Hottest Houston News Personalities

i'd have to agree...

i saw Byron Miranda's forecast. he just tells you what's on the screen... "high temp today is 92 dgrees. it means it's gonna get hot."

We call Byron "Math Boy"...."Lunchtime for the kiddies-mmmmm-grilled cheese, right? will be 83-add 5 [long, emabrassing pause] and that's...uhhh...88! Yes! 88 at comin' home drivin' time!" His first morning on the air he called Houston House-ton. But don't forget, he does work for 2.

B)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We call Byron "Math Boy"...."Lunchtime for the kiddies-mmmmm-grilled cheese, right? will be 83-add 5 [long, emabrassing pause] and that's...uhhh...88! Yes! 88 at comin' home drivin' time!" His first morning on the air he called Houston House-ton. But don't forget, he does work for 2.

B)

WHo the hell is this new Corona chick I see trying to slip into my girl Dominique's space on Channel 2, that Corona woman is a trainwreck. I have seen better heads on mugs of beer. This simply WILL NOT DO ! <_<:angry2::)

I don't know anything about Cynthia Hunt, but you're right about Foronda. I've seen her deliberately ignore people she works with on a day-to-day basis when they run into each other in public. And I don't mean co-workers that you see across the office, or simply nod to in the hallway. I mean people whose name she knows, who talk to her dozens of times a day over the course of years, and upon whom her career depends -- then she just completely blows them off when she gets behind them in line at the West Gray Kroger and they turn around and say "hi." Completely rude. I wonder how many years it's been since she wrote a single line of copy or did any work other than posing for publicity photos.

I thought it was pretty funny when the Houston Press referenced her as "Anchor of undetermined ethnicity." For the record: Philippina.

She's okay looking, but has the ass of a 14 year-old boy. I'm just not into that.

I tend to judge the value of a news source by the number of times I'm surprised by something going on that I would have liked to see or participate in but I missed from not knowing, and then going back and seeing which outlets announced it before it happened.

It must be nice to have that kind of spare time on your hands.

But back to the subject at hand--Jan Jeffcoat is my pick for the best in Houston, but that Ilona Carson is also very attractive and Mia Gradney--what network does she work for? I must see her :) .

She's on KHCW - Channel 39.

You guys are forgetting the queen of Houston news:

Does anyone else find Shern-Min Chow annoying?

Queen of Houston news? Another ethnic poser.

At Yao Ming's first news conference in Houston, Shern-Min stood up and started asking him a question in Chinese -- got half way through it, screwed it up, couldn't recover, and had to sit down. It was sad. Like a third-grader who spent all week memorizing her one line in the school play only to blow it in front of the whole class. Even sadder -- 39's Elizabeth Lee got up a couple of questions later and pulled off a flawless Chinese interaction with Yao. Pretty sad when the reporter from the CBS station is upstaged by a reporter from the WB station.

Another brief incident -- a co-worker was showing off a new watch. When it was shown to Shern-Min she didn't recognize that it had Chinese characters for the numbers. She just thought they were pretty designs until it was pointed out to her that they were Chinese numbers. Nice.

• 2 weeks later...
VelvetJ:

Did anyone notice Channel 2 has a new weather guy?

Yes, they introduced him the other evening, but I forgot what he looked like or what his name is.

He replaced Anthony Yanez who moved to mornings.

Edited:

Hmm, well I don't see him on kprc.com. Maybe you're referring to Byron Miranda and maybe I dreamt up the guy I'm talking about, though I know I couldn't have. Last week I dreamt that two women were killed after someone poured a bunch of marbles on top of them, so I guess I could have dreamt up a new KPRC weather man. I guess it's possible.

But I think I only saw him once and that was a couple of nights ago, unless like I said, maybe I dreamt him. I looked on the KPRC website and did not see anything about a new weather man. I'm going through one of my vivid dreaming phases that happen every other month or so and lasts for sometimes longer than a week at a time. I hate them. That's some bizarre crap happening during the night.

I had channel 2 on just a few minutes ago, but I think it was Frank. Heck, I don't even remember.

Someone confirm that the new weather man is real (I'm not talking about Miranda) and I'll feel better.

Last night I dreamt that Kambrel Marshall from KPRC and Whitney Casey from "Great Day Houston" went to New York to take over hosting duties at "The Today Show".

While I'm on the subject of my dreams:

I also dreamt that I had a pet stingray that I kept in the back yard.

Another dream from last night: I was at my grandmother's house and a dog had poo pooed in one of the rooms and I volenteered to clean it up because I didn't want it to be a burden on someone else. Little did I know that once I got into the room, there were piles of poo all over the place and furniture moved into the center of the room, so it was hard to maneuver through. As I was cleaning the poo this rapper guy comes into the doorway and starts rapping which makes me laugh which prompts the rapper guy to smile and rappers never smile.

I'll be glad when I'm finished with these dreams for a while.

Parrothead:

Not a big fan of Byron Miranda. He looks like Billy Dee Williams in 1979, with less personality.

He does look like someone from another time. My mom made a comment about that the other day. I've thought so since I first saw him and now you've said it.

I can't quite put my finger on it but maybe that appeals to me for some reason. I like him.

Just looked at the Jan Jeffcoat site. Ick. Not my cup of tea.

There was a message on one of the TV industry web sites a few years ago when she started at WBTV complaining that she had no news experience, but the poster wasn't able to back it up with any proof or evidence.

Hater, I forgot about Jan, but she is NOTHING next to Dominique. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Hater, I forgot about Jan, but she is NOTHING next to Dominique. :blink:

Really? Dominique is nice to look at to me, but nothing I would do a double take at. On the other hand, Jan--well let's just say that to me she reperesents the beautiful diversity of America :)

By the way, I believe Jan is married to an architect.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to let those folks laying down smack on Deborah Wrigley know something:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4345488

Can your pretty-boy Barbie-doll anhor-reporters do THAT?

I stand by my earlier statements.

Booyah.

I hear ya' as far as that goes, she's a good journalist that I wish they would allow her to do more than the typical runs they give some of the other reporters. But I guess it's up to the person that doles out the assignments.

Ilona Carson is pretty hot, reminds me of a girl I used to like when I was a freshman in highschool...............

Dominique is cute but she has a little cross-eyed action going on... reminds me of my cross-eyed cat............

But whats up with Ed Brandon, he seriously needs to blow his nose. I cannot stand hearing him up there sounding like he is sick all of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Jan is one of the best morning personalities in Houston. She seems very family oriented. Is she married to anyone famous?

Thanks

Is Jan married to anyone famous?

Thanks

Has anyone else noticed that Jan Jeffcoat wasn't wearing a wedding ring today? I think she's trying to tell me something. Either that or she has a rash on her finger. I believe the former.

Archived