I go pretty often since it's a block from my condo and 2 blocks from my work...although i usually just get the same thing everytime as mentioned above and always have good service...especially at the bar. But yeah, no complaints here! 

(i will say i like Pappasitos chips and queso and Lupe Tortilla's beef fajitas better)

1 hour ago, thatguysly said:

I haven't been to that location yet but heard negative feedback from those that have. Said it was bad compared to other Ninfa's locations and terribly slow service. Hopefully, it was just new restaurant issues that work out. It is super close to my office so I plan on going.

I tend to go on these weird food benders where I will eat the same thing for a week. I did one on Ninfa’s at both the Navigation location and the Uptown spot before corona wrecked 2020. Honestly...I didn’t notice a difference as I ate my way through the menu. As it’s usually just me on these glutinous journeys, I usually sit at the bar and haven’t had any issue with service. 

• Like 3

I ordered to go from this location about a month ago, and I got chicken fajitas w/ refried beans and rice, and I was honestly stunned by how bad the refried beans were. I'm not exaggerating or being hysterical when I say they literally tasted like the inside of my mouth after I've thrown up in the past. I couldn't even eat them. The rice was below average, not at all like I remember from any other Ninfa's location I've ever eaten at, which is at least 7 or 8 locations. The chips and salsa were okay, but nothing special. The chicken fajitas were about the same as I remember. They were pretty damn good and at least I was able to salvage a decent meal out of it. 

It's nothing at all like the original Ninfa's used to be, but even the original restaurant has changed *a lot* since Mama Ninfa passed away. They don't even carry the chocolate banana anymore. It's a real shame, too because Ninfa's used to be my favorite restaurant.

And just for the record, I'm not affiliated w/ Los Cucos or any other conflict of interest in any way, directly or through people I know. I really hope someone actually threw up in my refried beans because if that's what they've come to...yikes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Galleria-area restaurant La Table seeks approachability with menu, format changes

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/11/12/la-table-seeks-approachability.html

Approachability was the primary reason for the dramatic changes to the menu and format at La Table in the Galleria area, which reopens Nov. 18 for the first time in months.

The French restaurant took the opportunity of being closed due to Covid-19 to revamp its menu, said Deleon Pinto, director of operations with managing group Bastion, formerly known as Invest Hospitality.

La Table also invested in its patio, expanding it, adding more tables and creating an atmosphere that Pinto said is now similar to a summer garden. He wants to make it one of the reasons people come to La Table.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to BLVD Place / Hanover Towers / Apache HQ Developments
  • 4 weeks later...

This evening as I walked past the  green lawns that flank the Whole Foods unit and  the two unbuilt sites on the western side of  Post Oak Lane and through the Apache parking lot, it struck me that its been a good 15 years since this project got underway and that a good amount of it is still undeveloped.  Would this be considered a failed project in the development world?  Granted not as disastrous as the mall built in the Jersey Meadowlands that opened just in time for Covid to shut it down. And to the extent that the developer sold all of the land and got a return on his investment, then it might be considered a success. Nonetheless given that it might take another decade for the final lot to be built upon, it seems like something about this location or urban plan didn't work out right. It's also true that the US has been through a Great Recession and financial melt down  and now a pandemic recession during this period and that the oil business has been through a boom/bust cycle and a recovery bust cycle during the last decade. There are no plans on the record to start construction on the vacant lots and it is hard to understand where the demand would come from for more retail or office space in this location.  That leaves residential and hospitality, with the latter currently in distress and wiping out any equity cushion the owners of hotels have above the mortgages on their properties, many of which are in default or in some form of special servicing.    

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to BLVD Place/Hanover Towers/Apache Headquarters
On 7/17/2021 at 9:55 PM, Highrise Tower said:

The three parcels I'd like to see developed within the next decade.

Apache owns the grassy parcel facing Post Oak Blvd?

QrtaKDn.png

Whitestone REIT owns the 6 BLVD Place surface lot?

hIncMSr.png

Hines owns the grassy parcel next to Hanover Post Oak?

QG210Z1.png

Per HCAD, Apache owns the entire block outside of 6 Blvd Place and Metlife owns the block surrounding the pocket park. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...