lunch and Ninfa's took down all the paper covering the windows and looks awesome! They have signs up saying there is a job fair today so opening by end of month if not sooner is my guess!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Ninfa's at 5pm last night! They have a Happy Hour Menu from 3pm to 6pm that includes about 10 appetizers and some drinks.

Their chips with salsa and green dip were just as good as always and I went ahead and just ordered off the regular menu...beautiful large bar area and plenty of seating indoors and out as you can see from previous photos.

The place was busy but not jam packed so it was perfect and we got a seat at the bar no problem at all...and there didn't seem to be a wait for a table when we left at 630pm although all tables seemed filled.

Super smooth opening in my opinion!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, gene said:

Went to Ninfa's at 5pm last night! They have a Happy Hour Menu from 3pm to 6pm that includes about 10 appetizers and some drinks.

Their chips with salsa and green dip were just as good as always and I went ahead and just ordered off the regular menu...beautiful large bar area and plenty of seating indoors and out as you can see from previous photos.

The place was busy but not jam packed so it was perfect and we got a seat at the bar no problem at all...and there didn't seem to be a wait for a table when we left at 630pm although all tables seemed filled.

Super smooth opening in my opinion!

Thank you for your sacrifice to provide us with this intel comrade. In all seriousness I think I many have to go check this out soon. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Thank you for your sacrifice to provide us with this intel comrade. In all seriousness I think I many have to go check this out soon. 

haha! yes the sacrifice was large indeed. 😋 You're welcome 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, gene said:

Since I personally had no idea a Boulevard Project topic existed in a Trains section...i will post this info here too in case others didn't and want to see the new timeline for it:

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/transportation/2019/08/12/transportation-updates-uptown-boulevard-project-brt-and-bellaire-street-projects/

Uptown Boulevard Project and bus rapid-transit line

Construction is making headway on the city’s first bus rapid-transit line, the Uptown BRT, as part of the Uptown Management District’s Boulevard Project. According to the district, new traffic signals are up and running in the north segment and will be operational along all of Post Oak Boulevard by the end of September. In addition, transit stations are under construction along Post Oak, with completion by Nov. 1.The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County expects to launch METRORapid, the name for the BRT service, in March 2020.

The new Uptown/Westpark Transit Center, south of Westpark and just outside I-610, is also under construction. The Texas Department of Transportation is building an elevated segment of bus lanes from Post Oak to North Post Oak Road along I-610, connecting to the Northwest Transit Center, which is being upgraded by METRO.

Timeline: February 2017-December 2019
Cost: $130 million
Funding source: Uptown Management District

I wonder if the Uptown Lighting will still take place this year or will they change it to 2020?

I hate to be that guy but this already has a post.  Mod please remove  @Triton  @Urbannizer

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone has full access:

https://www.costar.com/article/533361720/whitestone-aims-to-invest-in-e-commerce-resistant-properties-with-recent-sale-proceeds

Whitestone REIT sold three industrial properties that will help it raise cash to invest more in properties such as this Whole Foods-anchored shopping center in Houston it bought in 2017.

• Like 1

From Costar:

Whitestone REIT, a Houston-based real estate investment trust, sold three industrial sites and plans to invest the proceeds into “e-commerce resistant" properties.

All three properties are in the Houston area and traded for a total of $39.7 million, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Whitestone received $11 million in cash as a result of last month's sales, which were part of a joint venture with Houston-based Pillarstone Capital REIT.

HMC Fuller bought the portfolio, which included: Corporate Park West at 1718 N. Fry Road, Plaza Park at 7503 South Freeway and Corporate Park Woodland at 210-240 Spring Hill Drive in The Woodlands, according to the filing.

Overall, Whitestone owns 57 properties, comprising 4.8 million square feet, that were 90.4% occupied at the end of the third quarter, up from the 89.4% occupied rate at the end of the second quarter, but down from the 91.9% occupied rate at the end of the third quarter last year.

"We tend to focus on service tenants, not soft line retailers that today are fighting to stay relevant," Jim Mastandrea, Whiteston'e CEO, said in an earnings call.

The company’s average annual rent per square foot grew 4% year-over-year from $19.64 per square foot in the third quarter to $18.97 per square foot in the same quarter last year.

Whitestone signed 68 leases in the third quarter, representing $18.6 million in total lease value and comprising 175,714 square feet, Dave Holeman, Whitestone’s chief financial officer, told investors on the call. That compares to 75 leases representing $23.8 million and comprising 170,944 square feet for the same quarter last year.

During the third quarter, Whitestone completed development of two multitenant sites in Anthem, Arizona, and a 100% lease-up of a multitenant pad side in Chandler, Arizona.

Whitestone's "e-commerce resistant focus is primarily on local and service-based entrepreneurs," said Mastandrea on the call.

The REIT posted a net income of $1.8 million in the third quarter this year, compared to $7.8 million for the same time last year.

"Our model has greatly reduced our exposure to the headwinds affecting others in our space," Mastandrea said in a statement.

Another Houston-based REIT, Weingarten Realty Trust, expects to sell up to $450 million in properties this year as it transforms its portfolio to centers anchored by trendy grocery stores and new residential development projects.

• Like 7

• The topic was unlocked
  • 2 weeks later...